Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

my old pet has become horrible

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
Although it gets loyal three my pet orchid chameleon at lvl 70 does 120 damage. im looking at the other pets i have and they are better at lvl 50. was this caused by the pet update or is the orchid chameleon just that bad also are there any non crown pets that are good for witchdoctors? thanks in advance

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The first generation pets are not all that strong compare to what many pirates have been able to morph. It takes time and gold, but meeting people in the morphing tent who are willing to help you morph a better pet is the best way to go. There are several "Grant" talents that are helpful for a Witchdoctor to have (like "Grants Readied Spell"). If you can find someone with multiple WD grants on their pet willing to morph with you, that can help shortcut the process. But do ask politely and keep in mind that people with really nice pets get asked a lot to morph with people, so do not be offended if they say no thanks (they are probably working on a morphing project of their own).

With pet questions, I would post them on the Circus Maximus sub-forum. I think you will receive responses more quickly that way.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
nefarious alex on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Although it gets loyal three my pet orchid chameleon at lvl 70 does 120 damage. im looking at the other pets i have and they are better at lvl 50. was this caused by the pet update or is the orchid chameleon just that bad also are there any non crown pets that are good for witchdoctors? thanks in advance
Do you have the pet's Power maxed out? Just because it's level 70 doesn't mean it's reached it's total potential unless you've trained it's Power level. Power directly effects your pets attack damage. For those that aren't sure what this is... Power is at the left, bottom of the screen next to Grit, Guile and Guts. I have level 70 pets I'm still training to elevate their Power level. It's slow going because most snacks offer +3 power at most... and that's IF they boost a particular pet's Power level. Not all snacks boost Power on all pets so there's usually some experimenting involved to figure out which ones your pet "likes". With high level pets stick to low-level training and feeding them the lowest level snacks possible because anything else is just a waste when you're going for a boost in Power only. Training doesn't boost Power at all so there's no sense in using energy for high level training if you don't need to. Training "maxed" level pets for power is simply a means to get to the "feeding stage".
Most 1st generation pets have a Power maximum of 180 so it can take a long time to get this level elevated when you consider you're getting only an average of +1 or +2 every time you feed it... if you feed it the right stuff. Do the math, it's 90 training sessions at +2 per feed.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Tucson, I thought that Power only impacted PVP not PVE?

I can't remember where I heard this but it the reason I've never worried about how much power my pets have.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Logansan on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
Tucson, I thought that Power only impacted PVP not PVE?

I can't remember where I heard this but it the reason I've never worried about how much power my pets have.
I thought the same thing for a long time but I think it's Grit, Guile and Guts that only apply to PvP.
The Power boost is easier to see on a low level pet like a level 10 with one attack...Take a look at its attack power and note the damage it does... then feed it some power boosting snacks and look at the damage again. You'll find that it will inch up very slowly but it does increase. Most of my 1st gen lev. 70 pets with maxed Power levels do an average base of around 170 damage per hit. My 3rd gen Tarantula has a max Power of 235 and his attacks are at around 190 base damage.
These are also modified by Strength, Will, and Agility but Power boosts go directly towards the damage. The S, W and A stats contribute mainly to things like accuracy, success-of-attack, dodge, block and critical hit potential much like they do with pirates. The pet will generally use the highest of those stats as their primary weapon power indicator.
These are all assumptions on my part based on personal observations and I don't claim them to be gospel. But the method works for me so I'm sticking with my story lol.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Thanks Tucson, I'll start increasing the power on my main pet and try to note the results.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Logansan on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
Thanks Tucson, I'll start increasing the power on my main pet and try to note the results.
Actually, I thought about the suggestion about trying this out on a low level pet and I re-thought it... your max level pet will be a better test subject. Since its stats (Strength, Agility, Will) are maxed out then the results of increasing your Power level will be un-tainted by a corresponding increase in any of those stats so it should be easier to see an increase in damage based ONLY on Power increase.
I hope that made sense... it almost started to confuse me just by typing it!