Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Suggestions?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2013
Ahoy there!

I am a Level 53 Swashbuckler, and I read that there are many Musketeer enemies in Marleybone, thus making some companions, such as El Toro, less useful than they normally are.

So this has me wondering, what companions should I use often while in Marleybone?

-Strong Adam Warren, Level 53 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
I remember I always used to watch my brother play on his swashbuckler. He always just went with Fan Flanders Sarah Steele and/or El Toro, Bonnie Anne. Somehow it worked for him...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Strong Adam Warren on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy there!

I am a Level 53 Swashbuckler, and I read that there are many Musketeer enemies in Marleybone, thus making some companions, such as El Toro, less useful than they normally are.

So this has me wondering, what companions should I use often while in Marleybone?

-Strong Adam Warren, Level 53 Swashbuckler
Bonnie fan and subodai would be your wisest choices.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I always advocate using Random companions, or at least your First Mate setting, so that you can see how each of your crew will do against various enemies. Why take others' advice rather than see what works for you, your playstyle and your crew as YOU have trained them up?

One player's Bonnie Anne, with Overwatch and Burst Fire will be different than another player's if she has Double Tap and Quick Draw trained. Someone else saying their El Toro is no good shouldn't make you dump him to the end of the list and put him on Pet Wrangling if your training of him has prepared him for ranged attackers.

To be flexible and patient is the best way to learn about your crew, and making your own decisions will give you more satisfaction when you win.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Fan, Sarah, and El Toro. It's best to use all melee companions so you can hide and attack within a few rounds. Also these companions are really great and I'd say the best swashbuckler companions. It's also best to use companions that boost to the same thing as you.