Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Odd Behavior with times of New Orders

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This isn't exactly a bug, per se, and I can still play the game normally, it just seems odd.

I have several Level 70 pirates that I send all the companions out doing Plunderin', Scavengin' and Pet Wranglin' to obtain gold and items that I can then give to my other pirates who can use them to sell and buy Training Tomes.

I usually keep these pirates with all companions out, then collect once a day.

When I send them back out something like this happens:

Level 70 musketeer. 27 companions. Three are still out on New Orders.

The first mate, obviously, cannot go out. Second has a choice of Plunderin' (14h 38m), Scavengin' (13h 48m), and Pet Wranglin' (12h 57m). Wishing to keep the time as low as possible, I pick Pet Wranglin'.

The third mate now has a choice of Plunderin' (14h 10m)....wait...the time went down. Why did it do that?

It seems like the first New Orders chosen, one of the times is artificially high, and when not selected reverts to the correct time. The difference can often be a hour.

Like I said, it doesn't really change game play, it just seems odd.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Did any of your crew take something like pet wrangler or plunderin' or scavenger or cannoneer? That would affect the times that that particular pirate needed to complete his task and would make it look like the times had dropped.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Companion level also affects how long it takes.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
It doesn't matter, it seems, whether any of my companions have taken other tasks.

I've seen this behavior even when all companions are idle.

It seems to happen to Pet Wranglin' if Plunderin' is the first one picked and vice versa. If I pick Scavengin', Plunderin' and Pet Wranglin' stay the same until I pick one of them, then the other goes lower, sometimes even lower than the one picked.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
It doesn't matter, it seems, whether any of my companions have taken other tasks.

It seems to happen to Pet Wranglin' if Plunderin' is the first one picked and vice versa. If I pick Scavengin', Plunderin' and Pet Wranglin' stay the same until I pick one of them, then the other goes lower, sometimes even lower than the one picked.
Well, it does seem very weird and KI should look into that. In the meantime, enjoy the lowered tasking times and rake in the plunder, scavenged items & pet gear, snacks, pets!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:

Oh, I meant if they had taken a skill boost in that particular task (that you're setting them on). Check your companions skills and talents, and see if they have a boost in that area. Otherwise I'm misunderstanding what you're explaining and I have no idea why they do it.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Additional information:

After working with it for a while, it appears to be a problem when giving an assignment to your SECOND in command.

Obviously, your first mate can't take any assignment at all.

The second mate, however, has one or more of the times increased from normal.

This I discovered when doing them out of my usual order.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Verified: The increased times occur only with the Second Mate.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Addendum: It will sometimes occur on the third in command but never past that.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Cause discovered:

I neglected to notice that the increased times were because the second mate, and sometimes the third, were a level or two higher than the rest -- 72 or 71 as opposed to 70.