Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why are you playing?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 25, 2012
Excuse the baited subject question

I've been playing since the game was released and have been a subscriber for most of that time. I've taken my share of breaks from the game, but recently started playing again frequently. My two primary characters are max level with decent-or-better gear. I have seen a number of new and returning players with lots left to explore recently, and also many folks like me who are standing at the wheel and ready to sail to new areas. So the question is, especially for those of you with no quests and all your crew at 70, what are you doing - besides simply enjoying a great game?

For myself, my musketeer has his pistols crossed for a new outfit from either Kane or Captain Hande, and has been redecorating his house. My privateer is hunting for a new helmet and charm from those same blackguards, and General Tso's armor would be a nice cosmetic change. My buccaneer only just sailed to Cool Ranch and has his work cut out for him.

Canny Matthew Tolliver
Able Caleb Tolliver
Dark Dante Tolliver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Canny Matthew Toll... on May 4, 2017 wrote:

I've been playing since the game was released and have been a subscriber for most of that time. I've taken my share of breaks from the game, but recently started playing again frequently. My two primary characters are max level with decent-or-better gear. I have seen a number of new and returning players with lots left to explore recently, and also many folks like me who are standing at the wheel and ready to sail to new areas. So the question is, especially for those of you with no quests and all your crew at 70, what are you doing - besides simply enjoying a great game?

For myself, my musketeer has his pistols crossed for a new outfit from either Kane or Captain Hande, and has been redecorating his house. My privateer is hunting for a new helmet and charm from those same blackguards, and General Tso's armor would be a nice cosmetic change. My buccaneer only just sailed to Cool Ranch and has his work cut out for him.

Canny Matthew Tolliver
Able Caleb Tolliver
Dark Dante Tolliver
I've done all that on two accounts, now I've started a third one. Playing slower this time and experimenting with different builds.
I'm just waiting until I can adventure further on my main account.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I have been doing pvp as usual and have been grinding for shosho's kit for my privateer, it is painful, but one day after my 10000th run i shall get it

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011

Canny Matthew Tolliver
Able Caleb Tolliver
Dark Dante Tolliver
Why am I playing? Pirate101 is one of the only Pirate MMOs that allows you to be an ACTUAL Pirate. Not strictly ship battles like all of the others out there (that I've seen), you actually get to engage in combat OFF ship as well. Pirates of the Caribbean was the only other MMO I can think of that truly captured the essence of what a Pirate MMO should be, and Pirate101 is right behind em.

I've also taken breaks from the game, as with ALL other games I play, but I keep returning simply because it's the best 'true' Pirate MMO out there right now. I've also recently gotten back into Wizard101, a lot of the small updates they made really brought the magic back for me (plus, playing Necros in other MMOs gave me more knowledge and skill in how to best utilize em).

Right now I'm just streaming, in only a week I've had a dozen people join my crew saying "You play this? Awesome! I thought it was dead! Glad to see people are still playing it!". That alone makes the game more special to me, not cuz of the recruits but because I'm making people happy by showcasing their favorite game. Right now we finished up Cool Ranch (thank goodness) and are wrapping up the side quests there and the ones in Port Regal before we move onto Mooshu.

Just my input.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
On one of my pirates that finished quests, I"m working on morphing pets. I'm trying to improve the basic types I have and like, obtain new types from morphs with others, and tying to morph some hybrids. I had some good luck on the bloodline/new pet category, got a couple very good pedigree of a couple holiday pets. Looks like there are some very nice Powers and talents they might get. Still trying for the hybrid Flamango ( got 4 more pink marshadillos from the effort ) and emusaur. All that morphing means I need more gold, which leads to gold farming. I also have been helping questing pirates and lower level ones. I like helping them out and boosting their attacks, without taking all the glory in the fight.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't have all of my pirates maxed yet, only three - but I play because I feel like I'm still exploring and discovering new things all the time. I like helping others out as well as moving at my own pace.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 4, 2017 wrote:
I have been doing pvp as usual and have been grinding for shosho's kit for my privateer, it is painful, but one day after my 10000th run i shall get it
Good Luck, zuto!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I miss my friends and I would like to see them again. I am still working on my ultimate pet and that takes a lot of time.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Canny Matthew Tolliver
Able Caleb Tolliver
Dark Dante Tolliver
Great post, Matthew! We all need to know why we're playing, so I'm going to post just in case I start to forget.

I started off with my very first account, which still has Menu Chat (L.O.L.), and for all you Text Chat's and Open Chat's out there, "Menu Chat" means:

Menu Chat

MEN-yoo chat

1. Using only the provided QuickChat Menu words and phrases. 2. See obnoxious.

My first Pirate on the account was Pretty Ariel Parker, a Level 5 Privateer. That account was never a member, for before I even knew it, I created a new account that has Helpful Aurora Parker and the gang on it.

I'm playing Pirate101 because this is a beautiful game, mind you, and it's not just beautiful like Cool Ranch and MooShu's sunsets. It's beautiful as in the smooth combat style, with PvP and no choppy or bad graphics. Pirate101 is the best MMORPG game that I've ever seen about, heard about, or played. Keep up the good work, KingsIsle. I'm playing Pirate101 because there is so much learning opportunity and so many ways of battling and following directions (Quest Arrow?)

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer