Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Power Slot

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
I'm not sure if this happens to everyone and I don't really know if this is considered a bug but I've realized that putting something in slot 1 seems to make it appear less. I put the skill black fog in slot 1 and so far I have seen that it has rarely appeared in battle. I have a question that I hope can be answered is the probability that something will appear if it is slot 1. If I were to say the times that it would appear in battle I would honestly have to say 2/10 or maybe near to 3/10 battles. Also, all my other skills in previous slots that do not repeat show way more often in battle, especially for shadow dance for some reason (even though grand shadow dance is way ahead of it).

Update: Was curious to see what would happen if I put it in front of walk in shadows which was in slot 8 (it would always appear more often than most of my skills) and so far it has appeared many more times although not as often as I would like. Kind of weird how it does that.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
frostednutella on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
I'm not sure if this happens to everyone and I don't really know if this is considered a bug but I've realized that putting something in slot 1 seems to make it appear less. I put the skill black fog in slot 1 and so far I have seen that it has rarely appeared in battle. I have a question that I hope can be answered is the probability that something will appear if it is slot 1. If I were to say the times that it would appear in battle I would honestly have to say 2/10 or maybe near to 3/10 battles. Also, all my other skills in previous slots that do not repeat show way more often in battle, especially for shadow dance for some reason (even though grand shadow dance is way ahead of it).

Update: Was curious to see what would happen if I put it in front of walk in shadows which was in slot 8 (it would always appear more often than most of my skills) and so far it has appeared many more times although not as often as I would like. Kind of weird how it does that.
my theory is the more you use a card the more likely it is to show up early regardless of slot, as for the actual mechanics in the code, we may never know.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
frostednutella on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:

I have had the same experience and I know what's causing it. It's a bug and I hope Kingsisle fixes it. Sometimes, the game doesn't register that you moved Black Fog, or any power, to a different slot. In other words, your Black Fog may still be in slot 30, even though you moved it. My best advice for you is to double check your powers to make sure they're in the correct slots after closing out your powers window. I know for a fact this is a bug because I moved my Blood Flames card to slot 1 so I'd draw it asap, but I never drew it once. After the battle, I checked my powers and I saw Blood Flames was still at slot 30, even though I clearly moved it to slot 1 before the battle started! Until Kingsisle does something about this power slot bug, I'd say just double check your powers before the battle begins so your powers are in the correct slots.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 12 Musketer)