Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bob Your's Uncle issues once again

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Finally, after roughly a 10-month hiatus, I have returned to Pirate101. So, I went and finished my promotion quest for Lucky Jack Russell, but after talking with Captain Hande, it instructed me to talk to Jack, but it was described as, "Talk to Dog Corsair", which I'm pretty sure is incorrect. However, it gets even weirder - when I went to talk to him, it showed him as if he was already promoted to Dog Windjammer, and it wouldn't allow me to talk to him. So, I have the quest stuck in my quests, unable to talk to him, but it shows he's promoted. The tavern I went to was the Krakens Skull tavern, if that is important at all. I went to the tavern in Florenza, too, but there was the same issue.

In case I have to send something to support, I do have pictures, so don't worry.

Dreaming Jill Underwood, lvl 68

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Puppylove1021 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Finally, after roughly a 10-month hiatus, I have returned to Pirate101. So, I went and finished my promotion quest for Lucky Jack Russell, but after talking with Captain Hande, it instructed me to talk to Jack, but it was described as, "Talk to Dog Corsair", which I'm pretty sure is incorrect. However, it gets even weirder - when I went to talk to him, it showed him as if he was already promoted to Dog Windjammer, and it wouldn't allow me to talk to him. So, I have the quest stuck in my quests, unable to talk to him, but it shows he's promoted. The tavern I went to was the Krakens Skull tavern, if that is important at all. I went to the tavern in Florenza, too, but there was the same issue.

In case I have to send something to support, I do have pictures, so don't worry.

Definitely shoot this message to support. If they can jump people through the hydra quest, they can finalise the quest for you.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Since you just did this, how many times did you have to fight Ricky Ticky Taby? Cause I had a different bug on this quest, but not the one you had, thank goodness. I put up a thread on the other bug with Ricky
I was hoping KI would tell us if it was a bug or as intended. I was also wondering if your bug might be related to the other one.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
Since you just did this, how many times did you have to fight Ricky Ticky Taby? Cause I had a different bug on this quest, but not the one you had, thank goodness. I put up a thread on the other bug with Ricky
I was hoping KI would tell us if it was a bug or as intended. I was also wondering if your bug might be related to the other one.
When I fought Ricky last June, I had to fight him twice.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I'll also say this - I've been jumped through this quest (sometime after sending this to support), so the issue has been solved. :)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Puppylove1021 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:

I'm sorry about your problem, Jill! Feel free to email support@kingsisle.com for this issue; they are always here to help. I can understand how that can be frustrating.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer