Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chatting

AuthorMessage
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
though i realize it would be annoying for giant messages from friends private chatting atcha to block even part of your screen while fighting, it seems to be an ongoing problem that a few of my buddies still cannot find mine when they are in other areas.. to the point either i or them tend to random port to each other to see if the other was paying attention or needs help lol

was wondering if any ideas come to mind as to "fixing this".. ive thought of a few but none are perfect imo i love the tiny chat unobtrusive etc, but trying to help my friends quest that are cough* unobservant well lol it can be frustrating.. especially since i dont do discord and they've never heard of it anyway.. currently sending marco polo pics through twitter private chats to find out where each is(no random life fountain near to wipe my preferred one) is borderline silly xD

sooo hmm.. maybe an on/off button to change pm message size? if so i'd like it to keep message background box transparent if possible, so only larger letters show thus keep visibility high for both situational gaming(mob pulls) as well as still big enough to "catch your eye" idk let me know thoughts or possible tweaks or if i should just hush xD

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I wish they let us place the chat box at the very top of the screen near where the pull down tabs drop down. Nothing else is there, most of the time, and the battle board never uses that space. If you leave it big enough, you could still grab the corner and move it around if you needed to scroll or change anything on it.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
A better or complimentary idea would be for chat to play a sound when a private message is received whether the chat window is open or not. You might have to open the chat window and scroll back, but that would be doable.

While we are talking about the Chat Window, I would like to be able to control the colors that text messages from other players is displayed in. Purple against the dark background is very hard for me to see. I would suggest yellow or let the player control the color and/or background color. That way the player could set it up for their personal preferences and the system would block colors and background colors that are used by the system..

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Changing the message size would help a ton - I have trouble seeing it on a good day, and if it's a private chat and I'm in an area with light backgrounds, forget it. I wish we could make the box opaque so I could actually read the darn thing, and having it play a little sound would be perfect. I miss messages all the time because I keep everything contained to the chat box to avoid screen clutter.