Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 Olympics

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015

Ahoy!

As the title said, I think a great addition would be a Pirate101 Olympics! Think about it: The main event could be PVP. I am still working out other events, but could this be an addition in the near or far future? Thank you

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
And unlike the real olympics which happen every 4 years, we could have one that happens every year, or better yet, one year could be Summer Olympics, then the next year, around Christmas time, it would be Winter Olympics!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Themagerhonor on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:

Ahoy!

As the title said, I think a great addition would be a Pirate101 Olympics! Think about it: The main event could be PVP. I am still working out other events, but could this be an addition in the near or far future? Thank you
It's a pretty cool idea and I think it would be a cool addition to the game. I love watching the Olympics so it would be cool if our Pirates could participate in some variation of it. I agree with you that PVP should be main event but finding other events might be kinda hard. Maybe we could do something involving ships or pets or something like that. Other than that I don't know, but it would be interesting to see what Kingsisle comes up with.

Administrator
The International Olympic Committee is pretty firm about the use of the term "Olympics," so we'd need to be a bit creative to pursue something like this . . . if only there was a floating island somewhere in Pirate101 where there was a race track and sparring events.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
I forgot about that Jack, but we could do a variation of it.
Other events could be mount races, pet sparring, companion battles, etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Themagerhonor on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
I forgot about that Jack, but we could do a variation of it.
Other events could be mount races, pet sparring, companion battles, etc.
There is pet sparring available; practice or PVP ( pet vs. pet ) Mount races would be useless, they all have speeds which vary from slow ( Sloth ) normal ( ex. Corrupted Ki-rin ) fast or very fast. Everyone would use the very fast mount and then everyone would be going the same speed.
If you want a companion battle, why not get a few friends together and do it in the Spar Chamber? Just don't make any actions with your captain and unequip your pet. Let the companions fight each other.

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
There is pet sparring available; practice or PVP ( pet vs. pet ) Mount races would be useless, they all have speeds which vary from slow ( Sloth ) normal ( ex. Corrupted Ki-rin ) fast or very fast. Everyone would use the very fast mount and then everyone would be going the same speed.
If you want a companion battle, why not get a few friends together and do it in the Spar Chamber? Just don't make any actions with your captain and unequip your pet. Let the companions fight each other.
Yes you are right on the mount races. What I have also thought is that we could get a team of maybe five of each class, and do stuff like they did in the Olympics. Frankly it would be a much scaled down version, like our swimming would be just racing in water.

BTW, did you all see how beautiful the closing ceremony was? I have never seen anything like it!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Themagerhonor on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Yes you are right on the mount races. What I have also thought is that we could get a team of maybe five of each class, and do stuff like they did in the Olympics. Frankly it would be a much scaled down version, like our swimming would be just racing in water.

BTW, did you all see how beautiful the closing ceremony was? I have never seen anything like it!
Yeah the closing ceremony was pretty amazing, as was the rest of the Olympics. Unfortunately, One-Eyed Jack is probably right I mean it doesn't mean we can't do a variation of it but It'll probably be a while. It's still a cool idea though and one day we just might see a Pirate101 Olympics! (or something resembling it)