Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

keep our parents out of the story from now on

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
i never even knew those idiots. i don't love them. let's just find their graves in darkmoor and forget them. i don't know what jack, milo, gaspard, birgus, and mike had with her and i don't care. she died a million years ago. they must've been into her or something because they didn't cry over christopher clark or marco pollo's deaths.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oh, harsh! Personally, I like the backstory element. We've only begun to learn, so I'd be happy to continue finding out more about Dad -- we don't even know his name yet! How did he meet Pirate Jenny and fall in love, etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
i never even knew those idiots. i don't love them. let's just find their graves in darkmoor and forget them. i don't know what jack, milo, gaspard, birgus, and mike had with her and i don't care. she died a million years ago. they must've been into her or something because they didn't cry over christopher clark or marco pollo's deaths.
I don't know how to reply to this grumpy, mean spirited post! Ok, saying that helped.
1. How do you know that they're buried in Darkmoor? Nothing in the story indicates where they were buried ( or even if they were buried, tell me how you bury someone who has been eaten by a Giant Sky Squid! )
2. The Presidio companions never knew that our Mother had been a member of Marco Pollo's expedition to El Dorado until we found the photograph.
3. We didn't even know Christopher Clark had died, until we got to Cool Ranch, so why should they express sorrow over a guy they never knew and who had lived a good life, leaving behind a son?
And aren't you even a tiny bit curious about your pirate's father?

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
so you would be ok never knowing your parents? knowing that they were part of a great crew and had tons of treasure. i think since our mother was on marco pollos crew she had a map piece and i dont think we or kane have found it so we do a quest into darkmoor where we find her map then she gets restricted to the presidio companion promotions.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I don't know about you, but I'd like to know more about them. We hardly know anything about father at all, and surely they'll come back into the main story somehow, be it someone knowing them, like that tiger, or a mention.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
With our parents flip flop on the El Dorado subject.....I'm starting to think their ghosts are useless anyways.

I wish I could give up even more memories of them to the Mysteries in order to know something I can use today (like some clarifying elements to the end of Book 15 or to point me where I need to go after Kane). The only thing worse than not remembering your parents, is being a pirate and not having treasure goal.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
I don't know how to reply to this grumpy, mean spirited post! Ok, saying that helped.
1. How do you know that they're buried in Darkmoor? Nothing in the story indicates where they were buried ( or even if they were buried, tell me how you bury someone who has been eaten by a Giant Sky Squid! )
2. The Presidio companions never knew that our Mother had been a member of Marco Pollo's expedition to El Dorado until we found the photograph.
3. We didn't even know Christopher Clark had died, until we got to Cool Ranch, so why should they express sorrow over a guy they never knew and who had lived a good life, leaving behind a son?
Ok, as much as these points are valid, I will say I kind of agree with Lucas' statement. It is an over used plot device and, also, they seem like they don't know what they are talking about. first they tell us to go to El Dorado then once we get as close as we've ever been we are told to forget it? It seems they don't know what their saying. From what the toymaker said, it seems that El Dorado was a horrible place and they barely made it out alive. Then why would our parents ever want us to go there? There is absolutely NOTHING in El Dorado worth taking the risk of going there. Even those sentinels have nothing to offer anyone. The so called "golden mind" allows itself to be overcome with greed and corruption.

I kinda went waaaay off topic but still I do think that having our parents talk to us again is a rather dumb idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
Ok, as much as these points are valid, I will say I kind of agree with Lucas' statement. It is an over used plot device and, also, they seem like they don't know what they are talking about. first they tell us to go to El Dorado then once we get as close as we've ever been we are told to forget it? It seems they don't know what their saying. From what the toymaker said, it seems that El Dorado was a horrible place and they barely made it out alive. Then why would our parents ever want us to go there? There is absolutely NOTHING in El Dorado worth taking the risk of going there. Even those sentinels have nothing to offer anyone. The so called "golden mind" allows itself to be overcome with greed and corruption.

I kinda went waaaay off topic but still I do think that having our parents talk to us again is a rather dumb idea.
According to Blind Mew: "Question everything that was said from those crystals". That those supposed spirits were in silhouette, with no identifying features; plus the fact that they did say just the opposite to what they said in the Cave of Many Voices, should make you question. I believe Old Scratch was deceived into believing them, too.
I believe that the Golden Mind was always corrupted, and it was Gazpaccio's tinkering with something he didn't full understand that caused all the trouble in the first place.
Having our parents be a motivating factor in our actions is hardly a worn out device: the first instance happens waaaay back in The Gold Mine, and the second ( or is it the second? ) happens in Valencia2 as part of the end of the first story arc - with everyone expecting that we would be going to El Dorado in the second arc.
Certainly there is danger in El Dorado, most fabulous treasures have either a guardian or are placed in an area of terrific danger - it would hardly be much of a treasure hunt if it was located in a serene meadow filled with butterflies!
And what if other pirates are going there? We've seen how Bob Carrington and Captain Hande were willing to go to great lengths just to get our map pieces, do you want them to get it?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
According to Blind Mew: "Question everything that was said from those crystals". That those supposed spirits were in silhouette, with no identifying features; plus the fact that they did say just the opposite to what they said in the Cave of Many Voices, should make you question. I believe Old Scratch was deceived into believing them, too.
I believe that the Golden Mind was always corrupted, and it was Gazpaccio's tinkering with something he didn't full understand that caused all the trouble in the first place.
Having our parents be a motivating factor in our actions is hardly a worn out device: the first instance happens waaaay back in The Gold Mine, and the second ( or is it the second? ) happens in Valencia2 as part of the end of the first story arc - with everyone expecting that we would be going to El Dorado in the second arc.
Certainly there is danger in El Dorado, most fabulous treasures have either a guardian or are placed in an area of terrific danger - it would hardly be much of a treasure hunt if it was located in a serene meadow filled with butterflies!
And what if other pirates are going there? We've seen how Bob Carrington and Captain Hande were willing to go to great lengths just to get our map pieces, do you want them to get it?
And die before they make it out with all the gold? Sure, go ahead, take all my map pieces, I don't need them anyway. It's their funeral.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
oh, i forgot they didn't know marco or chris. well i'm still fed up with this business about her being the most pure and innocent person in existence and everyone crying over her. that's all there is to her as far as i can see. i'd rather pvp in wizard101 than learn about my dead parents. i'll dedicate my time to my own life, thank you.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Wow, that post was just plain harsh! I mean come on their your parents, seriously aren't you at least a little curious about them? And, as many others have already pointed out we don't even know our father's name!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
oh, i forgot they didn't know marco or chris. well i'm still fed up with this business about her being the most pure and innocent person in existence and everyone crying over her. that's all there is to her as far as i can see. i'd rather pvp in wizard101 than learn about my dead parents. i'll dedicate my time to my own life, thank you.
It is tragic to lose your mother at an early age ( and by violent methods as well ). Who said she was pure and innocent? She was a pirate for gosh sakes! She mutinied against Captain Hande, stole his treasure and cut off his hand! Does that sound pure and innocent?
Plus, if you look at that cave where she used to live, you'll notice that there's a skeleton in chains hanging off a stalagmite! A former victim of our piratical parents, no doubt, and they left him hanging there!
Still, she could have been a "good" person ( the way Captain Avery is "good" ).
Go ahead and PVP, some of us like a good story line.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
And die before they make it out with all the gold? Sure, go ahead, take all my map pieces, I don't need them anyway. It's their funeral.
Never mind, I was just wondering about the problems they could cause if they succeeded in taking the El Dorado gold ( or manage to find out how to control the Golden Guardians ).

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Never mind, I was just wondering about the problems they could cause if they succeeded in taking the El Dorado gold ( or manage to find out how to control the Golden Guardians ).
Now that I think of it, Maybe some enemies SHOULD go to El Dorado and it would be like the Treasure of the Sierra Madre where one gets greedy and betrays everyone and they all end up with no gold and most of them dead.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Now that I think of it, Maybe some enemies SHOULD go to El Dorado and it would be like the Treasure of the Sierra Madre where one gets greedy and betrays everyone and they all end up with no gold and most of them dead.
I like that movie. As you saw in the El Dorado puppet show, the members of Marco Pollo's crew were fighting over the treasure ( even our so "pure and innocent" mother ), so this scenario could happen to them ( or even us ).

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
well although marco pollo did lose a lot of crew when he went to el dorado he still made it out alive and with a ton of treasure. yes the sentinels are dangerous but lets face it what did want guarding one of the greatest hoards of treasure in the spiral? I think having a fight with ultimate death robots is cool, also while it wasn't to obvious I seriously doubt those were our parents telling us to stay away from el dorado in that crystal, the inside of the machine was full of them and old scratch even said some "bad mojo" was going down in that place. yeah its totally believable that in the evil headquarters of a machine armada infused with dark magic the spirits of two pirates would contradict themselves and try to keep you away from the main bad guys goal the told you to go towards before. makes perfect sense.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What if the spirit that was in Kane (there is a spirit that comes out with his mind when it is taken by the grand design) is our father? What if the machine itself (which was also run by a spirit is "our mother?") and the evil spirit which possessed Queen is the real enemy?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
What if the spirit that was in Kane (there is a spirit that comes out with his mind when it is taken by the grand design) is our father? What if the machine itself (which was also run by a spirit is "our mother?") and the evil spirit which possessed Queen is the real enemy?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
This is impossible simply because of the time line: Kane rises to power during the Napoleguinic War. Our father ( as mentioned in Lucky Jack's Rogues Gallery ) spent time as a prisoner in a Polarian Prison.
The Machine was a construct of Kane's - as is Queen.
Our parents were most probably dead before the construction of the Great Machine, Therefore our mother's spirit can't be "possessing" the Machine.
What evil spirit? Queen is evil because Kane built her.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
This is impossible simply because of the time line: Kane rises to power during the Napoleguinic War. Our father ( as mentioned in Lucky Jack's Rogues Gallery ) spent time as a prisoner in a Polarian Prison.
The Machine was a construct of Kane's - as is Queen.
Our parents were most probably dead before the construction of the Great Machine, Therefore our mother's spirit can't be "possessing" the Machine.
What evil spirit? Queen is evil because Kane built her.
But a spirit is also pulled from his head after the fight. Queen dies differently than the others with the black mist. There was something "other world" about her? She's full of black fog unless Kane installed it as a function of her performing that skill someday.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
But a spirit is also pulled from his head after the fight. Queen dies differently than the others with the black mist. There was something "other world" about her? She's full of black fog unless Kane installed it as a function of her performing that skill someday.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
A couple of extra "sparks" are pulled from his body and join the Golden Mind, we don't really know what they are or whether KI writers & animators wished to give a "hint" that something more is involved.
That KI animators ( with instructions ) chose to give Queen a different "death" animation doesn't mean that she is possessed by an evil spirit, to me, it resembles the "black powder" from a magic fizzle. As we know, she isn't dead.
I had hoped with the revelations from Gazpachio that such theories as "Kane is our father/Queen is our mother" were no longer viable.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Yes, I agree with Esperanza here -- Gazpaccio thinks that he made Kane evil through his desire to have revenge, but really, Gazpaccio is a rather innocent person, and his intended revenge more petty than truly wicked (hardly the Count of Monte Cristo here). He, I think, is a truly good person, who looks back on his shortcomings and deeply repents them. Could be why there is that hint of grace in Kane, as well, since it was Gazpaccio who made him.

Blind Mew has said frankly that there is a good reason why Kane was a 'bad egg' from the start. As Gazpaccio relates his experience with Marco Pollo and the attack of the Mechanical Guardian from El Dorado, I did not get 'good vibes' from that deadly Machine, myself. I could see the rationale for having Guardians set in place to defend El Dorado with lethal force against robbers and plunderers (just like the Talos did in Classical Greek myth). (Not the best way to deal with strangers, for sure, but it does happen in many an adventure tale) But to continue to attack and slaughter after the intruders are plainly frightened off -- which the Mechanical Guardian does, jumping onto Pollo's ship. That to me, smacks of excessively brutal behavior -- and from that mechanical creature comes the Golden Mind and the Golden Heart.

In truth, I had bad feelings about that Golden Heart. I had darkly imagined Kane wanting that Golden Heart, to become whole, and gain the powers possessed by the Heart of that not-at-all-nice Guardian. What my fevered imagination anticipated was for Kane to offer a token resistance, to allow Gazpaccio to 'fix' him, giving him what he really wanted this whole time -- and then of course, to heartlessly (ironic) murder the gentle old man (I'm afraid I suspected he would be the first to fall before Kane) and of course close the trap around our young pirate and companions.

I was quite surprised really, that Kane chose to destroy the Heart! Maybe, he had doubts about it and did not want to take the chance?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I agree with Esperanza here -- Gazpaccio thinks that he made Kane evil through his desire to have revenge, but really, Gazpaccio is a rather innocent person, and his intended revenge more petty than truly wicked (hardly the Count of Monte Cristo here). He, I think, is a truly good person, who looks back on his shortcomings and deeply repents them. Could be why there is that hint of grace in Kane, as well, since it was Gazpaccio who made him.

Blind Mew has said frankly that there is a good reason why Kane was a 'bad egg' from the start. As Gazpaccio relates his experience with Marco Pollo and the attack of the Mechanical Guardian from El Dorado, I did not get 'good vibes' from that deadly Machine, myself. I could see the rationale for having Guardians set in place to defend El Dorado with lethal force against robbers and plunderers (just like the Talos did in Classical Greek myth). (Not the best way to deal with strangers, for sure, but it does happen in many an adventure tale) But to continue to attack and slaughter after the intruders are plainly frightened off -- which the Mechanical Guardian does, jumping onto Pollo's ship. That to me, smacks of excessively brutal behavior -- and from that mechanical creature comes the Golden Mind and the Golden Heart.

In truth, I had bad feelings about that Golden Heart. I had darkly imagined Kane wanting that Golden Heart, to become whole, and gain the powers possessed by the Heart of that not-at-all-nice Guardian. What my fevered imagination anticipated was for Kane to offer a token resistance, to allow Gazpaccio to 'fix' him, giving him what he really wanted this whole time -- and then of course, to heartlessly (ironic) murder the gentle old man (I'm afraid I suspected he would be the first to fall before Kane) and of course close the trap around our young pirate and companions.

I was quite surprised really, that Kane chose to destroy the Heart! Maybe, he had doubts about it and did not want to take the chance?
Yes, if you look at from a mechanical logic point of view, emotions would have made him even more "imperfect"

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Did some in real life problems transfer into the game?! O. O

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Yes, if you look at from a mechanical logic point of view, emotions would have made him even more "imperfect"
A heart only works perfectly when it is imperfect.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
A heart only works perfectly when it is imperfect.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
That wouldn't be Kane's view point.