Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 7-22-16

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
So my kids and I were talking about what is coming in the future and my eight year old son had some recommendations. If Polaris is someday in the future for Pirate 101 he would like to see snow rats (I believe they are a snow weasel in Alaska vs. a rat) and a boss that is a giant killer snow flake. I know this is not side content but I promised my son I would post this, plus the discussion thread is very close to 100 comments.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Next Pirate101 Update may actually be Polaris and Darkmoor.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
What a wonderful response! Thank you all for your thoughts and feedback. I'm working on compiling a list and checking it with ours to see if we're on the right track with priorities (spoiler alert: I think we are, because I'm seeing a lot of things on our "want to do list" mentioned here). Keep the posts coming!
When is this update expected to come?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
I had an idea of fighting the class trainers. Why, IDK.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! I just thought about one thing we should also want to see in P101!

That is more class trainer epics/powers quests, 'cause we really want to see that trend keep on going, starting from Level 35 & onwards, being that we may need more new powers & epics to our pirates. We may need something to survive the tougher battles, even more to come.

You know, I have this other thought we should also have in P101.

- Advanced Companion Powers & Training. The current companion training system could use a good overhaul, allowing our companions to train more new powers, including Epics, too, both through leveling & promotions. What I envision in that is the upgraded system should have a power/talent tree, that branches through many paths that show more new talents & powers to train through leveling up companions. As they level up, the discover more new powers &/or Epics to train, with some others through side paths that branch out in certain levels. Most can be unlocked by themselves, while some have to be learned through a new exclusive Power Token slot system that grants them new abilities by using them. They can be earned through leveling & certain new companion power quests, that should be a part o' P101's questing system. They're not like promo quests, but they grant companions some new powers only they can learn & more Power Token slots. Our companions do need to have more new powers to learn, so, I think this idea would be made into the game. Our companions gaining more experience to level up remains the same, though, especially through their orders or training tomes.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
AHOY

One thing I thought of >>> In game, when you click on the pirate's power section, it will show all available powers in a card format. When you click on each card, a picture and brief description of power is displayed.

Sometimes, the brief description is somewhat vague.... sooooo, it got me to thinking

Why can't we use not only the front side of the card, but have a back side too? That way KI"s developers have more space to fill in better descriptions of what each power will do on the back of card. Maybe, insert a tab on the power card where we can point-n-click to flip from front/ back of each card.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 1, 2016 wrote:
Hmm...I gotta whole notebook full of ideas, including some things that may help players as they explore the skyways.

Convenience additions

• With the Smugglers Cove, have it so that it glows/highlights when your 24 hour wishing well-wait is up. From your pack, have a small gold icon show over the Cove and also over the "Home" icon.
  • Display currently equipped pet's "stat card" when you mouse over/click on a pet in your inventory/banks. Same as gear, so you can compare pets with ease.
  • Add a Pet Corral that handles all pet storage needs, to help free up our packs/banks space. With so many pets it eats away at pack space.
  • Add a Pet Locator. Something that let's you change search options to find certain pets/traits.
  • Allow quest sorting by; XP gained, world/location, special rewards/companions, gold rewarded, companion tomes...
  • Add another way to gain Pet Energy.
  • Add companion tasks like Ransackin' (Scrip), Pillagin' (Housing Items), Pet Trainer (Pet Energy)

Fun Stuff/Daily Additions

• Add daily questing & weekly boss bounties. My suggestions can be found here. Basically Daily Plunder & weekly Toss-a-Boss bounties.
  • Random Skyway Message In a Bottle, quests. Unique follow-the-clues quests, featuring rare gear/items, appearing at random, throughout the skyways.
  • Add Crafting/Tinkering/Forging/Enchanting
  • Advanced Mounts. Pets have chance at adult to transition (via option only) into mounts & retain pirate grants-- so up to 3 extra grants, via a cool mount. Add mount stitching to get grants you want on the mount you just gotta have!
  • Spiral photography/albums. Idea here
  • Sign "system" in our pirates' homes. Idea here.
  • Belt buckle accessories from Cool Ranch

To Help With Member Recruitment
  • Add a members only Epic Crown Shop called The Treasure Trove. (encourages progression/membership/ daily activity).
  • Add more bundles/booster packs. Petropolis bundle suggestion found here.
  • Encourage more W101 & P101 cross-playing. Add incentives to progress in one game & get rewards in the other.

And more...
what do you mean the wishing well in smugglers cove? that bit confused me

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
nefarious alex on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
gear trading (im posting as i come up with these or remember them so sorry for a lot of posts)
do you mean gear trading between say, you and a friend or between all of your pirates? because if you mean trade between different pirates of yours, that's a option using the shared bank, and if you mean between like, friends, then that'd be way too op, it would almost remove the purpose of farming and just encourage begging(which is incredibly annoying)

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
vadima gives more abilities because witchdoctors even with the clandestine trainers dont get many epic abilities compared to any other class please stop giving us crummy abilities and make us more powerful.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
strubbersisbae on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
do you mean gear trading between say, you and a friend or between all of your pirates? because if you mean trade between different pirates of yours, that's a option using the shared bank, and if you mean between like, friends, then that'd be way too op, it would almost remove the purpose of farming and just encourage begging(which is incredibly annoying)
i mean between accounts because i never plan on making a privateer and i need a faster way to help non members to get gold to breed. i use the shared bank way too much.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
wow... just wow! well since most of my previous posted ideas and test realm(s) suggested have been re-iterated here already, heard by the many wonderful people who have listened to my endless babble over the last 4 yrs on wiz(where most were actually used ty ki gods) and 2+ years posting here on p101 forums and within the morph tent.. I will just heartily yar all those previous stated and later comment on the new not-mine ideas too :) (wont bore you with links to overly-detailed stuff unless requested either)
kinda thought ya'll might appreciate something new from me.. so here goes:
In a nutshell my idea I wanted to post this past P101 test realm, was to give us pirates a "wallet" since they refused to double our gold cap. in essence everytime you battled in any world you would get that world origin money as well.. (ex. monquistan bucks) not just when grinding out dungeons but in ship battles etc, and to sweeten the deal when in skyways between 2 certain worlds you'd get some from both worlds.. all of this on top of gold/crowns/script, but could be used at future crafting vendors npc as well as for ship npc etc.. not at bazaar though..
I envisioned it to be an icon on lower half of character page when you click it it opens a pop up window showing what world monies you had.. seemed like it might work to help buffer those times when gold is needed for tomes or hatching.. makes sense to me that different worlds would have their own currencies anyways, plus as pirates we'd be looting all types and using as needed.. maybe even could choose when selling gear at a free trader in a certain world between getting that world origin bucks or normal gold?
this ties into my previously posted "melding" idea.. a more piratey form of crafting.. done via artisan shops.. I wanted it to be a more intense/less grinding system.. make "salvage piles" at home(like my gear vaults ya'll added on wiz but different in that what was deposited cant be withdrawn) the NPC buy it whole.
TBC

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
second part though its kinda all jumbled up from copying from my twitlonger post XD
In each world there would be certain of these NPC artisans that are extra special "Smiths" we'll call them for now.. they specialize in blueprints reading(which you provide) and when given proper supplies will do the "crafting" for you.. will be given a set time to pick it up later(good things come to those that wait).. your companions would be used to mine the ores etc found AT YOUR HOME, otherwise leather etc is gotten from the scraps from the Salvage experts(who you sold your gear pile) (they buy it whole and give you gold, world bucks, and the scraps which you then use in making gear housing items and yes ship parts)
for this part of the idea I really wanted blueprints, because epic stuff need epic materials.. some could be sold via crown shop as well as dropped maybe even tiny pieces of blueprints found as rare loot (similar to rise and destroy), most should be gotten from smugglers arena or from Squid Viscious via script or in bonus one-shots and/or the treasure hunting aka daily assignments..
Before you holler at me please realize, the blueprints would be only for rare or the bigger things, mounts houses and ships. Though a few epic housing pieces would be lovely too..
As for the normal melding I had previously posted on, that form of melding I had suggested was more similar to stitching is now: as you would take 2 items and let a Stitch-Smith meld them together.. if a carded item you get at least one of the cards to keep and then stats would be added together total then divided by 2 for it to average out. or have a set amount of stat choices like pick up to 5 stats(depending on your level) (or could be a randomized roll) of will, piercing, damage, spookier etc. from the pieces you used as ingredients..
there is more but I'm pretty sure ya'll bored now so I'll hush and see what ya'll think :3
stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A couple more, that I forgot earlier:

Weapons displays for our houses -- I've been saving the ones I thought looked cool for forever!

A Pegleg! I know that the animation would need to be worked out, but it would be a fantastic piratey look.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
strubbersisbae on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
what do you mean the wishing well in smugglers cove? that bit confused me
Oh hey, sorry I missed this question. I was just referring to the wishing well in the Smuggler's Cove house, that you can activate one time, every 24 hours. It rewards gold based on your pirate's level and occasionally you can get Scrip as your reward-- up to 100, I believe, regardless of pirate level.

My baby Witchdoctor is actually a Scrip magnet. I log in twice a day to train pets, collect from crew and hit the wishing well in the Smugglers Cove every 24 hours. I currently don't play my other pirates or haven't gone after any Scrip with them, but my Witchdoctor has managed to rack up 900+ Scrip just from the wishing well, while my other 4 baby pirates aren't even at the 500 mark.

To activate the wishing well, you go into the cave (inside the Cove) that is located up the stairs towards the right, after porting in via the "Home" button. Just turn right when you get up the stairs and the "cave entrance" is on the immediate left. You then make your way through the first area and you'll see some water on the right in the next little area. On the far wall you can activate a "switch" that gets the wishing well ball rolling. You'll see some animations like a spooky cage/skeleton and a cannonball racing around a la Indiana Jones style. Then you backtrack and on the right (back in the larger area where you first came in) you will see a large boulder lowering down, that once was blocking a small room that houses the wishing well. Or the boulder may have already lowered if you didn't get there fast enough.

Just go over to the wishing well and activate it and voila....insta-gold or maybe even some Scrip! You can collect once every 24 hours, per pirate. Either purchase the house for every pirate (gold in the Crown Shop) or use a friend's well, or use 2 accounts if you have them. But each pirate gets one shot every 24 hours!

Cha-ching!!!

Ensign
Dec 09, 2011
I want bug fixes. If you were to release another dungeon like Moo Manchu tower and just fix these silly bugs, I may be happy.

Firstly, when you make a new pirate and you go to skull island mountain, there are SO many bugs, it's hard to count.

The second major thing I would like fixed is the Hydra. I think you already know how many people complain about that fight, and I'd like to see it fixed after 3 years of being released.

Thanks!2

Ensign
Dec 09, 2011
I didn't mention this in my last post but, here are features i'd like added.

1) I would like the option to be able to "afk spin" while having a different tab open, like in Wizard101.

2) THIS ONE IS ESSENTIAL*** It is VERY annoying that the chat bubbles are on the right hand side in the middle of the screen. It gets in the way of the friends menu more times than I can count.

3) I'd like to see Chantal, Fan and all those other companions get a new promotion. Speaking for myself because I am a musketeer, Chantal has the second highest agility boost and not the highest, while Peter Quint has the max strength boost

4) While we're on the topic of Peter Quint, why is Peter an open chat only word?

5) Swashbucklers and Privateers have a mass amount of companions, while the rest of us little guys are lefr with some crappy ones

6) QUICK. SELL..!!!! Enough said

7) ITEM LOCKING. I accidentally trashed my Kanes Mask and lemme tell you I was not happy

8) A gear vault. Kane fight has SOOO much gear and I have no where to put it

9) Friends menu like wizard101, not because it's such a new feature, but because pirate101 friend menu is essentially broken

10) I really wish Peter Quint, Chantal and all those other characters made storyline appearances. They are essentially the current best companions in the game, but they feel really out of place with no promotion quests and never appearing once in dialogue.

11) Better gear, the weapons currently are awesome and I really like the weapons, but I don't know about anyone else, but my gear is really crappy.

12) Not being able to right click names in chat is rather annoying

13) I would really like a chance to get the cat pirate companion. Maybe release it for one day and whoever gets it gets it?

14) New card packs that you can get gear from. Again, all of my gear is so crappy and I can't get really any good gear, not from card packs or anything, I can only get good weapons.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2011
Last one I swear:

I want to see a Pegleg mount. You have the Mighty Steed mount that is coconuts, but I really feel that all the gear has strayed away from a classic pirate look. It doesn't feel like real PIRATE101 anymore. I would really like to see hardcore pirate-themed gear and mounts, like a pegleg!

OR a pegleg accessory, yes you'd have to do the animation in regards to battles, walking, and EVERY SINGLE WEAPON, but I think it would look so cool! (if you do this though make it really hard to get, so not every single pirate in existence has one!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
I had an idea of fighting the class trainers. Why, IDK.
why not? I could see it as a "proving your mettle" a way to earn the next ranks of your current class.. though certain rules would HAVE to apply..

1) You could ONLY fight YOUR same class trainer.. period
2) Ranks 4+ can only be trained by that class.. aquisition by gear grants pets etc maybe.. but a bit later..
3) Your teacher since older, wiser, more experienced will be double your health.. your duty is to get them to HALF health at which point they congratulate you heartily :D
4) I think 1v1 is best otherwise "choose your second" works as long as NOT Fan etc (they would help teach instead) (be awesome if both options were offered and special badge earned showing your choice when completed)
5) No crown shop henchmen nor outsider friends help is allowed
6) Failing a few times wont stop storyline progression, however the "special" new ranks yes..
7) Should be "anything goes" including doubloons and heals both sides.. though it might trigger a "cheat" >:B your real only advantage is your pet..which WON'T be a trigger no matter what..
8) Once completed isn't repeatable
9) Most likely shouldn't affect other powers unlocked with the new world which are standardly by level trained

All in all I think it would be a fun twist and extremely piratey.. bonus be a choice of a "masterwork" weapon only one only once.. can choose immediately or choose to pick up later on when convenient.. This could unlock and tie into all kinds of future side quests for epic things, companions or blueprints.. LOVE the possibilities!! Great idea!! tyvm for sharing it :3 I know Ratbeard would have fun making it challenging >:D

stormy jen silver

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I've had this idea for a long time, but I'm not sure if people will like it:
What if, after winning a battle, we had a slight (1-5%) chance of recruiting one of the enemies? When it shows up when you've got one, though, you'll have a choice to recruit them or not, so it doesn't fill up your roster as much. Depending on their level, they'll have up to 3 epics to choose from upon recruitment and, still depending, have one or two promotions (pay to promote) as well.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
I've had this idea for a long time, but I'm not sure if people will like it:
What if, after winning a battle, we had a slight (1-5%) chance of recruiting one of the enemies? When it shows up when you've got one, though, you'll have a choice to recruit them or not, so it doesn't fill up your roster as much. Depending on their level, they'll have up to 3 epics to choose from upon recruitment and, still depending, have one or two promotions (pay to promote) as well.
Great Idea for a Piratey one-shot gauntlet reward! That way its still a special companion and worth all the fun and work to recruit it! also what better way to pre-set its tier than a one-shot gauntlet form? other than Armada, what other villainous or shady characters would you want on your team? what places would you like to visit in these? or maybe the companion gotten is one of the bosses' "minions"? Also imo i feel the one-shot should be able to scale difficulty not only by level tier chosen.. but also by how many actual players join in the beginning.. that way if you get tired of waiting and want to solo, you dont spend overmuch in crowns on henchmen..
keep the ideas rolling ya'll!!
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
More Houses and Housing items, There are many Wiz101 stuff on Pirate101, but I'd like to see more, I'm mostly interested in Marleybone and Krokotopia Housing stuff, mostly because of their historical themes, but i'd love to see stuff from other Wizard worlds too.

More companion interaction! I know romance stuff is a no-no, since this is mostly a kids game, but how about having other type of conversations with them or playing games, similar to pet games maybe. There's that room on the Taverns for the companions, let's bring more utility to it.

[EDIT] Another idea about companions is having them commenting the areas we pass through, like they do in missions, they could also do more comments on side missions, besides the main story ones.
I'm not saying to do it on all of companions you can get, since that would take way too much work but perhaps only on the ones you get at the beginning of P101 and some major characters of the Storyline, Bonnie Anne, Ensign Emmett, Ratbeard...
Also it would be great if we could place the companions in our houses and still being able to use them outside for them, as followers and in combat.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
a new side dungeon with good gear drops but is five battles maybe.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i did the pirate regatta all the way through for the first time and saw the sand castle monk and thought i want that as a companion. all i'm saying is five different enemy ships and five different classes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think it would be interesting to have "house guests" like Wizard101 packs come with now. For example, a Marleybone inspired pack could have a sweeping fox maid or those cute orphan kits and pups. ( Who wouldn't want to give some of those orphans a nice home? )

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
nicolas123654 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
Last one I swear:

I want to see a Pegleg mount. You have the Mighty Steed mount that is coconuts, but I really feel that all the gear has strayed away from a classic pirate look. It doesn't feel like real PIRATE101 anymore. I would really like to see hardcore pirate-themed gear and mounts, like a pegleg!

OR a pegleg accessory, yes you'd have to do the animation in regards to battles, walking, and EVERY SINGLE WEAPON, but I think it would look so cool! (if you do this though make it really hard to get, so not every single pirate in existence has one!
like ratbeard make the pegleg a set maybe a peg leg and sword or staff or gun
only three weapons to program