Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Spring Season

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So it has been 61 days since the spring season was officially cancelled. The Spring weapons are still gone, the dark sea helms still offer nothing of value, and they still have no rank requirement. Threads were made here on the pvp section of the message boards, but nothing ever changed.

Ranked pvp wasn't even in a good spot before they did this, it's just baffling to me that they'd just remove the good stuff from the shop, and add some freebie hats with no ranked requirement. And no progress seems to have been made on undoing this bizarre choice, so I thought I'd make a new thread about it.

@Ratbeard Can we get the old weapons back before I have to wait an entire year to try and actually get them, assuming we aren't ignored by KI and don't get the weapons back after a year passes, which at this point wouldn't be entirely surprising. Although spring is 2/3's of the way through already so I guess its already too late at this point...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 21, 2019 wrote:
So it has been 61 days since the spring season was officially cancelled. The Spring weapons are still gone, the dark sea helms still offer nothing of value, and they still have no rank requirement. Threads were made here on the pvp section of the message boards, but nothing ever changed.

Ranked pvp wasn't even in a good spot before they did this, it's just baffling to me that they'd just remove the good stuff from the shop, and add some freebie hats with no ranked requirement. And no progress seems to have been made on undoing this bizarre choice, so I thought I'd make a new thread about it.

@Ratbeard Can we get the old weapons back before I have to wait an entire year to try and actually get them, assuming we aren't ignored by KI and don't get the weapons back after a year passes, which at this point wouldn't be entirely surprising. Although spring is 2/3's of the way through already so I guess its already too late at this point...
It was WHAT? I'll just be confused over here..

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Lookit Light on May 21, 2019 wrote:
It was WHAT? I'll just be confused over here..
Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic, but by removing all the rewards locked behind rank, there is no reason to try to climb in ranked. I honestly don’t think there’s going to be a single pirate teaching champion rank this season, there’s not even going to be people boosting. They’ve delivered a kill shot to an already dying side activity.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Jun 4, 2019 wrote:
Maybe I was a bit hyperbolic, but by removing all the rewards locked behind rank, there is no reason to try to climb in ranked. I honestly don’t think there’s going to be a single pirate teaching champion rank this season, there’s not even going to be people boosting. They’ve delivered a kill shot to an already dying side activity.
Well, at least it stopped boosters. However, I have a good feeling with Ratbeard returning to the boards - that we may get some attention to Ranked as well as side activities and ( maybe ) a storyline hint...?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2010
Friendly Jesse Pew on Jun 4, 2019 wrote:
Right no good reason not to just at least keep the old weapons in place . I don't get it why hurt the game or the players when its likely just one click of the mouse that could have been done right away . The incentive killed off to do rank pvp .The new season starts in 4 days i hope Ki at least fix this mistake now . Pretty please KI .