Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Not-So-Stupid Pet Tricks

AuthorMessage
Hello Pirate friends! It's time to talk about something new, shall we?

Today, I'd like to chat about our loveable pets, specifically, about the amazing tricks they can do! If you could come up with a NEW, FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world, what would it be? What would it be called? What kind of pet (new or existing) would possess that talent?

No worries about them being un-paw-sible or totally purrr-fect, I just want to hear your ideas!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:

Today, I'd like to chat about our loveable pets, specifically, about the amazing tricks they can do! If you could come up with a NEW, FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world, what would it be? What would it be called? What kind of pet (new or existing) would possess that talent?

No worries about them being un-paw-sible or totally purrr-fect, I just want to hear your ideas!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
If I could get the LIl' Siren pet here in P101, I would give it "Siren's Song" which would "confuse" one target for one round per rank. By Confusion, I don't mean Charmed, but the target may wander away from us .or even be frozen in place.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

My Rocket Strike power idea along with my idea for a Milky Way Baubleloon pet: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/circus-maximus/idea-for-new-hybrid-pet-milky-way-baubleloon-8ad6a42b58e2e175015900ade23311d7?page=1.

I would also like to see Grants Shadow Step as a pet power, as well as Grants Repel Assault which currently only certain enemies have.

Community Leader
I'd like to see a cycle of class-exclusive quest pets with a new, never-before-seen talent grant and power grant for each class.
  • Buckler- Enchanted Daggers- Grants Walk in Shadows, Grants +1 Rank of Fast
  • Privateer- Enchanted Shield- Grants Valor's Shield, Grants +1 Rank of Slashy Weapons
  • Witchdoctor- Enchanted Staff- Grants Juju, Grants +1 Rank of Spooky
  • Musketeer- Enchanted Pistol- Grants Snap Shot, Grants +1 Rank of Shooty Weapons
  • Buccaneer- Enchanted Greatsword- Grants Epic Strike, Grants +1 Rank of Smashy weapons
I realize that epic strike is not currently trained by buccaneer, but it follows the trend set by the other 4 classes of granting the lowest tier of a line of abilities that was previously not achievable from pets. There is no other option for buccaneers.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Since rabbits have a reputation for breeding quickly, it could be called Rapid Rabbits -- a Rabbit pet that could multiply itself the longer the battle went on -- first two then four, etc., until the enemies (or the pets) are defeated. Each successive generation could be slightly weaker than the one before.

Second idea - the Tiny Diver, a small mouse/rat scuba diver with a bubble gun talent that would push enemies back out of the area of battle. The talent could be called Well, Blow me Down!

Ensign
May 24, 2014
this is already in the game for swashbuckler moves, but for sharks I'd like to see a talent that would make their attacks cause bleeding. I know there's already poison, but imagine if your shark got poison AND bleeding.

and, maybe for pets such as the fire toad, similar to the talent given by the Nefarious Axe, let their attacks set the enemies ablaze (on fire).

and for pets such as the ice scarab or frostbiter, similar to my idea for the fire toad, let their attacks give the enemies frostbite... and the talent could be called, well, Frostbite!

-Crazy Jeremy & Annoying Misty

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011

Heads up: I have the image of the Zombie BullrogI spent 2 days creating. I can email it to you. I also have the power image that I spent 4 hours making that I can email you.

Zombie Bullrog:

It would be bred by a Bullrogand a Wildwood Yeti (The Yeti would be a great idea because there are no hybrid breeds from it).

Not-So-Stupid Pet Trick: It would have a power where it fires a 3x3 square blast. The enemies are infected for three turns, taking damage. If another ally comes near or is by them during these turns they start taking damage too.
What is it called? Infection

What does the power image look like? A heart with a comical crack through the middle of it, with a zombie hand in the corner.

Disclaimer: The Zombie Bullrog is not much different from the classic Bullrog, but with holes in it, a bit more tattered, and of course, it looks like a Zombie.

Additional Pros: You won't have to edit it much, just make it 3d and stuff.

Thanks for the great ideas, Pirates. We'll keep them in mind for future pet adventures!