Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Dorado

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
In our currently last presidio companion promotion quest, we try to find “Mom’s” map piece. But apparently some of Bob’s shipmates came here before us and stole it. Does this mean we will never get to El Dorado?

We already have 3 map pieces, and now that the Armada has 2-3 pieces and we’ll probably never get them and one of them is took, will we ever get to go to El Dorado?

Would really like to see this explained hopefully maybe in the next update or so, if they add a new world(guessing polaris,because a stormgate to polaris is in valencia 2)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SuperPirate893 on Mar 2, 2018 wrote:
In our currently last presidio companion promotion quest, we try to find “Mom’s” map piece. But apparently some of Bob’s shipmates came here before us and stole it. Does this mean we will never get to El Dorado?

We already have 3 map pieces, and now that the Armada has 2-3 pieces and we’ll probably never get them and one of them is took, will we ever get to go to El Dorado?

Would really like to see this explained hopefully maybe in the next update or so, if they add a new world(guessing polaris,because a stormgate to polaris is in valencia 2)
Bob Carrington: " Funny thing, it never was there."
Bob lied about the map piece, it was just a plot to get the pieces of the map we already had, BUT we have Mom's Diaries ( or is it Diary? Both terms were used in the quest. ) maybe something in them will lead to a clue to El Dorado. Also, we may hear from ( or about ) Erica the Red and her piece of the map.
The Armada has 2 pieces, we just need to recover them. Really, could that be any harder than fighting Kane?
We have 3 pieces
That leaves Erica's piece & Mom's piece to find.
There's plenty of adventure before we reach El Dorado, I'm in no hurry to end this.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I agree, at this point we just need some confirmation that the game is even going to continue. Although cosmetics are nice, it just feels like the story is being dragged out at this point. But that's just my opinion

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I'm certainly hopeful that we get there! It's important to keep in mind that there are other means of success in this endeavor than we may be currently considering.

-Kane had supposedly found a way to El Dorado without the full maps, perhaps we could as well? We do supposedly have an ally of some kind in Phule, I don't doubt for an instant that he might have some interest in finding his 'father's obsession. It would be a nice way for his brand of 'imperfection' to mark Kane's Memory.

-Or maybe we just stick fast to the plan so far, and seek out the rest of the map? It can't be so hard; at least not as hard as what we've been through thus far.

-There's still Maruzame Castel in Subata, and still atop the castle sits Cao Tzu. I can't imagine a better person to go to for some celestial guidance, can you?

-This last one might be a little bit out there, but... The Monkey's Paw is still floating around somewhere. and while I can't speak for Privateers, Witchdoctors, Buccaneers, or Musketeers, my Swashbuckler's got a 'crazy monquistan' who might be willing to take one for the team . (Yes, I'm fully aware that that isn't going to happen. but hey, a guy can dream, right?)

Now, with all that said... I recall the ghosts of our parents appearing at the end of the Machine, warning us away from El Dorado. While I certainly haven't lost an ounce of interest, I'm not sure how the crew will feel, knowing all that we do of the dangers involved. Time will tell!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
When it comes to El Dorado, I think we should have a "never say never" attitude. While we may get sidetracked for a bit, the lure of El Dorado will always be there. As @anecorbie says, there are still two map pieces in unknown locations, so our travels just may stumble across them.

Yo ho!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It all turned out to be a misunderstanding from a mistranslation: it's not El Dorado, it's el Dorito, the worlds largest corn chip. It's locked in a house in Santa Pollo. Marco Pollo really liked those cheesy corn chips.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2011
I never thought when I started playing this game that five years later we would still be looking for map pieces. What really bothers me is the thought the money we spend on pirates is being used to make more content for Wizards 101. I think KI owes the people who have spent good, hard earned money on this game something more than some recycled pets.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Patience288 on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I never thought when I started playing this game that five years later we would still be looking for map pieces. What really bothers me is the thought the money we spend on pirates is being used to make more content for Wizards 101. I think KI owes the people who have spent good, hard earned money on this game something more than some recycled pets.
The game populations are very different - Pirate101 is much smaller than Wizard101. At the very beginning, money spent by players on Wizard101 went to help creating Pirate101, so I disagree that Kingsisle "owes" anything anywhere. New content will arrive when it is ready.

If Patience is your name, then you should know what is needed. There are seven map pieces, and I don't think a piece a year is anything extraordinary if we get the engaging story we have come to know and enjoy.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Since P101 was launched, I've thought that obtaining all the El Dorado Map pieces and stopping Supreme Commander Kane and the Armada from reaching El Dorado was the major point of the 1st story arc, but with the hiatus that lasted long after the 1st story update, & other things to try to keep us at bay, the story's direction has been drastically changed to abruptly end it too sooner than expected, and the story's present state, that I'm kinda not happy with, really threw all the excitement and anticipation away.

In my perspective, having stories that end way too soon really pulls away their promise and potential they're supposed to have in the past.

While I had to adjust to what had happened through the past, I still yearn for the storyline to have some form of midway reboot to reinvigorate the excitement we've had for years... (sigh) If only we could have that done. Now, I'm not sure how the P101 storyline may go.

Presently, all we got are small updates & some more recycled items than we know what to do with. (sigh) I really wish P101 would regain the ambition and excitement that's been lost not long ago. I was really looking forward to what was gonna be for the storyline.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 27, 2018 wrote:
Since P101 was launched, I've thought that obtaining all the El Dorado Map pieces and stopping Supreme Commander Kane and the Armada from reaching El Dorado was the major point of the 1st story arc, but with the hiatus that lasted long after the 1st story update, & other things to try to keep us at bay, the story's direction has been drastically changed to abruptly end it too sooner than expected, and the story's present state, that I'm kinda not happy with, really threw all the excitement and anticipation away.

In my perspective, having stories that end way too soon really pulls away their promise and potential they're supposed to have in the past.

While I had to adjust to what had happened through the past, I still yearn for the storyline to have some form of midway reboot to reinvigorate the excitement we've had for years... (sigh) If only we could have that done. Now, I'm not sure how the P101 storyline may go.

Presently, all we got are small updates & some more recycled items than we know what to do with. (sigh) I really wish P101 would regain the ambition and excitement that's been lost not long ago. I was really looking forward to what was gonna be for the storyline.
Although I agree with most of your points about a disappointing lack of updates; as well as the feeling that P101 has been shoved onto a back-burner while KI gears up for their 10th birthday for W101, I feel that I must point out that unpredictabilty in a story line is much more exciting than a predictable ending.
True, most of us expected to gain all the map pieces and confront Kane in El Dorado; but isn't it more intriguing to wonder where the Golden Mind went? Why were our parents warning us away from El Dorado, when they seemed so desperate for us to find it? ( If those voices were our parents, which I doubt. )
Will Queen finally manage to secure command of the Armada? Will Phule enter our lives as a friend or foe? Is Bishop still functioning?
What about those diaries? Carrington said that they contain the locations of a dozen treasures our mother collected. Could we be in for a treasure hunt?
Will we be facing off with Carrington & Hande in the future? ( I really would like that! )
Will we find Erica the Red?
I foresee more story ahead for us, if only we can get a hint that it will come this year & not make us wait yet another year for it.
Even if we don't get a story update I'm hopeful we'll get a side content one.
Post Edit: And what about Napoleguin & Polaris? Will we be calling in that favor? And what will we be asking from Nappy?