Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Goronado (The Companion, NOT the boss)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 17, 2013
Ok, Now that I have talked about the Boss counter-part, I feel it's only fair to discuss his more favorable side, when KingsIsle's Answer to "Hulk" fights FOR you rather than AGAINST you. First off, let's review HOW to unlock him.(Keep in mind, unlike W101, completing these quests, achievements, badges, etc... DOESN'T GIVE YOU the reward item, but rather UNLOCKS IT FOR PURCHASE IN THE CROWN SHOP. His requirement is to defeat him 25 times as a prerequisite. Which leaves you with a few options to choose from. A. Wait for a friend to help you who IS a high level as to not just INCREASE the difficulty by spawning more monquistans (Which I remind you AREN'T the only mobs you fight as Gortez spawns in a few with him. B. Waste MUCH time soloing it as a lower level. Ok, I realize this isn't to hard but definitely is time consuming and you would think after nearly two dozen fights you would have at least one piece of his no auction/good gear (On 3 different characters with one recall per fight with the badge I still don't have one good drop that provides either talent or power which is in essence the definition of "No Auction Gear" but as I said before, to no avail. C. Wait MORE to be high enough a level to solo him to the point of one-shotting him.(I also thought of the idea of calling in for help but most the time no one will be on or willing and most people are maxed or playing on their max farming 2 hour dungeons so it still nullifies the point). This means REGUARDLESS of which route you end up choosing, the answer is always wait. Now once you get that done (Keep in mind most people would procrastinate in such a long task which I can totally harmonize with.) But there is also the fact that ONLY UNLOCKS HIM meaning you still have to BUY him with crown, meaning you can either waste MUCH MORE TIME on videos/quizzes or pay REAL MONEY to obtain him. We know that 2 purchases of $5 worth or 1 purchase of $10 worth crowns both get you 5,000 Crowns. And EVEN THAT isn't enough to buy EVEN THE WEAKEST (I call them Clone-Companions) as they are often clones of either your companion after fin or starter companion.) Which cost 5,995 crowns, Goronado costs wait for it...... 7,495 crowns and is ONLY good in Buck since other classes have better companions to use. This means that not only did we spend all that time farming the badge, we also have to spend OUR MONEY buying him. ($10 isn't enough meaning we need $15 worth) and EVEN THEN he is only going to leave you with a HARROWING 5 CROWNS LEFT AND he is only good in Buck. Just thought I should let you all know that this NEEDS to change because this also affects PVP catering to those who can pay-to-play (Plus the money to access the full game & get free PVP) as people who can't get him are stuck with Peter, Barney and Kobe as their main since they CERTAINLY can't pay around ANOTHER $20 worth for just a CHANCE at getting Baar, meaning with all that best pray you have a job. and that's INCLUDING the time maxing the buck

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Godofshadowshot on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Ok, Now that I have talked about the Boss counter-part, I feel it's only fair to discuss his more favorable side, when KingsIsle's Answer to "Hulk" fights FOR you rather than AGAINST you. First off, let's review HOW to unlock him.(Keep in mind, unlike W101, completing these quests, achievements, badges, etc... DOESN'T GIVE YOU the reward item, but rather UNLOCKS IT FOR PURCHASE IN THE CROWN SHOP. His requirement is to defeat him 25 times as a prerequisite. Which leaves you with a few options to choose from. A. Wait for a friend to help you who IS a high level as to not just INCREASE the difficulty by spawning more monquistans (Which I remind you AREN'T the only mobs you fight as Gortez spawns in a few with him. B. Waste MUCH time soloing it as a lower level. Ok, I realize this isn't to hard but definitely is time consuming and you would think after nearly two dozen fights you would have at least one piece of his no auction/good gear (On 3 different characters with one recall per fight with the badge I still don't have one good drop that provides either talent or power which is in essence the definition of "No Auction Gear" but as I said before, to no avail. C. Wait MORE to be high enough a level to solo him to the point of one-shotting him.(I also thought of the idea of calling in for help but most the time no one will be on or willing and most people are maxed or playing on their max farming 2 hour dungeons so it still nullifies the point). This means REGUARDLESS of which route you end up choosing, the answer is always wait. Now once you get that done (Keep in mind most people would procrastinate in such a long task which I can totally harmonize with.) But there is also the fact that ONLY UNLOCKS HIM meaning you still have to BUY him with crown, meaning you can either waste MUCH MORE TIME on videos/quizzes or pay REAL MONEY to obtain him. We know that 2 purchases of $5 worth or 1 purchase of $10 worth crowns both get you 5,000 Crowns. And EVEN THAT isn't enough to buy EVEN THE WEAKEST (I call them Clone-Companions) as they are often clones of either your companion after fin or starter companion.) Which cost 5,995 crowns, Goronado costs wait for it...... 7,495 crowns and is ONLY good in Buck since other classes have better companions to use. This means that not only did we spend all that time farming the badge, we also have to spend OUR MONEY buying him. ($10 isn't enough meaning we need $15 worth) and EVEN THEN he is only going to leave you with a HARROWING 5 CROWNS LEFT AND he is only good in Buck. Just thought I should let you all know that this NEEDS to change because this also affects PVP catering to those who can pay-to-play (Plus the money to access the full game & get free PVP) as people who can't get him are stuck with Peter, Barney and Kobe as their main since they CERTAINLY can't pay around ANOTHER $20 worth for just a CHANCE at getting Baar, meaning with all that best pray you have a job. and that's INCLUDING the time maxing the buck
Gee, what a rant. Crown Shop, Pack & Bundle companions are one of the ways that KI makes it's revenue that goes into producing this game. Powerful companions like Goronado are going to be more expensive because of what they offer.
Your PVP complaint isn't valid as there are ways to beat Goro even with the companions you're stuck with.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Patience. This is a game, meant to take time... If everything were easy to get, who would spend any time in it at all.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Gee, what a rant. Crown Shop, Pack & Bundle companions are one of the ways that KI makes it's revenue that goes into producing this game. Powerful companions like Goronado are going to be more expensive because of what they offer.
Your PVP complaint isn't valid as there are ways to beat Goro even with the companions you're stuck with.
Hi there!

Firstly, I would like to address that this ISN'T intended as a rant, nor is it to be taken as one, this is a simple post that I have been wanting to make for a pretty good while now, and thought that it would be a good time to post thoughts on certain situations within the game so that they might improve onto it. Furthermore, I do realize, and fully accept, that this is how they make revenue, but I believe that considering we pay for a membership (Mostly annually as to avoid headache of re-purchasing it or not having to bother thinking about it in the first place) I was simply sharing my thought on the best place possible since the support team can never seem to give me a direct answer and did a rather good job channeling anger throughout the course of my thoughts on this matter along with others because nothing or nobody is perfect and we as a race must learn to take things on the chin rather than keep negativity in our minds thus ruining our lives. I also would like to state that this was a style of writing I choose from a very young age as I see it more convenient to make one big post rather than multiple small posts and make it easier for others here to quote me because they can't quote multiple posts (Or at least to my knowledge) Finally, I am a HUGE fan of Yu-Gio-Oh and have always listened to Yugi say that 'Every card has a weakness, you just have to pay attention and notice it" or in laymen's terms I realize every companion has a blessing accompanying their curse, I just wish to look at each individual piece of which makes the puzzle. Thanks.
-Godofshadowshot

LV.70
LV.29
LV.10
LV.4

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I agree with you(I forgot your name but you're the person that made this post). I would like to point out that goro is good for all classes, and is one of the top companions in the game though. It would be nice if he was less than 7465 because that is just a little expensive.

sneaky David Percy (lvl 70 )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you(I forgot your name but you're the person that made this post). I would like to point out that goro is good for all classes, and is one of the top companions in the game though. It would be nice if he was less than 7465 because that is just a little expensive.

sneaky David Percy (lvl 70 )
It's because he offers so much that he's more expensive than any other companion.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
He is merely a companion, and even though he is better than the other companions the high price is unnecessary, and in my opinion some of the other lower level companions are better than him, such as temujin