Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Armada Companion from the pack is best?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Ahoy mateys!

So which companion from the Ashes of the Armada pack is best? I looked all of them up on the Pirate101 Wiki but only the Battle Angel and Dragoon had their stats shown (which was level 70). Out of those 2, it was the Dragoon that won. But I am wondering now then, is the Dragoon, Marine, or Musketeer very best? I am interested in buying crowns and I am curious which one I should aim for or want to get. Thank you for all of your answers,
- Darling Brittany Neels

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
It's hard to say, it depends on how you train your companion. In my opinion it would be the dragoon, but that one is just my favorite. For a while my angel was the only one and sometimes when it hit, the angel would kill the first round. The dragoon is big and tough, but it doesn't have any riposte, relentless helps it out though. The musketeer can technically kill moo if it gets a good chain going. However, my marine is hopeless, it cannot start any chains, it learns barely any good epics, it is the only armada companion that cannot learn any form of relentless or burst fire, and since it can only learn blade storm for a chance of a chain, that would be totally out of the equation. Also, the best companion for you would probably be the one corresponding with your class (Probably dragoon for privy)(Probably Musketeer for witch) as you can buff them with agility, strength, etc. Similarly, Old Scratch is best used along beside them, because if you look at their haywire strikes, you will notice that the haywire strike, shot, surge of technomancy, all use . Anyway, that is my interpretation of looking for the best armada companion for your character.

-Merciful Cole Mitchell

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
THELIGHTNINGDEMON on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
It's hard to say, it depends on how you train your companion. In my opinion it would be the dragoon, but that one is just my favorite. For a while my angel was the only one and sometimes when it hit, the angel would kill the first round. The dragoon is big and tough, but it doesn't have any riposte, relentless helps it out though. The musketeer can technically kill moo if it gets a good chain going. However, my marine is hopeless, it cannot start any chains, it learns barely any good epics, it is the only armada companion that cannot learn any form of relentless or burst fire, and since it can only learn blade storm for a chance of a chain, that would be totally out of the equation. Also, the best companion for you would probably be the one corresponding with your class (Probably dragoon for privy)(Probably Musketeer for witch) as you can buff them with agility, strength, etc. Similarly, Old Scratch is best used along beside them, because if you look at their haywire strikes, you will notice that the haywire strike, shot, surge of technomancy, all use . Anyway, that is my interpretation of looking for the best armada companion for your character.

-Merciful Cole Mitchell
Okay, that actually helps out a lot. Thanks

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
Glad I Could Help! May the gods of luck smile upon you for the chance that you may acquire a haywire companion!

~Merciful Cole Mitchell