Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

First Pack Companion!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy fellow pirates! Stormy Elijah Silver here with some amazing news! Today, May 26, 2017 at exactly 7:00 A.M. marks the date and time I received my first ever pack companion! After many, many packs and crowns spent I am proud to say that I got the Haywire Battle Angel companion on my level 12 Musketeer, Sly Brady Sharp. I am really overjoyed that I finally got my first ever pack companion! Friends, help me celebrate the recruitment of my Haywire Battle Angel, Custos Sentrix, by giving this post a few YARS! To everyone still farming the Armada Pack, or any pack during this sale, I wish you the best of luck! May your desired companion finally drop! I'm so happy I got the Battle Angel. I get awarded bonus points as well because out of the Armada Musketeer, Dragoon, and the Marine, the Battle Angel is the companion I wanted. Me and her are going to get along just fine. Again, good luck to all and I hope you get your desired companion! I'd also like to give my max Swashbuckler friend, Mycin Parker, an honorable mention in this post. Mycin Parker has the Haywire Marine companion and he always encouraged me to never give up on the Armada Pack. He always said that my desired companion will drop eventually and he was right in the end. Thanks Mycin and thank you to all my fellow pirates out there. It's time to hit the tavern and celebrate by giving this post some YARS! What say ye? Good luck everyone farming the packs during this amazing pack sale! I wish you all the best!
Sincerely,

Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 12 Musketeer)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on May 26, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy fellow pirates! Stormy Elijah Silver here with some amazing news! Today, May 26, 2017 at exactly 7:00 A.M. marks the date and time I received my first ever pack companion! After many, many packs and crowns spent I am proud to say that I got the Haywire Battle Angel companion on my level 12 Musketeer, Sly Brady Sharp. I am really overjoyed that I finally got my first ever pack companion! Friends, help me celebrate the recruitment of my Haywire Battle Angel, Custos Sentrix, by giving this post a few YARS! To everyone still farming the Armada Pack, or any pack during this sale, I wish you the best of luck! May your desired companion finally drop! I'm so happy I got the Battle Angel. I get awarded bonus points as well because out of the Armada Musketeer, Dragoon, and the Marine, the Battle Angel is the companion I wanted. Me and her are going to get along just fine. Again, good luck to all and I hope you get your desired companion! I'd also like to give my max Swashbuckler friend, Mycin Parker, an honorable mention in this post. Mycin Parker has the Haywire Marine companion and he always encouraged me to never give up on the Armada Pack. He always said that my desired companion will drop eventually and he was right in the end. Thanks Mycin and thank you to all my fellow pirates out there. It's time to hit the tavern and celebrate by giving this post some YARS! What say ye? Good luck everyone farming the packs during this amazing pack sale! I wish you all the best!
Sincerely,

Congratulations, crimsonreaper5! And here's a hearty "YAR" fer ye!

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Congrats! I know I felt as overjoyed as you did when I had gotten my first pack companion (but, then again, everyone does, the companions just feel THAT special ).

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on May 26, 2017 wrote:
Congratulations, crimsonreaper5! And here's a hearty "YAR" fer ye!
As a side note, I forgot to add that the Battle Angel companion recruited on the very day my younger brother graduated high school. This Battle Angel is more than a companion to me. It's a symbol of my younger 18 year old brother ending the high school chapter of his life and beginning a new chapter of his life. I still think that it's a sign that not only did I recruit my first ever pack companion, but I also recruited it on this day of all days, when my brother just graduated high school. I graduated high school 2 years ago, proud of this companion and this positive sign.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Congratulations!! May you find many, many more.

-Indigo

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Nice! The only time I've gotten one was Chilam Bak, who sadly isn't that good.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, I bought some Ashes packs today; in pursuit of the one weapon that has eluded me ( the Anubis Staff ) and what do I find in the first pack I open?
Ugh, that's right, Custos Regius, Haywire Musketeer. I gave 3 ranks of Cannoneering and currently he's in my Armada prison ship in Rake's Lagoon.
The good news is that I've finally got the Anubis Staff - so my Ashes weapon collection is complete!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on May 28, 2017 wrote:
Well, I bought some Ashes packs today; in pursuit of the one weapon that has eluded me ( the Anubis Staff ) and what do I find in the first pack I open?
Ugh, that's right, Custos Regius, Haywire Musketeer. I gave 3 ranks of Cannoneering and currently he's in my Armada prison ship in Rake's Lagoon.
The good news is that I've finally got the Anubis Staff - so my Ashes weapon collection is complete!
That just goes to show how different we all are in what we want, from packs and from the game itself.

Glad to hear you got the Staff!

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
I really wish they would let us move pack companions, It is hard enough to get 1 in the first place,, but to get 1 of a totally unusable class and not be able to move it to a pirate who can actually use it is so sad. :((

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
Jasmine3429 on May 29, 2017 wrote:
I really wish they would let us move pack companions, It is hard enough to get 1 in the first place,, but to get 1 of a totally unusable class and not be able to move it to a pirate who can actually use it is so sad. :((
I was thinking that if pack companions can be sent to your gift box this may be an easier solution to retrieve them on the correct pirate. Pretty please?????

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
I was thinking that if pack companions can be sent to your gift box this may be an easier solution to retrieve them on the correct pirate. Pretty please?????
Wow, you're a genius, Jasmine3429! I actually love that idea myself. First off, I got the Haywire Battle Angel on my Musketeer, which is fine since my Musketeer and the Battle Angel both scale off of agility. The companions that I got and like to move are Laarn (my Privateer grizzly bear) to my Witchdoctor and I'd also like to move my Baar companion (the Beastmaster himself) to my future Buccaneer. To quote what you said earlier, a pack companion is hard enough to get in the first place and getting a pack companion on a pirate class that you didn't want can feel rewarding that you got the companion, but also devastating as the companion is completely useless. If the companion were to be sent to your gift box, the companion that you managed to get will feel a lot more rewarding since you can put it on the pirate who can use it to its full potential. Dropping pack companions in your gift box instead of them immediately joining your crew will solve a lot of problems, but it'd also make one problem. What about those pirates who have already recruited a pack companion? We should have freedom to move them over to the pirate that we want. I myself have recruited the Battle Angel, Laarn, and Baar, but I wanna move Laarn and Baar to my other pirates. Again, I love the idea. I hope Kingsisle changes the pack companions so they drop in your gift box rather than joining your crew when you recruit them.
Sincerely,

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
Wow, you're a genius, Jasmine3429! I actually love that idea myself. First off, I got the Haywire Battle Angel on my Musketeer, which is fine since my Musketeer and the Battle Angel both scale off of agility. The companions that I got and like to move are Laarn (my Privateer grizzly bear) to my Witchdoctor and I'd also like to move my Baar companion (the Beastmaster himself) to my future Buccaneer. To quote what you said earlier, a pack companion is hard enough to get in the first place and getting a pack companion on a pirate class that you didn't want can feel rewarding that you got the companion, but also devastating as the companion is completely useless. If the companion were to be sent to your gift box, the companion that you managed to get will feel a lot more rewarding since you can put it on the pirate who can use it to its full potential. Dropping pack companions in your gift box instead of them immediately joining your crew will solve a lot of problems, but it'd also make one problem. What about those pirates who have already recruited a pack companion? We should have freedom to move them over to the pirate that we want. I myself have recruited the Battle Angel, Laarn, and Baar, but I wanna move Laarn and Baar to my other pirates. Again, I love the idea. I hope Kingsisle changes the pack companions so they drop in your gift box rather than joining your crew when you recruit them.
Sincerely,
Yes, trading them over to another pirate would be ideal, but I just do not see KI implementing this as there are a lot of issues associated with it, like companion level, duplicate companions, class-only companions. This is why I thought the gift box idea would be a simpler solution, they would not have to deal with all the trading limitations why would have to program in