Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion #1: Sub classes!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Anyone who's posted on this forum has most likely gotten past skull island. However, i have been thinking about the classes. Dont get the wrong idea, the classes we have now are great, but there isn't alot of variety in class choice. So, i want to suggest something im pretty sure i suggested a couple years back,
SUB CLASSES!

Now, if you play a lot of mmorpg's (or roblox) you would know some games( like aeriagame's Aura kingdom)
have an insane amount of classes, which means your not likely to find 1 person who is the exact same as you.
Now, what im suggesting is that for the next update, we add sub class's to each class based on the main class.
Example= witchdocter can become a mage

Pros
  • More character divesity
  • Makes the game easier(depending on class)
  • Gives players more choice then the current system
  • Attracts more players

Cons
  • Hard to code
  • Makes the game confusing to new players

So, to make this easier, i will explain my idea of how this can be implemented, and sub class ideas ( you can post your own ideas down in the comment section)

Here are the terms im going to use to describe each class and sub class:
Extremely low low average high extremely high
(health= 700 -1100) (health= 1000-1500) (health=1800-2100) (health= 2300-2700) (health= 3000-3500)
(damage= 100- 150) (damage= 120-180) (damage=200-250) (damage= 270-300) (damage= 320 -380)

Now that i have defined the terms, i will show you the stats and ideas for sub classes(along with the main class for reference)

note: these are stats for lv 75, the max lv currently, WITHOUT GEAR STATS

Privateer:
Health= average
Damage: average

Healer and Buffer class( heals and gives crew stat boosts)

Shipwright:
Health: high
Damage: low

Healer and AOE(area of affect) class.

Some skills :

Cannon Barrage: makes a makeshift cannon and fires said cannon a random number of time(max 5)
Shipwright's Blessing: any crew member under 20% health are healed to max health.

Steampunk General:
Health: extremely high
Damage: high

Ranged AOE and sweeper class(basicly gets rid of tons of enemies at once)

Some skills:
Steampunk Shogun: creates a giant robot and enters robot.
Steam Shogun Cannon: Fires a lazer from the robots arms that deals 500 base damage multiplied by 2 for each enemy on the field.

Witchdocter:
Health: Extremely low
Damage: average

AOE and summoning class(self explanitory)

Wizard:
Health: average

AOE and burst class( deals damage rapidly)

skills:
Meteor Rain: summons meteors to attack each enemy a random amount of times, max 2
Sky Burst: Rain From The Heavens: deals 100 base damage to random enemies, 50% chance to change target after hitting target once, and has a chance to multiply damage by 2 each 3 times it hits a target( 30%)
max times it can hit a single enemy(without changing target): 5

(continued)

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
To make sure it isnt confusing for new players just make them available at lvl 80

Privateer Subclasses:

Battle medic- Focuses more on healing and tanking ex: 200 heal each turn and take 10% less damage for each companion under 20% health within a 5x5 radius

Surgeon- Focuses more on support and heals ex: give +40 wpn dmg and heal 100 health for 5 turns

Buck Subclasses:

Berserker- Focuses on turning health into damage ex: Convert x amount of health into damage for a chance of .5x damage, 1x damage, 2x damage, and 5x damage

Tank- Focuses on taking damage from allies ex: Take 50% of your allies damage within a 3x3 radius and deal -50% damage

Swashie Subclasses-

Hidden blade- Focuses more on quick hides and quick damage ex: Hide for 1 turn and add 20% crit chance for 1 turn

Clever alchemist- Focus more on poisons and long term damage ex: Poison your enemies and inflict a -20% dmg debuff

Musket Subclasses-

Pyromaniac- Focus more on explosive damage ex: Toss an explosive barrel that explodes in a 3x3 radius for X amount of damage

Sharpshooter- Focus more on gun attacks ex: Command all musket companions to fire 1 shot at a nearby enemy within range

Witch Subclasses-

Necromancer- Focus more on summoning the undead and other forbidden spells ex: Steal an enemies soul and have it placed randomly on the battle board, the enemy must recover the soul or else the companion deals -50% damage

Magician- Focus more on damaging spells ex: Throw a ball of fire that deals X damage and burns for x damage for 5 rounds

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
um you messed up my post,um why?

continued

Witchdocter sub class 2

Necromancer:
Health:low

Life stealer and summoning class

skills:
vampire's fangs: steals 20% of the oppenent's remaining hp

Dragon's Call: summons a dragon to fight for you, has a pet AI

Buccaneer:
health: high
damage: average

combo and buff class

Samurai:
Damage: extremely high

Combo and summoning class

skills:
Shogun's Might: Attacks the enemy with his sword(in a milisecond) and then sheathes his sword, dealing 700 base attack + 20% attack of every ally on the board(including summons and pets)

Call of the Mighty: summons 1-2 Ronin, their health and attack are 70% of your health and attack, and to make them more useful, a 20% buff for each ronin on the field.

Grenader:
Damage: High

AOE and Sniper class( can attack enemies from a long distance)

skills:
RPG Barrage: using multiple RPG'S(Rocket Propelled Grenade's) he deals damage in a small area , to balance, each RPG has a 40% chance to miss or land on a random spot on the board.

Group Grenadies: Summons grenades all around the field( Trap AI) and explode if you or an enemy steps on it or 1 space next to it( deals 60% less damage to you and allies)

Musketeer:
health: average
damage: low

AOE and All Round Class( stats are around average and is a easy to use class)

Sniper(you knew this one was coming)
health: low
Damage: Extremely High

skills:
Sniper Hide: summons a fake bush in the players place that can do everything the player does, if the bush is 2 spaces away from the enemy, the enemy will notice the player, also it only lasts 3 turns( so the sniper can get to an area to snipe)
Snipe snipe snipe: deals damage to all enemies based on their remaining health, will not kill them( kinda like false swipe in pokemon)

NO ONE POST ANYTHING YET

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think zuto's suggestion has the advantage of being simpler than yours. While creative, it's just too complicated & over done, sorry.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Muskateer sub class 2:

Heavy( if you dont play boom beach, you wont understand this referance)
Health: extremely high
damage: average

Burst and tank class( deals damage rapidly, and can take hits easily)

skills:
Machine Gun Barrage: summons a machine gun and fires it rapidly onto a single enemy, with a 20% chance to fire 3 more times (max amount of times it can fire before the 20% chance is calculated: 5)

Heavy Armor: increases resistance and magic resistance by 40% for 1 turn, but decreases the amount of spaces you can move by 4.

Swashbuckler:
health: low
damage: Extremely high

Burst and sneak class

Ninja:
health: extremely low
damage: extremely high

sneak and sniper class

skills:
shuriken barrage: flings 1-7 shurikens at the oppenent, dealing 200 base damage each, with a 10% increase in damage for each shuriken fired.
Revolt!: teleports next to an enemy and stabs it with a kantana, and teleports back to original location, with a 45% chance of hiding the ninja.

Karate Chef:
health: average
damage: extremely high

tank and burst class

skills:
5000 ton brick fist: attacks an enemy with a fist, has a 5% chance to 1 hit Ko IF the enemy is 2 or more levels above the average level of all the players companions
Tekkai(iron body): player braces for an attack, and if the player is attacked within 2 turns after this move is used, the player absorbs all damage(only once)

The way we should be able to acquire this is through a quest given to us when we reach lv 40,

say something like a promotion quest, but for you.

here's how it would go.

you lv up to lv 40

Avery: come back to skull island pirate! i thinks it time for you to try a different way of fighting

you head to skull island, avery gives you a quest(im running out of words i can type)

after you complete the quest, avery gives you an option of 2 sub classes to choose from, or you can stay as your own class.

also, you keep all skills you learned from you original class trainers.

NOW YOU CAN POST

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I believe 2 sub classes for each class would be a good idea and would shake things up a bit, they shouldn't be unlocked straight away though because it's too much for a new player to properly grasp.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
I think zuto's suggestion has the advantage of being simpler than yours. While creative, it's just too complicated & over done, sorry.
that makes me a little bit mad, but thats just me.

anyway, i understand what your saying, but i have an advantage over his/her post: my class ideas are original( and take references from anime and video games)

would you want to be a "hidden blade" class? no, because that sounds more like a weapon idea than a class.

a better sub class for swashbuckler's would be a adventurer, because an adventurer is a profession, which is what a class is, a profession(such as boxing) that in video games, is what your character is.

im sorry if this sounds like a rant, im not really used to making constructive arguments for something i disagree with(outside of school)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You can learn to juggle. You can learn to ride a unicycle. Juggling on a unicycle takes more skill than either alone, but learning to juggle on a unicycle while breathing fire?
I'd like to see that.

This is just a real life example of what you guys are trying to accomplish for our pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
pirate crusher on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
that makes me a little bit mad, but thats just me.

anyway, i understand what your saying, but i have an advantage over his/her post: my class ideas are original( and take references from anime and video games)

would you want to be a "hidden blade" class? no, because that sounds more like a weapon idea than a class.

a better sub class for swashbuckler's would be a adventurer, because an adventurer is a profession, which is what a class is, a profession(such as boxing) that in video games, is what your character is.

im sorry if this sounds like a rant, im not really used to making constructive arguments for something i disagree with(outside of school)
I'm sorry you disliked my critique of your idea - believe me, it's not personal. I wouldn't mind being a "hidden blade" since this is what I am at the moment; so don't make that assumption for me. I also like the idea of being a "clever alchemist".
Consider this a way to experience and respond to constructive critiquing, that way you get to expand on your ideas, maybe change our minds ( or even your own. )

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I would not mind "Engineer" being a Privateer subclass.