Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ridolfo Capoferro- A good companion?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Ahoy!

I was looking up information on this guy, and I found out that he has three promotions. He also has a pretty good selection of epics (Starts with epic strike and riposte, can get blade storm, first strike, riposte, relentless, and repel borders). He also has alert which would make him good on deck-side combat and PVP against musketeers. Thoughts?

Morgrim Ashburn

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PiratePablo1 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy!

I was looking up information on this guy, and I found out that he has three promotions. He also has a pretty good selection of epics (Starts with epic strike and riposte, can get blade storm, first strike, riposte, relentless, and repel borders). He also has alert which would make him good on deck-side combat and PVP against musketeers. Thoughts?

Morgrim Ashburn
Musketeers recruit it him for free, my musket uses him a lot! I like him very much and have even bought him for my main swashbuckler. He's a good, solid companion to have.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I use Ridolfo a lot on my musketeer. He's extremely useful when I want to go a two swashbuckler, one musketeer companion strategy. I basically used him the entire game.

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
He is really good, my questing buddy (a ) has him and his damage is incredible, and we're both level 58. Always does riposte and relentless and critical. I think he has riposite 3 and relentless 2. I'd recommend him for you.

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
PiratePablo1 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy!

Morgrim Ashburn
My main character is a musket, so I recruited Ridolfo in Valencia the first time around. While he may not be in my top five for companions (which is a pretty tough group to get into) I still use him when those "top five" decide they need a break and end up on bed rest. His main limitation is his overall health, definitely need to train the "tough" talent for him for all four ranks. Other than that, I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a swashbuckler to add to their team.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
One of the best side quest companions in the game, I would put him in the top three, here are my reasons why

1. He is a unicorn deulist and you recruit him in such an immersive environment!

2. He has good epics and comes with riposte, being a swashbuckler that is a solid epic to start with and he can train relentless

3. He gets 3 promotions, with each one he adds more flare to his fights and his fashion, and it couples with number 2 as he can then get more epics

4. He comes with a guaranteed hit so make sure you at least give him one rank of Blade Storm to make full use of this

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
One of the best side quest companions in the game, I would put him in the top three, here are my reasons why

1. He is a unicorn deulist and you recruit him in such an immersive environment!

2. He has good epics and comes with riposte, being a swashbuckler that is a solid epic to start with and he can train relentless

3. He gets 3 promotions, with each one he adds more flare to his fights and his fashion, and it couples with number 2 as he can then get more epics

4. He comes with a guaranteed hit so make sure you at least give him one rank of Blade Storm to make full use of this
I just promoted him a 2nd time and he now has Riposte 1, Relent 2 and Blade Storm 2. He does high dmg. and chains fairly often. Thanks for the help!

He is also very nice when pared with Toro.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy! I am Stormy Elijah Silver, max level Swashbuckler here. I bought Ridolfo Capoferro when I was a wee little pirate questing in Sivella. Ridolfo has been my first mate ever since Sivella. I love that companion. He dodges like crazy, spams relentless, and criticals a lot. I recommend Ridolfo for anyone looking for a companion with high dodge, relentless, riposte level 3, and insane damage. He's been my permanent first mate, my questing buddy, and my friend ever since I bought him with crowns. I'll always and forever use Ridolfo.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Yes, he is a solid companion, I have him on my swashbuckler, his damage is solid and he actually has pretty god Armor for a swashbuckler.

I would certainly recommend him!

Fearless Robert Spencer
Brave Robert Spencer

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I separate companions into 4 tiers and it is based on how they perform in both PvE and PvP. I have companions like Chantal, Quint and Bonnie Anne in tier 1 because they consistently out perform the rest of the field. Then you have the tier 2 companions like El-Toro, Egg and Subodai. They are very solid, but aren't always the game changers that the tier one companions can be. I would put Ridolfo in with the tier 3 companions. I use him mostly on my Privy because after I buff him up, he usually does ok. These rankings are based on my own experience and result from the way I build different companions. You may experience different results with different builds and while a few people might include Ridolfo with the tier 2 companions, I don't think anyone would rank him as a top tier companion.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy! I am Stormy Elijah Silver, max level Swashbuckler here. I bought Ridolfo Capoferro when I was a wee little pirate questing in Sivella. Ridolfo has been my first mate ever since Sivella. I love that companion. He dodges like crazy, spams relentless, and criticals a lot. I recommend Ridolfo for anyone looking for a companion with high dodge, relentless, riposte level 3, and insane damage. He's been my permanent first mate, my questing buddy, and my friend ever since I bought him with crowns. I'll always and forever use Ridolfo.
Hey, Elijah, Red India here. Ridolfo is your first mate? Now I know you're crazy lol. Just kidding, but you should at least go in for an evaluation...you know...just to be sure :D

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Hey, Elijah, Red India here. Ridolfo is your first mate? Now I know you're crazy lol. Just kidding, but you should at least go in for an evaluation...you know...just to be sure :D
Yep, if you've ever seen me on my Swashbuckler, Ridolfo Capoferro is my permanent first mate on there. Like everyone else pointed out, he's a solid companion with a really good list of epics to choose from. I can't imagine anyone passing him up, on top of that he promotes 3 times and with each promotion comes one new epic. Based on my experience in Pirate101 (I have been playing since Beta) side quest companions tend to be very underwhelming and most tend to do very poorly (Looking at you Nurse Quinn!) as you progress further into the game. Ridolfo just keeps getting stronger and stronger as the game progresses. I can't imagine any reason why I'd ever dump Ridolfo as my first mate for someone else, even the rare Cat Pirate companion from the Boochbeard Bundle pales in comparison to Ridolfo. (I do have the Cat Pirate and I still recommend Ridolfo over it.) For all you Musketeers out there, go do the quest and recruit Ridolfo asap. For every other class that doesn't get Ridolfo for free, I highly recommend investing crowns in him. He's a solid companion with high damage, high dodge, Relentless, Bladestorm, the works. He's worth every crown I invested to buy him.
Cheers!
-Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
-Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
-Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor-In-Training)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
Yep, if you've ever seen me on my Swashbuckler, Ridolfo Capoferro is my permanent first mate on there. Like everyone else pointed out, he's a solid companion with a really good list of epics to choose from. I can't imagine anyone passing him up, on top of that he promotes 3 times and with each promotion comes one new epic. Based on my experience in Pirate101 (I have been playing since Beta) side quest companions tend to be very underwhelming and most tend to do very poorly (Looking at you Nurse Quinn!) as you progress further into the game. Ridolfo just keeps getting stronger and stronger as the game progresses. I can't imagine any reason why I'd ever dump Ridolfo as my first mate for someone else, even the rare Cat Pirate companion from the Boochbeard Bundle pales in comparison to Ridolfo. (I do have the Cat Pirate and I still recommend Ridolfo over it.) For all you Musketeers out there, go do the quest and recruit Ridolfo asap. For every other class that doesn't get Ridolfo for free, I highly recommend investing crowns in him. He's a solid companion with high damage, high dodge, Relentless, Bladestorm, the works. He's worth every crown I invested to buy him.
Cheers!
-Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
-Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
-Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor-In-Training)
The 'rare cat pirate' is a major disappointment and I see your pirates all the time lol. You're right when you say Ridolfo is solid. In my opinion, though, he is not the game changer a first mate should be.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
The 'rare cat pirate' is a major disappointment and I see your pirates all the time lol. You're right when you say Ridolfo is solid. In my opinion, though, he is not the game changer a first mate should be.
I can see that the disagreement of whether Ridolfo is a "game changer" or not seems to stem from the fact that you're arguing from the perspective of a PVP player ( & nothing wrong with that, I certainly wouldn't use him in a match. ) and Crimsonreaper is arguing from a PVE perspective ( Ridolfo is a very solid and useful companion for many instances, especially in VA2. )
For a musketeer without many melee companions, Ridolfo can keep the heat off those muskets and musket companions.
P.S. I'm sorry to hear that the "Rare Cat Pirate" is losing his reputation in both your eyes. But as I don't have him, I can't argue for or against this position.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
I can see that the disagreement of whether Ridolfo is a "game changer" or not seems to stem from the fact that you're arguing from the perspective of a PVP player ( & nothing wrong with that, I certainly wouldn't use him in a match. ) and Crimsonreaper is arguing from a PVE perspective ( Ridolfo is a very solid and useful companion for many instances, especially in VA2. )
For a musketeer without many melee companions, Ridolfo can keep the heat off those muskets and musket companions.
P.S. I'm sorry to hear that the "Rare Cat Pirate" is losing his reputation in both your eyes. But as I don't have him, I can't argue for or against this position.
The Cat Pirate is super cool and all they would have to do to fix him is give him a couple guaranteed strikes similar to what most companions have. In fact, I can't think of any other companions in the game that have zero guaranteed strikes and/or other useful things. And I agree...Ridolfo has his uses, but I wouldn't rank him in the top tier for PvE either. Would you put him in the same class as Chantal, Bonnie, Egg or Subodai?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
The Cat Pirate is super cool and all they would have to do to fix him is give him a couple guaranteed strikes similar to what most companions have. In fact, I can't think of any other companions in the game that have zero guaranteed strikes and/or other useful things. And I agree...Ridolfo has his uses, but I wouldn't rank him in the top tier for PvE either. Would you put him in the same class as Chantal, Bonnie, Egg or Subodai?
I would certainly class him with Subodai. But not Ratbeard, Fan or Sarah.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I would certainly class him with Subodai. But not Ratbeard, Fan or Sarah.
Cool. The only reason I would rank Subodai a little higher is because of his accuracy debuff, but you have inspired me to train Ridolfo up to max. He is currently at level 28 I think lol. So I'll level him and put him to the test :)