Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help thread from a first summer champ

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Hello i am Robert, a privateer main since 2013 and a pvp champ from the first and most competitive season, the first summer. I see players ask for advice somewhat frequently so i'm making this thread to answer any questions anyone may have about pvp so it can all be in one place instead of scattered around the message boards, my specialty is privateer pvp of course but after 4 years of fighting every class and studying the best players of each i can answer almost any question about all the classes.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
What is the best way to win? Is it pet grants, companions, or gear?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
Hello i am Robert, a privateer main since 2013 and a pvp champ from the first and most competitive season, the first summer. I see players ask for advice somewhat frequently so i'm making this thread to answer any questions anyone may have about pvp so it can all be in one place instead of scattered around the message boards, my specialty is privateer pvp of course but after 4 years of fighting every class and studying the best players of each i can answer almost any question about all the classes.
How can I defeat your boosted Contessa with GD?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Conwitty423 on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
What is the best way to win? Is it pet grants, companions, or gear?
None, personal skill and knowledge is more important then all of that, my friend chris uses only 1 fort for swashbuckler while every other buckler uses 3 and he uses nefarious knives that grant quite possibly the worst talent for a buckler to have, flanking, and he outperforms them all, gear, pet grants, and companions are just there to open more strategies up, but if you dont know those strategies or how to execute them they're useless

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
I really dont want to help on this one since it will directly hurt me but i did make this thread soo......

Use muskets to beat out contessas gallant or just wait it out, using a vengeance 3 companion to stun contessa then following up with fans hidden super is a devastating combo that crushes this strategy when fighting most people, me being me of course gallant isnt the only trick i have up my sleeve when i use this

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
I use Hurl Blades and Bonnie's Scatterblast onto Contessa along as the other two companions and pirate works even better if Black Fog is up. You can also use Sprocket Key for Purge and Purge off any buffs Contessa has on. This is the Swashbuckler counter I've found for this strategy.

Ensign
Jul 28, 2014
hello, i'm trying to rank up my musket what is the best musket companion comp that doesn't req naustica i currently use Chantal, Bonnie and a flex swash usually toro or rodolfo and is there any gear is need specificly ty

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
nora7513 on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
hello, i'm trying to rank up my musket what is the best musket companion comp that doesn't req naustica i currently use Chantal, Bonnie and a flex swash usually toro or rodolfo and is there any gear is need specificly ty
Ratbeard, chantal, and bonnie is what I've used but muskets usually are at a disadvantage sincr the map is so small

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
any tips for a privy? like how to beat my levels at PVP? if not its okay

level 68

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
any tips for a privy? like how to beat my levels at PVP? if not its okay

level 68
Get to 70

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
zuto4011a on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Get to 70
waaaaay ahead of you

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
may I post up a tip/strategy for pvp?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Get to 70
Why not give her advice as though she were a level 65?

Community Leader
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Because being any level below max and trying to pvp puts you at a disadvantage. You have lower stats, fewer practice points, your companions are lower level, etc. PvPing at a high, but not max, level is setting yourself up for greater odds of failure

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
I am maxed, so any advice would helpful!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
I am maxed, so any advice would helpful!
wanna meet up in game sometime? itd be way easier that way

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Which companions should i use as a witchdoctor?

Community Leader
kingme655 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
Which companions should i use as a witchdoctor?
With crowns: Scratch, Baar, Exeter

Without crowns: Scratch, Ratbeard, Bonnie

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
Can you meet up with me too as a max privy i dont really know what gear to farm for and have been just farming moo and some kane ...

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
Well, i just need to know what the gear name is and what companions i should use ( crown and non crown set). Thanks