Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Size: They're Kinda Big...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
As an experienced player and pet hatcher, I've always felt uncomfortable with how large a pet becomes past a certain level. Many of my pets, levels 65-70, are very tall/big compared to my character. Personally, I like some of my pets to be very small (A cuteness factor). For example, My Ostrich in a Pear Tree pets are taller and wider than me at level 70, making the cute bird look a bit like a mutant.

Changes that might benefit my own views and or others:

1.) Allow the player to choose whether or not they want their pets to GROW as they level up. This setting would be found in the advanced game play setting, and can be turned on or off.

2.) Allow the option to selectively choose which pets grow and which pets stay their smallest size. Let's say you had a cute shark pet and you liked it that way..... then it becomes level 70 and it's practically a mount. You can choose to keep this selected pet small.

3.) Tone down the sizes of pets all together so pets don't look like mounts that happen to just follow you around.

To those people who suggest this would impact them in whatever way or drastically undermine Kingsisle, listen up! Pets are so diverse and unique, especially in Pirate101. Letting players choose how large their pets become should be allowed. Even though they are LEVELING up, in Wizard101, pets stay small and not half-sized mounts. So why can't pets be small in Pirate101? Why should our pets grow gigantic?

Thank You for Reading

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I'm completely fine with it so long as it's something that is entirely optional - as I personally prefer seeing my pets grow, it makes it easier to tell them apart by age and it actually looks like they're growing up which adds to the immersion for me :)

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
coconut pirate on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
As an experienced player and pet hatcher, I've always felt uncomfortable with how large a pet becomes past a certain level. Many of my pets, levels 65-70, are very tall/big compared to my character. Personally, I like some of my pets to be very small (A cuteness factor). For example, My Ostrich in a Pear Tree pets are taller and wider than me at level 70, making the cute bird look a bit like a mutant.

Changes that might benefit my own views and or others:

1.) Allow the player to choose whether or not they want their pets to GROW as they level up. This setting would be found in the advanced game play setting, and can be turned on or off.

2.) Allow the option to selectively choose which pets grow and which pets stay their smallest size. Let's say you had a cute shark pet and you liked it that way..... then it becomes level 70 and it's practically a mount. You can choose to keep this selected pet small.

3.) Tone down the sizes of pets all together so pets don't look like mounts that happen to just follow you around.

To those people who suggest this would impact them in whatever way or drastically undermine Kingsisle, listen up! Pets are so diverse and unique, especially in Pirate101. Letting players choose how large their pets become should be allowed. Even though they are LEVELING up, in Wizard101, pets stay small and not half-sized mounts. So why can't pets be small in Pirate101? Why should our pets grow gigantic?

Thank You for Reading
IMO, I really don't see it as a huge problem. After all, considering the fact that our pets don't just follow us around and actually participate in combat alongside us, I would prefer my pets to look a little bigger. You know to look a little more... how to put it threatening. I would be all for an option to choose whether or not your pets grow in size but I wouldn't want KI to make it affect all pets.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I love seeing my pets grow so much. It is something I can boast about to my wizards although they pretend they love the cuteness factor of their pets I still catch my wizzy Chrissys looking out of the corner of their eyes with awe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
I love seeing my pets grow so much. It is something I can boast about to my wizards although they pretend they love the cuteness factor of their pets I still catch my wizzy Chrissys looking out of the corner of their eyes with awe.
Who wouldn't want a Bulrog nearly as tall as you? Or a Bunnicorn big enough to ride!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I do like that the pets grow as they level up, but I can see the point that some of them seem just a little too large. It doesn't seem worth any sort of reprogramming at this point, though.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
Marleybone073 on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
IMO, I really don't see it as a huge problem. After all, considering the fact that our pets don't just follow us around and actually participate in combat alongside us, I would prefer my pets to look a little bigger. You know to look a little more... how to put it threatening. I would be all for an option to choose whether or not your pets grow in size but I wouldn't want KI to make it affect all pets.
I agree with you Marlybone073, I like that my coral widow (who's 3 years old now) is growing and gives off a good fear factor. When in pvp, When the opponent see's how big your pet is, they'll start to lose confidence that they'll win and you will have a better chance of winning because the other person has lost some of their hope. But to go with the topic, I guess that their should be an option to chose whether you want your pet to grow or not. I've seen people with enormous pets' following them that are almost the size of a mount, or bigger than your pirate themselves.

But growth of you pet might make you happy when you're down, or make you feel accomplished after you raised your pet. But for those who want their pet to be status quo, I won't judge you.

Hardy Portia Zest lvl 68 (completed the game) ( I love my coral widow from when I got him many years back and I still love him. P.S My coral widow is named Lord Maximus)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I sort of miss the growing factor when I train up my pets in Wizard. In Pirate, I can readily tell which of my free-ranging pets have had training and which have not, since they are different sizes.