Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Sure Wish Board Games Were Added To Pirate 101

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I sure wish I could play classic board games against my Pirate 101 friends. I think it would be difficult to code a 3 or more player game but I think a 2 player game could be coded fairly easy. I have 4 classic board game suggestions that could be added to Pirate 101.

1. Chess - This is probably the most obvious choice. We fight Kane on a chessboard(as well as a chessboard decoration) and yet we can't play chess. I think it would be fun to challenge one of my Pirate 101 friends to a chess match.

2. Checkers - This is the second most obvious choice. We have checkers but can't actually play checkers. Again, it would be fun to challenge a game friend to a checkers game.

3. Words - This game would basically be "Words With Pirate 101 friends" being played like scrabble and words with friends. Only words allowed in Pirate 101's text chat dictionary would be allowed to be played in the game.

4. Backgammon - This game is a little harder but some players would enjoy playing it. Another classic board game.

I hope Ki can at least add the first 3(Chess, Checkers, and Words).

Any comments?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
I sure wish I could play classic board games against my Pirate 101 friends. I think it would be difficult to code a 3 or more player game but I think a 2 player game could be coded fairly easy. I have 4 classic board game suggestions that could be added to Pirate 101.

1. Chess - This is probably the most obvious choice. We fight Kane on a chessboard(as well as a chessboard decoration) and yet we can't play chess. I think it would be fun to challenge one of my Pirate 101 friends to a chess match.

2. Checkers - This is the second most obvious choice. We have checkers but can't actually play checkers. Again, it would be fun to challenge a game friend to a checkers game.

3. Words - This game would basically be "Words With Pirate 101 friends" being played like scrabble and words with friends. Only words allowed in Pirate 101's text chat dictionary would be allowed to be played in the game.

4. Backgammon - This game is a little harder but some players would enjoy playing it. Another classic board game.

I hope Ki can at least add the first 3(Chess, Checkers, and Words).

Any comments?
I played an MMO that had a board game set up for chess or checkers; you could play the AI or against others, it was a good way to earn gold or sometimes non-powered gear. This was Free Realms.
I also played Pixie Hollow and that game had easy card games to play: versions of a memory match game and "Crazy Eights/Uno".
I don't know about coding so can't comment on how easy or difficult this would be, I do think, though, that the more players playing a game like "words" or Backgammon ( which requires dice rolls ) would be more difficult to code than 2 player games. Also, some words allowed in Open Chat can't be used in Text Chat and the Menu Chat players wouldn't get a chance to play ( not very inclusive or fun for them ).
We have tavern games that are quite fun to play - I especially like "Rogue's Range", I'm not very good at it, but I like it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Why doth we need a game within a game ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Why doth we need a game within a game ?
The same reason we need any side content, for something to do. Besides Tavern Games are "games within a game".

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
I played an MMO that had a board game set up for chess or checkers; you could play the AI or against others, it was a good way to earn gold or sometimes non-powered gear. This was Free Realms.
I also played Pixie Hollow and that game had easy card games to play: versions of a memory match game and "Crazy Eights/Uno".
I don't know about coding so can't comment on how easy or difficult this would be, I do think, though, that the more players playing a game like "words" or Backgammon ( which requires dice rolls ) would be more difficult to code than 2 player games. Also, some words allowed in Open Chat can't be used in Text Chat and the Menu Chat players wouldn't get a chance to play ( not very inclusive or fun for them ).
We have tavern games that are quite fun to play - I especially like "Rogue's Range", I'm not very good at it, but I like it.
If Ki added Words, they would have to let Menu Chat people play. Considering you would be playing 1 word on a board at a time, it would be very hard to send a bad message to someone. It would also be hard to play words in an order that made a sentence. Because of those 2 things, Ki should be able to allow menu chat people the ability to play Words, despite them being unable to say them in chat.