Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How often do you get mad at other players?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm just curious... What happens with other players that triggers you most in game? Is it when someone else tries to boss you around? Is it when they criticize your game play or your gear? Is it because they are slowing you down by not turning on Fast Combat? Is it someone who stands in Avery's Court talking nonsense or asking for crowns?

For me, it's usually selfish players who don't think that being part of a team means we all get to have fun. It doesn't happen often, but meeting a bossy player who thinks we should all play the way they want really irks me.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I'm just curious... What happens with other players that triggers you most in game? Is it when someone else tries to boss you around? Is it when they criticize your game play or your gear? Is it because they are slowing you down by not turning on Fast Combat? Is it someone who stands in Avery's Court talking nonsense or asking for crowns?

For me, it's usually selfish players who don't think that being part of a team means we all get to have fun. It doesn't happen often, but meeting a bossy player who thinks we should all play the way they want really irks me.

I get mad at other players when I feel cheated or treated unfairly, as simple as that. Maybe I shouldn't get mad, but sometimes things just get to you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

That's on the top of my list, too. Bossy players who tell you what strategy to use or companion in a team-up ( especially if they are very much under my level ). Huh? You're telling me what to do?
Sometimes I get angry with posters, then I have to calm down and state objections politely, when I really want to tell them is that they're being jerks.
Ah, well, everyone is human.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Ooh, this seems like a fun thread!

Yikes. I would have to say what makes me a bit annoyed is when players ask for help, I help them, and I barely do anything, and they finish the fight all on their own. I think to myself, "Why did you even ask?"

I do understand some players just think all fights (or at least most fights) are hard, so they ask people for help all the time. I really don't work like that.

And, of course, the players I actually get literally mad at are players who are inappropriate. This is a kids' game! If you want to boss, cheat, bully and be inappropriate, then be my guest, but do it somewhere else!

This is a pretty awesome thread. I can see many wonderful replies happening.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The type of player who cheers when bonnie anne dies in a kane fight so that they can get the "final hit" tends to drive me insane the most (I kid you not, this did happen, probably the most stuck up player I've ever met). Just remember that other pirates are around you, and the world doesn't revolve around your needs. :)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
Ooh, this seems like a fun thread!

Yikes. I would have to say what makes me a bit annoyed is when players ask for help, I help them, and I barely do anything, and they finish the fight all on their own. I think to myself, "Why did you even ask?"

I do understand some players just think all fights (or at least most fights) are hard, so they ask people for help all the time. I really don't work like that.

And, of course, the players I actually get literally mad at are players who are inappropriate. This is a kids' game! If you want to boss, cheat, bully and be inappropriate, then be my guest, but do it somewhere else!

This is a pretty awesome thread. I can see many wonderful replies happening.
I think there is a difference here in Pirate101 compared to Wizard101 battle mechanics, because without help, a pirate has no chance at getting doubloons after a battle. Even if the battle is easy, they need at least one more pirate involved for that group plunder chest to appear.

I don't mind helping anyone else for that reason, but if they fail to acknowledge me with a "thanks" or at least a "ty" or -- I may only do it once.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
People in Avery's Court, realm Avery get me upset. I don't understand why they feel the need to get past chat filters. Why can't they play the game instead of making it unsafe for kids? I don't see how the derive pleasure from that.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought this game was to be safe for children 10+, and adults CAN play it.

Also when they try to be the Pirate Overlord. I know how to do my job, please focus on yours, my friend.

Nice thread Willowydream!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
People in Avery's Court, realm Avery get me upset. I don't understand why they feel the need to get past chat filters. Why can't they play the game instead of making it unsafe for kids? I don't see how the derive pleasure from that.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought this game was to be safe for children 10+, and adults CAN play it.

Also when they try to be the Pirate Overlord. I know how to do my job, please focus on yours, my friend.

I don't give too much thought to those who just "hang out" in Avery's Court, unless, like you say, they are worth Reporting. I try not to spend too much time there, I'd rather be out and about the game doing my thing, and they fill up my chat box with a lot of nonsense.

I just wanted to say that getting mad at other players doesn't happen very often for me, maybe once every few weeks, but it certainly is a hazard of the Team Up ledger -- throwing us in together with our differing preferences and play styles.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
I think there is a difference here in Pirate101 compared to Wizard101 battle mechanics, because without help, a pirate has no chance at getting doubloons after a battle. Even if the battle is easy, they need at least one more pirate involved for that group plunder chest to appear.

I don't mind helping anyone else for that reason, but if they fail to acknowledge me with a "thanks" or at least a "ty" or -- I may only do it once.

I agree with both you and Alex. That's another thing that gets me - when I help other people out and they aren't exactly grateful for it. Look, I'm not trying to be vain or conceited, but I don't like having to invest my time (that I could spend doing other things, mind you ) in helping you when I'm not going to even receive any thanks for it.

To Alex the Pirate: Yes! Oh my goodness, this has happened so many times when I've helped people, where they say, "You stole my kill!" Um, do you want to win or not? You did ask me to help you, right...

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:

That's why there is text chat, a lot of what is said in Avery's Court can only be seen by people with open chat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
That's why there is text chat, a lot of what is said in Avery's Court can only be seen by people with open chat.
And I would bet a keg of yum that the ones violating the filters are teens and not adults.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
It's not an often occurrence for me - and not to mention it has been some time since - so I had to think really hard about this one. The most that I could come up with was that of which had been said to me:

"How come you look like a noob?/ Why did you stitch noob clothes?"

...Because I actually like the clothes?

"LOL that companion is trash, why did you pick them?"

I mean, what is there even to say to this?

" *insert something flirtatious here* "

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We have some hot-blooded pirates here. Most of what gets you mad, I get mildly annoyed by. It is just a game here, for fun, and I can move along or not hang out with those pirates. Mad I reserve for those being cruel to others, the evil ones. Even so, for the trolls going, "Yay! I made some one mad! I got attention!" I do not waste my emotions on you guys. Those fools in Avery's Court just can't seem to help themselves, and always seem to eventually say something that is reportable. They also seem to hate it when no one is noticing them, and either leave, or get worse, until they are wondering "Hey, who reported me!", or have their pirate muted.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Calamity Finch on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
We have some hot-blooded pirates here. Most of what gets you mad, I get mildly annoyed by. It is just a game here, for fun, and I can move along or not hang out with those pirates. Mad I reserve for those being cruel to others, the evil ones. Even so, for the trolls going, "Yay! I made some one mad! I got attention!" I do not waste my emotions on you guys. Those fools in Avery's Court just can't seem to help themselves, and always seem to eventually say something that is reportable. They also seem to hate it when no one is noticing them, and either leave, or get worse, until they are wondering "Hey, who reported me!", or have their pirate muted.
"We have some hot-blooded pirates here. Most of what gets you mad, I get mildly annoyed by."

That can go both ways. Different things get under our skins - sometimes even the littlest things on our bad days.

But that's not to say that I've never gotten angry at anyone,just that it has rarely happened with another player in this game. Even the trolls, which I hardly encounter to begin with because I usually avoid Avery's Court and am usually by myself anyway, decorating my houses and such. Perhaps I should have put in my post that those things had mildly vexed me at best.

Even though your post may not at all have anything to do with what I said - as it was posted in the same hour and all - just thought I'd put that out there so it isn't implied that I let a few silly words get me so worked up.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Hoodoo Mistress on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
"We have some hot-blooded pirates here. Most of what gets you mad, I get mildly annoyed by."

That can go both ways. Different things get under our skins - sometimes even the littlest things on our bad days.

But that's not to say that I've never gotten angry at anyone,just that it has rarely happened with another player in this game. Even the trolls, which I hardly encounter to begin with because I usually avoid Avery's Court and am usually by myself anyway, decorating my houses and such. Perhaps I should have put in my post that those things had mildly vexed me at best.

Even though your post may not at all have anything to do with what I said - as it was posted in the same hour and all - just thought I'd put that out there so it isn't implied that I let a few silly words get me so worked up.
Nope, was not referring to anyone specifically, and your post wasn't up yet, when I wrote mine. I agree, different things do get under people's skin.

I figure many times, people say things without realizing how it will sound when another person reads it, having only the text they get. Sarcasm and and jokes can be misunderstood, other times someone can take an earnest comment or question that means only what is there in the words, as a cutting remark or sarcastic snark. I also figure there are a bunch of little kids (and others) running around, focused only on what they are doing, or distracted people, who do not realize they are missing the polite things like thanking people who help them or many other things. For some, everything in the game might feel to them fictional, including the other players, and they don't act as if other pirates are being controlled by real people. That kind of thing happens even in real life, think cars, people take very personally what happens around their own car, and do and say things to other cars, where they can see the people driving them, that they wouldn't do if walking in a crowded grocery store to a person's face.
A lot of the irritations mentioned used to bother me more, but recur often enough that I know when x happens and I do y, and it's not an emotional thing --( "Give me crowns."> delete new made friend. )

Going out of your way to be toxic, and harassing people in a game meant for children, NO. Some of those trolls make light of what they are doing, "Just kidding around," "Just having fun,"; what some of them are clearly trying to have fun at is to put another person into emotional distress. Some of them are trying to get sexually corrupt thoughts to go through the chat filter, so an audience they KNOW contains children hears it. That makes me mad.