Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer Game Progression

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 04, 2012
I'm currently on the quest "The Plot Thickens" and I am unable to defeat the dungeon associated with it. Initially, I attributed this to my character or companions not being a high enough level, so I did all the side quests for the previous books up to that point. Both my Character and several of my crew members are now max level, but I'm still unable to beat it. Not only that, I can't complete the "Bob's your Uncle" quest or "The Shadow of Moo Manchu" as both myself and my companions are defeated repeatedly in Battle. I'm making full use strategically of my companions epics (Flanking, Bladestorm, Double-Tap, etc.) and I've utilized every practice point available up to that point in order to boost my character, but to no avail. I'm now stuck and can't do anything to progress the story or do any other quests. The game has gone from fun to aggravating, and I wish to finish the story since this is my first run-through. Is there anything I'm missing?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Teaming up with another pirate may help - have you asked for assistance or tried the Team Up option? Many of us experienced defeat of crew during this part of the game - especially in the promotion quest. Sometimes it's a matter of "try-try-again" or "third time charm."

You don't say whether you are repeatedly using the same team or changing up your crew to try something different. Personally, I thought it was a mix of different crew plus some luck that got my privateer through.

Also - you don't mention Doubloons at all. Do you have some high level summon doubloons, or boost Doubloons that you can use. If you have soloed much of the game and haven't managed to get through the Tower of Moo Manchu, you may not have gotten many. Ask for some of those from friends or via a fansite and see if they make a difference.

Don't give up the ship!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jn7262n on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
I'm currently on the quest "The Plot Thickens" and I am unable to defeat the dungeon associated with it. Initially, I attributed this to my character or companions not being a high enough level, so I did all the side quests for the previous books up to that point. Both my Character and several of my crew members are now max level, but I'm still unable to beat it. Not only that, I can't complete the "Bob's your Uncle" quest or "The Shadow of Moo Manchu" as both myself and my companions are defeated repeatedly in Battle. I'm making full use strategically of my companions epics (Flanking, Bladestorm, Double-Tap, etc.) and I've utilized every practice point available up to that point in order to boost my character, but to no avail. I'm now stuck and can't do anything to progress the story or do any other quests. The game has gone from fun to aggravating, and I wish to finish the story since this is my first run-through. Is there anything I'm missing?
Do you have a set team? Are you using the same strategy in all your attempts? If the team and strategy you're currently using isn't working, try doing something different.
You might also take a look at how you're equipped, is your gear suitable to your class, does it give boosts to your stats. Maybe a few runs in Moo's Tower could give you what you need.
You haven't said what parts of these quests are defeating you; if you go into some detail, other players may be able to suggest strategies.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Have you tried teaming up with other players? Or even before that, try using a different strategy? Privateers are meant to support their companions while they do all of the fighting.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Are you using only privateer crew? Using any crew that reduce the battle angel's dodge? Using any crew with Hold the Line 3? Using ranged crew to hit from a distance? Letting yourself get flanked? Casting boosts like agility, for defense? Adding protective spells? Sometimes there can be an edge in making them approach you, activating your side's Hold the Line 3 or Repel Boarders. You could team up with other pirates, too. I'm mostly addressing "The Plot Thickens". I'll let others advice you on those other ones, which are tough, and Moo which has so many cheats. Can you tell us a bit more about what strategy you've been using, so far, with the Duomo?