Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Am I just unlucky?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2015
Spent a good (~100k crowns) amount on Beast packs recently trying to get Baar, however from that opening I got 0 companions.
So, I'm curious to know if anyone has an estimation for the drop rate of Baar, knowing that KI doesn't release drop rates? Regardless, I'm pretty happy with the gear and pets that I got, but I'm still curious to know, could it be that Baar is even rarer than the other companions, that the chance of a companion is divided by how many you already have from that pack or perhaps I'm just unlucky!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
PupcakeScarves on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:
Spent a good (~100k crowns) amount on Beast packs recently trying to get Baar, however from that opening I got 0 companions.
So, I'm curious to know if anyone has an estimation for the drop rate of Baar, knowing that KI doesn't release drop rates? Regardless, I'm pretty happy with the gear and pets that I got, but I'm still curious to know, could it be that Baar is even rarer than the other companions, that the chance of a companion is divided by how many you already have from that pack or perhaps I'm just unlucky!
I've forgotten how many packs I had to open on one of my pirates a few years ago when I got all of the bears on her crew. It was quite a large number, I'm sure. However, I have NEVER been able to get an Armada companion, and I only have ever gotten three of the Tribal Crew Pack aztecosaurs ever, in all these years, each on a different pirate.

I've gotten Baar on a couple of my other pirates who didn't have other bears, it's completely random.

And frustrating...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PupcakeScarves on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:
That's not how the drop rate works. It has been "guess-timated" that you have a one in one hundred chance of getting a companion from a pack, but the drop rate is the same per pack you buy. The chance doesn't go up by the amount you spend on packs.
Since the Grizzly Beast pack was issued, I have been trying to get a Bear companion, and not till last week did I finally get one. So I probably spent just as much as you did, but my purchases were spread out through the years.
It's a gamble, you were just unlucky this time. Try not to focus so much on a certain companion. I'm glad that the gear and pets have given you some consolation.
Good Luck in the future!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
I've forgotten how many packs I had to open on one of my pirates a few years ago when I got all of the bears on her crew. It was quite a large number, I'm sure. However, I have NEVER been able to get an Armada companion, and I only have ever gotten three of the Tribal Crew Pack aztecosaurs ever, in all these years, each on a different pirate.

I've gotten Baar on a couple of my other pirates who didn't have other bears, it's completely random.

And frustrating...

Let's see - of all the current booster packs, my main pirate ( Esperanza ) now has one companion from each pack. ( And I never wanted the Armada companion ).
When the game is active my crowns go to buying areas, so I rarely had the crowns to "waste" on packs. And since I also play W101 my crowns also go to buying areas and sometimes henchmen.
When I DO have crowns to spare I usually buy up to 5 or 6 packs. This past pack sale, I bought 25 Griz packs and didn't get a companion. Yet a few days later, after gifting a few packs I bought ONE for myself and got a Bear.
It seems the amount of packs doesn't matter in getting a companion, just getting lucky with that RNG...