Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Class & General Character Creation Tips

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2009
Hello Everyone!

So I am an avid Wizard101 person and have been doing that for a very long time. I've tried out Pirate101 a little bit and was looking into maybe getting a membership for this game as well. I know that Ice, Balance and Life were my favorite Wizard Schools and I've created a Witchdoctor Class character. I'm thinking of next creating a Privateer, because it's kind of like the Life, but I got to wondering in the Character creation does it matter what I pick as far as the place I grew up and how my parents died? What is the best selection for a Privateer? Do you have any tips overall for Privateers?

Best Wishes to my fellow adventurers in the Spiral!

exp613

Administrator
Hi exp! Good to see you here on these Message Boards. I'm sure our message board posters will jump in with some good advice.

You may want to check the wiki: http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Basic:Creating_a_Character
And also one of our blog posts: https://kingsisleblog.com/2013/06/27/pirate101-tips-picking-your-perfect-pirate/

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
I've been a Privateer Main since before the Tower of Moo Manchu Update was released, so here's some great choices for your starting stats.

How did your parents died?
This lets you choose which companion you'll get later in the game. That companion once went on an adventure with your parents and will be excited to see you.
So I will choose Shipwreck because it'll give you a Privateer that fights much like a Buccaneer. Perfect because he'll also benefit off your Increase Will Buffs, which will also increase his critical chance as well.

Where did ye grow up?
Privateers aren't much of a fighter since they're, in summary, a support class. But they're also the class that can get the most HP in the game. So if you want to focus on staying alive, choose Grizzleheim and your default max HP will be increased by 5% (Which is a lot later in game). However, if you want to focus more on supporting your team, go for Krokotopia and your default spookiness will be increased by 5% as well (Making your heals and shields more powerful).

Overall Tips?
Always increase your Will. More Will means more healing, more healing means a more healthier team. Witchdoctors and Buccaneers are great choices for your secondary class. (Witch Doctor = More Will Based Attacks, Buccaneers = Better Weapons for in case your team are all dead)

Always go Slashy Smashy or Slashy Staffy weapons. These two weapon combinations are a privateer's best friend.

Also, Swashbucklers and Musketeers are gonna be your worst enemies due to Privateers lacking in the Agility Department, and later most enemies will likely try to kill you first. (Thanks a lot Noise ) So play safe, you are the most important Class to keep alive among every other.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
exp613 on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

So I am an avid Wizard101 person and have been doing that for a very long time. I've tried out Pirate101 a little bit and was looking into maybe getting a membership for this game as well. I know that Ice, Balance and Life were my favorite Wizard Schools and I've created a Witchdoctor Class character. I'm thinking of next creating a Privateer, because it's kind of like the Life, but I got to wondering in the Character creation does it matter what I pick as far as the place I grew up and how my parents died? What is the best selection for a Privateer? Do you have any tips overall for Privateers?

Best Wishes to my fellow adventurers in the Spiral!

exp613
For Privateer growing up I did damage, but really the witchdoctor talent can help w/ the heals, and the bombs, any of the 5 except the accuracy is really decent for a privateer
Also, I am thrilled to see a witchdoctor class and though incase you didn't know that using Mormo, Scratch, and the shark witchdoctor you get when you start the game is a great starting set to use as a witchdoctor and I believe gets better w/ Scratch's promotion and his buffs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Joseph K on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
I've been a Privateer Main since before the Tower of Moo Manchu Update was released, so here's some great choices for your starting stats.

How did your parents died?
This lets you choose which companion you'll get later in the game. That companion once went on an adventure with your parents and will be excited to see you.
So I will choose Shipwreck because it'll give you a Privateer that fights much like a Buccaneer. Perfect because he'll also benefit off your Increase Will Buffs, which will also increase his critical chance as well.

Where did ye grow up?
Privateers aren't much of a fighter since they're, in summary, a support class. But they're also the class that can get the most HP in the game. So if you want to focus on staying alive, choose Grizzleheim and your default max HP will be increased by 5% (Which is a lot later in game). However, if you want to focus more on supporting your team, go for Krokotopia and your default spookiness will be increased by 5% as well (Making your heals and shields more powerful).

Overall Tips?
Always increase your Will. More Will means more healing, more healing means a more healthier team. Witchdoctors and Buccaneers are great choices for your secondary class. (Witch Doctor = More Will Based Attacks, Buccaneers = Better Weapons for in case your team are all dead)

Always go Slashy Smashy or Slashy Staffy weapons. These two weapon combinations are a privateer's best friend.

Also, Swashbucklers and Musketeers are gonna be your worst enemies due to Privateers lacking in the Agility Department, and later most enemies will likely try to kill you first. (Thanks a lot Noise ) So play safe, you are the most important Class to keep alive among every other.
This is one of the best analysis of the Privateer class I've read.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
This is one of the best analysis of the Privateer class I've read.
Haha, Thanks!

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Every person plays the game a bit differently. For example, I as a Swashbuckler train in Musketeer as well and that changes my game-play versus a Swashbuckler who trains in Privateer. As a Privateer, you gain a lot of companions and the ability to heal your team, meaning you can change your game quickly and protect your companions as they fight for you, at least that's how I play on my Privateer.

The starting questions help choose a few of your companions and increase basic stats. For example, choosing to be raised in Grizzleheim versus Skull Island gives your character added roughness (more damage) versus added dodge. Also, the way that your parents were killed changes a few of your basic companions. Again, the paths you choose could cause different types of gameplay. For example, you might want to be a dodgy Privateer, avoiding as many shots as possible in order to stay alive in the game longer. Or, you might want mojo mastery in order to use your powers of healing more potently.

Pirate101 versus Wizard101 is a bit more customizable. Have fun exploring your character, and I wish you all the best

1AthenaGirl1