Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Armada makes no sense.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
They arrest witchdoctors for practicing mojo ( and hate mojo ) then why do they have Phule and Bishop?

Ensign
Jan 11, 2013
The Armada only wants to limit the powers of others; if they have any rules or laws that go against the court, who cares? All of their plans are for the benefit of making the Armada more powerful, and the enemies of the armada more susceptible to their reign.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Apr 21, 2019 wrote:
They arrest witchdoctors for practicing mojo ( and hate mojo ) then why do they have Phule and Bishop?
Have you seen Phule cast a spell? I think he's a privateer, despite dropping a wand ( will stat weapon ) privateers use will stat weapons too.. As for Bishop, his "magic" is technology based.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
zachshock on Apr 21, 2019 wrote:
Yes, the Armada has outlawed hoodoo, and witchdoctors. Phule and Bishop are really witchdoctors. As Anecorbie already stated, Phule is probably a privateer. He even has his separate guards, the White Cadre, and the Black Cadre under his command. (I think that's what they were called?)

Bishop, is more of a technomancer, using technology to produce a magic like effect.

Probably, the Armada is incapable of using magic, or producing anything that can use magic. They're only machines, and none of them are actually alive, or have lived, it's unlikely that any of them could ever use magic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:
Yes, the Armada has outlawed hoodoo, and witchdoctors. Phule and Bishop are really witchdoctors. As Anecorbie already stated, Phule is probably a privateer. He even has his separate guards, the White Cadre, and the Black Cadre under his command. (I think that's what they were called?)

Bishop, is more of a technomancer, using technology to produce a magic like effect.

Probably, the Armada is incapable of using magic, or producing anything that can use magic. They're only machines, and none of them are actually alive, or have lived, it's unlikely that any of them could ever use magic.
Oops, there is a typo, Milady - perhaps you intended to say "Phule and Bishop aren't really witchdoctors"?
Phule's forces in the Bruno Chapel are called Albus & Carbo Cadres, meaning White & Black ( reflecting his two sides ). I believe Phule is a privateer mainly because his Rouge's Gallery states that he has commanded forces for the Armada.
But until we receive actual proof of otherwise, I'm going with: Phule is a Privateer.
It would be interesting if we ever face Phule in battle. Having a high level Privateer Boss to fight would be exciting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:

I made a slight mistakes, yes the Cadres were Black and White; the leaders were Albus & Carbo, sorry.