Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

DDOS Attacks Thank you for fighting the good fight

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just wanted to share my appreciation for all the hard work your tech folk are going through to defeat the nefarious folk that are responsible for the DDOS attacks here and for the Wizard101 players. We know you are working your tushys off solving this and I (we) wanted you to know that we are patient and we stand behind you 100 percent. I (we) have the utmost confidence in your abilities to squash them into a greasy spot on the ground and we are all cheering you on as you labor to protect our beloved game and your business. Hang in there. We cast all the healing and power boosts you need to get the job done. *Whistles for all available pets to assist wherever needed*

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
I have to wonder though, who would bother DDoS a family based game when they could attack ISIS sites for example....
Must be someone with nothing better to do or just evil probably...

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hear, hear!

May karma help the evil-doers reap what they have sown.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
Just wanted to share my appreciation for all the hard work your tech folk are going through to defeat the nefarious folk that are responsible for the DDOS attacks here and for the Wizard101 players. We know you are working your tushys off solving this and I (we) wanted you to know that we are patient and we stand behind you 100 percent. I (we) have the utmost confidence in your abilities to squash them into a greasy spot on the ground and we are all cheering you on as you labor to protect our beloved game and your business. Hang in there. We cast all the healing and power boosts you need to get the job done. *Whistles for all available pets to assist wherever needed*
first off, hello! xd I was wondering where ya went xd

and second, I, also thank KI for their hardwork! you are one of the best gaming companies out there, in my opinion, you work hard for your players, and sure, some have complaints, and sure, there will be bugs. but you can squash those bugs! even thou these evil people hacked my, err our beloved game, I hope you squash them into evil pancakes! (now I want pancakes... LOL) ill send bonnie, jack russel, autumn, Brynn, john, Minnie (not the mouse), aurora jones, and king coco to help whenever you need it! at least the boards didn't get hacked, there's always a bright side, rite?

I'm might start putting random quotes below o. o

"to every sunset, there is a sunrise."

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Same, when I heard these attacks were happening I made sure to rush over here and thank the Pirate101 and wizard101 staff for their dedicated work to stop the DDOS attacks.

Also for any wizard/pirate that is worried about their account, DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks cannot gain your account information! Your account is safe!

The problem is that the servers are being fed garbage data and lots of it, so much that the game can't handle it and that's why the servers have been down some of the time.

Please be patient, before the attacks started I was talking to KI support for a wizard101 technical issue (was having a hard time reinstalling wizard101) but decided to not waste their time and let the tech guys over at KI focus on getting those DDOS attacks stopped.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
Amen Lassie!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Thank you kingsisle for working all this time to get the games back up if there's anything any of us can do we are here to help

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Is the game still down?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
first off, hello! xd I was wondering where ya went xd

and second, I, also thank KI for their hardwork! you are one of the best gaming companies out there, in my opinion, you work hard for your players, and sure, some have complaints, and sure, there will be bugs. but you can squash those bugs! even thou these evil people hacked my, err our beloved game, I hope you squash them into evil pancakes! (now I want pancakes... LOL) ill send bonnie, jack russel, autumn, Brynn, john, Minnie (not the mouse), aurora jones, and king coco to help whenever you need it! at least the boards didn't get hacked, there's always a bright side, rite?

I'm might start putting random quotes below o. o

"to every sunset, there is a sunrise."

Hello back atcha. I am here more that it appears lol. Many times I just read and yar and not post much. I just enjoy watching you guys. My heart is here as always.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2017
Yikes. I must have picked a good time to come back to the game, then.