Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vengeance Strike Bug?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Making this thread before I forget to (again) and never end up getting around to it.

So when a buccaneer pirate gets hit in pvp by another melee unit, their vengeance strikes goes off TWICE. This has been a thing for as long as I can remember and I don't recall having seen someone bring this up yet. Can a dev please confirm that this is indeed an unintended bug, or that they're aware of this? I have plenty of others who can confirm this claim as well if need be.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Well nevermind then, I guess this will just be another thing that goes unaddressed.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Could be a little more clear? Does it happen twice in a row (and both say vengeance strike) or it happens once, then the player hits again, and it triggers again? If it's the latter, then that's intended.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Puppylove1021 on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
Could be a little more clear? Does it happen twice in a row (and both say vengeance strike) or it happens once, then the player hits again, and it triggers again? If it's the latter, then that's intended.
I'll use a swashbuckler and buccaneer as an example.

Buccaneer- basic attack
Swashbuckler- hits first strike
Buccaneer- vengeance strike
Swashbuckler- dodges, hits riposte
Swashbuckler- dodges, misses riposte
*Buccaneer- vengeance strike*

That is just an example as there are obviously many exchange combinations that could happen, but the constant when this bug does occur is that vengeance strike goes off one more time than it should. That said, I should note that when I tried to test this it did not always happen, but it happens often enough for it to be a genuine problem.

Thank you for replying, by the way. I figured I might have been too vague in the original post.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Wolf SkullRider on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
I'll use a swashbuckler and buccaneer as an example.

Buccaneer- basic attack
Swashbuckler- hits first strike
Swashbuckler- dodges, hits riposte
Swashbuckler- dodges, misses riposte
*Buccaneer- vengeance strike*

That is just an example as there are obviously many exchange combinations that could happen, but the constant when this bug does occur is that vengeance strike goes off one more time than it should. That said, I should note that when I tried to test this it did not always happen, but it happens often enough for it to be a genuine problem.

Thank you for replying, by the way. I figured I might have been too vague in the original post.
Oh I know exactly what you're talking about, its very annoying when a buccaneer starts comboing you from some kind of phantom vengeance strike. I had someone tell me once that it has something to do with them retaliating to a relentless attack that hasn't even happened yet.