Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you reccomend?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Membership to access all worlds and post messages on the website (like this). Or to get crowns and pay for worlds and chapters 1 by 1.

I have recently been using membership and am currently in Marleybone at level 55.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
If you play P101 a lot it's more cost effective then spending crowns as you can speed through some parts of the game really fast, it all depends on the speed you play

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I always recommend a subscription - because:

1) As you make friends, you can port to them wherever and not hit a paywall.

2) Increased pack space is LOVELY, especially if you have crowns to buy a few packs with.

3) Resetting Companion training for gold - this is very helpful if you want to try out different builds for them as they level up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm glad that KI gives us the option of doing either. Many MMOs require that you get a membership to play/progress in their games.
Membership has some very nice benefits, but when you buy a zone, that zone is yours, a year from now, two years from now, it doesn't matter; meanwhile your membership friends are stuck in SI when their membership runs out.
It's up to you just how you want to spend that money, both options are equally good.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
EucalyptusMilk on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
Membership to access all worlds and post messages on the website (like this). Or to get crowns and pay for worlds and chapters 1 by 1.

I have recently been using membership and am currently in Marleybone at level 55.
If it were me, I would stick with the membership just for the freedom to go where you want, when you want and reserve any crowns you may buy solely for items from the crown shop (or you know, whatever else you want to do with them). Plus, as you already mentioned, you get the right to post on the message boards!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Si Signore! You cannot experience the full awesomeness of the game without a membership.

Veale amico di vela!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
EucalyptusMilk on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:

I feel like it depends on what your schedule looks like. I used to run with a membership but as I got busier with school and other real life responsibilities it seemed like a waste of money so I switched to buying crowns if I felt like questing. A bonus to crowns is the areas you buy with them stay unlocked on your account forever, and it's less of a "race against time" to quest since you don't have a time frame before it runs out. If I had more time to play games I'd definitely go back to a membership since it comes with some nice other goodies too, like increased backpack space, free PvP, companion resets for gold, and a larger friends list.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone073 on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
If it were me, I would stick with the membership just for the freedom to go where you want, when you want and reserve any crowns you may buy solely for items from the crown shop (or you know, whatever else you want to do with them). Plus, as you already mentioned, you get the right to post on the message boards!
You can still post on the boards without a membership if you purchase crowns ( cards or on-line ) as I should know, .

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Marleybone073 on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
A purchase of crowns does unlock access to the message boards for a month, regardless the message boards should be unlocked once you have made a purchase at least once