Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Gear :)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
I'm wondering what the best gear for swashbuckler at level 65 and level 70. Gear including Hat, Outfit, Boots, Weapon, Patch, Totem, Charm, and Ring. have absolutely no clue because my swashbuckler feels very weak compared to my other characters. Please use the following format when commenting:

Hat:

Outfit:

Boots:

Weapon:

Patch:

Totem:

Charm:

Ring:

-Thank you for your assistance!

~Charlie Level 65 Swashbuckler

Community Leader
Rookie095 on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
I'm wondering what the best gear for swashbuckler at level 65 and level 70. Gear including Hat, Outfit, Boots, Weapon, Patch, Totem, Charm, and Ring. have absolutely no clue because my swashbuckler feels very weak compared to my other characters. Please use the following format when commenting:

Hat:

Outfit:

Boots:

Weapon:

Patch:

Totem:

Charm:

Ring:

Hat: Tantojutsu Headband (Gives a Valor's Fortress)

Outfit: Shaolinquan Vestment (Gives a Revive), can be replaced with the bazaar Revive robe

Boots: Shoes of Faunus (Gives another Fortress)

Weapon: Haywire Royal Poignard, Haywire Armada Blade, Haywire Fencer Set (Blade gives a Haywire shot and strike. The other 2 give two haywire strikes)

Patch: Asclepius Talisman (Gives a Fortress)

Totem: Ornament of Moo Manchu (Gives Walk in Darkness and Assassin's Strike,The level 55 and 60 versions work equally well)

Charm: Sprocket Key (Gives Purge Magic), Bazaar Revive charm

Ring: Brain Thief Circle (Gives Assassin's Gloom, Walk in Darkness)

Pet: Something that grants Relentless, Elusive, and Rally is a necessity. Grants Turn the Tide and Kraken's Lament are also good.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Rookie095 on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:

Hat:

Outfit:

Boots:

Weapon:

Patch:

Totem:

Charm:

Ring:

Basically, you will need shields and heals for your glass canon Buckler. I would recommend using Valor's Fortress or Valor's Armor. I would pass on Leviathans Call because they can't be used on your crew like Valor's can. Get a Revive for healing. The Haywire weapons are cool, but not as good as other weapons that add another rank of useful talents like Riposte, First Strike and Relentless etc. You will notice that once you reach the third rank of any given talent, good things start to happen. Like I said, though, gear isn't always the answer. Some people play Bucklers like a Buck and that's a big mistake. Don't use your hidden strictly as a damage buff. Hidden allows you to get close and set your team up for a surgical strike. I always try to use an Assassin's Shroud, Gloom or Mist before striking from hidden. Also, get a good class pet. Pets can add ranks to talents and can also open up a gear slot for something else that allows for a more varied strategy. Anyway, I have what I think is one of the best Bucklers in the game and here is the gear I use:

Hat: Gambler's Stetson (Valor's Armor/ Added Agility and Armor)

Outfit: White Heron Raiment (Vicious Charge /Accuracy Reduction/ Added Armor)

Boots: Shoes of Faunus (Valor's Fortress/Added Weapon Power/Added Agility)

Weapons: I alternate between Beckett's Blades (Second Chance) Swords of Valor (Riposte) and the Moonlight Reavers (First Strike)

Accessory: Asclepius Talisman (Valor's Fortress/Weapon Power/ Agility)

Totem: Ornament of Moo Manchu (Assassin's Strike/Walk in Darkness/Weapon Power)

Charm: Seven Lamps Locket (Heal) or the Sprocket Key (Removes Buffs) or the Medallion of Hermes (Great Juju)

Ring: Brain Thief Circle (Assassin's Strike/Assassin's Gloom/Weapon Power)

Try to get a pet that grants things like Relentless, Blade Storm, Elusive, Riposte or Turn the Tide. An extra heal or team buff from your pet would be nice also.

The set-up depends on whether it's for pve or pvp, but I hope this has been helpful :)

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
I found the voodoo package clothing went very nicely and increased my defense and attack.