Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 27, 2015
Hey there again guys..... I recently went back to Argon skyway((I think that is what its called)), Dragonspyre, because i thought later on i the game i would have to come back and land somewhere but i explored dragonspyre and nothing...... not one thing apart from the nasties floating in the skyway. My question is, is that the way it was meant to be or is kingsisle planning something? coz it would be a waste of a world that couldve been something way more productive like it couldve been polaris instead. But im just a player what do i know
StormySeanQuinn lvl 65

Ensign
Mar 30, 2018
The way I see it, Dragonspyre resembles more of a "fiery, magical, mystical" place, which is why it fits so much in Wizard. Now, I'm not completely against Dragonspyre having more to do in Pirate, but I don't think it should be in the same location as Wizard. You could probably make a really interesting story that fits with Pirate that doesn't rely so much on the magical history of the place. What I'm saying is, "Dragonspyre is fine, but don't make it as magic-heavy as Wizard". Pirate is more focused around the supernatural (ghosts and souls) than it is direct magic (direct magic meaning casting spells and summoning beasts and wards).

P.S. If you look in the distance, you can see the main fortress that you go to in Wizard, just a little easter egg.

Good luck and good hunting, I'll see you in the skyways, lad.
Sincerely,
Dead-Eye Cedric Ironside, Level 58 Musketeer

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
FortuneLeoVX on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:
Hey there again guys..... I recently went back to Argon skyway((I think that is what its called)), Dragonspyre, because i thought later on i the game i would have to come back and land somewhere but i explored dragonspyre and nothing...... not one thing apart from the nasties floating in the skyway. My question is, is that the way it was meant to be or is kingsisle planning something? coz it would be a waste of a world that couldve been something way more productive like it couldve been polaris instead. But im just a player what do i know
StormySeanQuinn lvl 65
Aragon skyway has been in place since the game began. I believe it was an intended link to the Spiral of Wizard101 -- a familiar site for Wizard101 players, and a cool place for Pirates to visit, but no intentions to have us land anywhere.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Yes! Mew has confirmed in the past that Avernus was indeed supposed to have a part 2, and that it would play a role somewhere in Books 16-20. Mew has stated that while it's original intention cannot be fully used, the overall concept of it can be recycled for future use, so we may see it again some day!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Alex the Pirate on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Yes! Mew has confirmed in the past that Avernus was indeed supposed to have a part 2, and that it would play a role somewhere in Books 16-20. Mew has stated that while it's original intention cannot be fully used, the overall concept of it can be recycled for future use, so we may see it again some day!
Oh. I hope so! I have lots of question and ideas, some of which I'll say now!

If there will be more of Avernus, What would it be?

Will we see more than Bone Drakes?

My thought on the second one: put in a wandering boss like Doomtooth and Nikeeta! Maybe make it a Draconian, meant for Max-Level Pirates. And throw in Bone Drakes with firey eyes while they're at it?

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I love this game's lore, so I did a deep dive. Hope this information quenches your thirst!

1. I know you're asked this question rather frequently, but would it be telling if I asked if there are any plans to expand Avernus Skyway later on to include some kind of story? If so, any obique hints? And will the Skeletal Dragons in Avernus ever come into a quest? Seems kind of a waste not to use them.

I'm not asked this nearly as frequently as I am about the female elite, so don't mention it. That said, as regards Avernus, I'll say yes - the story's not done with the place yet. There's one more rather surprising thing we'll do there, if all goes according to plan.
5. There's a definite use we had in mind for Avernus beyond the shortcut in Book 4. If all goes well, those plans can get revived.

5. will we be returning to cool ranch in the future? mooshu (besides the valencia stormgate)? aquila? marleybone? avernus? monquista?
Yes to all If you mean for a small side jaunt, a quest goal or two or part of a side or promotion quest. If you mean a whole Book's worth, the answer is maybe.

Ill go deeper later, but this is the best I can get for now. Copy and paste was frequently used, so sorry for the weird formatting and such.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Lookit Light on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Oh. I hope so! I have lots of question and ideas, some of which I'll say now!

If there will be more of Avernus, What would it be?

Will we see more than Bone Drakes?

My thought on the second one: put in a wandering boss like Doomtooth and Nikeeta! Maybe make it a Draconian, meant for Max-Level Pirates. And throw in Bone Drakes with firey eyes while they're at it?
I REALLY hope they bring a storyline expansion to the game, although I haven't completed the current storyline yet. Imagine Wizard City, Dragonspyre, Polaris, Darkmoor, Zafaria... Bad thing is, I doubt that they will bring a storyline expansion. But if they do, I will be SOO excited!

Stormy Isaac (Level 42 )