Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

your new zone is too hard.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 09, 2013
i came back to the game after 2 years, thinking how much i enjoy this game. i love the game play and the story lines, you've done very well with those. i just can't see why the mobs have to hit so hard that they 1 or 2 shot my entire crew. is there some point to making it that hard? it's pretty sad when even the fish hit harder then me and my crew.

the first thing someone is going to say is try different crew members and tactics or join a group. i don't use one set of crew members for all fights. as for groups, why should i need to have someone else play my game.

you want to bring more people to this game then take a look at how hard it is. people don't like to fail. i really love this game and would love to see it do well. good luck.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
makua998 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
i came back to the game after 2 years, thinking how much i enjoy this game. i love the game play and the story lines, you've done very well with those. i just can't see why the mobs have to hit so hard that they 1 or 2 shot my entire crew. is there some point to making it that hard? it's pretty sad when even the fish hit harder then me and my crew.

the first thing someone is going to say is try different crew members and tactics or join a group. i don't use one set of crew members for all fights. as for groups, why should i need to have someone else play my game.

you want to bring more people to this game then take a look at how hard it is. people don't like to fail. i really love this game and would love to see it do well. good luck.
This is all old news to us who have gone through VA2 last year.( I assume that's the world you're complaining about. )
Yes, it's harder, just as every world you have progressed through got harder and harder.
I found out in VA2 that getting a few levels more before attempting the main storyline was a necessity. VA2 isn't like a big, slow world that allows you to just do the main quests and succeed - you actually need those side quests and your companions need more levels for that world and it's enemies.
You also need good gear ( not super gear ) but at least some pieces of Moo Tower gear.
Swashbucklers are now facing enemies with FS3 ( which removes Hides ).
Bucks have to be ready for Vicious Charge and Vengeance Strikes3 as well as Turn the Tide.
You WILL need others for the Great Machine.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Like those Bumbaloons or Sky Snakes. And on higher level zones you got to be careful with Buccaneer NPCs, especially if your companion is close ranged/Melee, they hit you with epic after epic.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

hi and welcome to the boards!

very sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'd just like to say please be willing to try again? I'll admit my swashbuckler got defeated once, my buccaneer twice xD my witch hasnt finished Aquila, my choice for her is to save xp and do every single quest in the game :3 so when kiosk comes she can be useful for more than just helping in main quest line dungeons.. that said, she has already ported to help many in florenza and seems a bit easier for her.. not sure what class you were using but many would love to help ya(yes i'm a stubborn soloist too) as well as there are a few guides out there that might be useful.. florenza was made to defeat heavy chain artists imo, was supposed to feel challenging and not brutal.. again I sypathesize with your problems, lets hope it wa just a bad day, hmm?

good luck and dont be afraid to ask for help, hugs and cookies

stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

Even after no-years break, people found this content a wake-up. Every single one of us had to learn what you are learning. New defensive strategies, new ways to re-train some crewmembers, and yes, that sometimes you are just going to need help.

We all want to see the game do well, but many players wanted more challenge, and this new content certainly addressed that.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014

First of all, how about this angle; when was the last time you leveled up your companions? If you haven't leveled them up in a while, then that might play a role in why you're having a hard time in the game. You should have your companions no lower than two levels below you until you can afford to get more companion points to bring them up to your current level. Additionally, make sure you build your companions wisely according to their class.

Secondly, as Anecorbie has pointed out, do those side quests. You may think that those side quests aren't necessary, but they do give you a great boost when you need additional exp (to level up of course), companion points, gold and nautical exp. Moreover, good gear helps too, especially gear with bonus powers and talents that's beneficial to you and your class.

Lastly, swallow your pride and ask for help. No one likes to fail yes, but it happens from time to time and it doesn't hurt to ask for a helping hand sometimes. Trust me, when you get to face Kane, you WILL be asking for help and that's okay. It won't make you a weak player just because you need help at times.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you in the game.

Slick Tabitha Silver - Level 70 Musketeer
Witty Hazel Jackson - Level 70 Swashbuckler
Crazy Grace Kidd - Level 70 Buccaneer

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Valencia is a hard world. It's challenging and requires that you use everything you have learned so far and even try new things. And thankfully, it has not been nerfed. Valencia changed me. I wasn't a simple charge in and attack strategy, it required planning and thinking about every moved I made. It made me a much better player and taught me a lot of things about the game itself.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I've found that most of the people complaining are bucks and swashies, have no idea if your one of those classes, but from my preference, people with a defensive strategy still easily do these battles.
The good old frozen tide + blood flames is a 2 round victory for almost every battle here, one of the cheapest ways for people to win, but all you need is scratch and you can do this fairly easily (I saw 2 people solo kane with a combo like that, a privateer and a witchdoctor)
this new zone has made people think defensively, and I like that.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
XD, I really need to do Moo Manchu. I'm in Valencia part two also and I still haven't done a single run of Moo, I've just been lazy and haven't finished the quest to get access to the tower XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amber hawksong on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
XD, I really need to do Moo Manchu. I'm in Valencia part two also and I still haven't done a single run of Moo, I've just been lazy and haven't finished the quest to get access to the tower XD
A few pieces of Moo Tower gear ( especially those that grant a heal ) is almost essential for VA2.
As to Bucks and Swashes solely being the ones to complain - that may be so, but I've seen complaints from Witches and Privs as well.
The fact is, if you've just been throwing on one shield and charging into battle or using Black Fog, VA2 is a wake up call to change up your strategy. Most classes must now think defensively as well as offensively. Privys have done this throughout the game, this is what their class is made for. To a certain extent WDs have done this as well.
I had the easiest time in VA2 with my musketeer.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I discovered a long time back to never to continue play when you hit an experience cap. Just leave the player right where they are. After several years of play here are my strategies:

1) Do all side quests first, UNLESS you lose a battle, then do the story quest if you have to to get to the next level and try that side quest again. Doing this will give you your pirate an advantage in main story line by keeping him a level or two or three ahead of the enemies you are facing.

2) When you go up a level, suspend play until all of your companions are the same level as your pirate. Yes, this will take a week or two, but you have six pirates. Plan it right, and one of them will always be playable.

3) Every 5 levels (5,10,15...) go to the bazaar and get the best equipment possible for your pirate. Save up your gold for this. Get better boats only when you get sunk repeatedly (Yes, let the other ship board you. DON'T avoid being boarded. Your crew will be better than theirs by a LONG shot)

You do this, you will hit level 70 right after you defeat the minotaur, LONG before you get to V2.

And, BTW, it can be worth it to delete your level 70 pirate that is struggling in V2 and start over. It will give you a better feel for combat, and stretch out playability for another year.