Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Message Board Question.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
On the Message Boards on a Topic/post, it will show some stats including your profile picture (Default Change), Rank, Posts and Yar's.

I was wondering how do you get a different Rank shown? Or does it depend on how many posts or Yar's you have?

Thank you,

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
EucalyptusMilk on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
On the Message Boards on a Topic/post, it will show some stats including your profile picture (Default Change), Rank, Posts and Yar's.

I was wondering how do you get a different Rank shown? Or does it depend on how many posts or Yar's you have?

Thank you,
great question.. all I know is it depends on ya chattiness, not sure if yars help, or whether posting is different than commenting? I'm terrible at sharing links but there are guides that explain this better as well as asking people like Chrissy the Blesser or Anecrombie(both pirate overlords)might help...

stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012

Thank you,
It depends on posts. Don't quote me on this, but I believe after 50 you get moved to Petty Officer (which I believe I have right now). And then it goes from their all the way to things like Champion and Overlord.
Yars does not effect it but it does say how many yars you have, it just doesn't affect that rank.

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012

Thank you,
Your rank depends on the total amount of posts you have. I think it goes by 50s, once you hit 50 posts you'll earn the rank of "petty officer" then at 100 you'll get "lieutenant" (like mine) and so on, and so one.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ranks are earnt via milestones of how many posts you have posted

You may notice during your next milestone your rank has been promoted...

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
I actually tried nailing down when a new rank is earned a few months ago. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but I can post my findings and see if we can fix it together? Or maybe even One-Eyed Jack can help us correct it. ;)

But yes, rank is based on how many times a user posts. Yars don't affect it at all.

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
I really appreciate the help and answers to my outgoing question.

Thank you,
EucalyptusMilk

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
EucalyptusMilk on Feb 1, 2017 wrote:
I really appreciate the help and answers to my outgoing question.

Thank you,
EucalyptusMilk
No problem!

Here's a link to the Message Board rank information I compiled: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/guide-to-message-board-ranks-8ad6a42459f8f2420159faf3438414e2?page=1

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
love how our rank/titles change to "Lovely" xD titles during the friendship festival :3

stormy jen silver