Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help: Gold

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
Greetings people of pirate101,

I need assistance with farming gold. Currently, I'm a level 45 privateer fighting pigs in kita docks for the quest "That Was Yesterday", in Mooshu. I'm running out of gold fast (Currently sitting at 51,040) because of ships, ships part, resetting companions (although it might be for the best to wait until the free reset benefit), equipment, and transporting through worlds. Any tips for saving and farming gold?

Sincerely,
Goofy Eric.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The daily assignments from the Party Barge will get you 5,000 gold each -- even if you skip the Marleybone Ambassador's quest (ugh - Striped Buffaloon stingers) that's 15,000 gold per day.

Also, I highly recommend sinking boss ships for both gold and ship equipment. If you are in Khotan Skyway, look for the two named ships between Rokugara Island and Kaizoku Jima. If there are other pirates also sinking these ships, it goes really fast.

Finally, send some of your companions on the Scavenging task -- they will bring back gear that you can sell every day for gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CherryOnTop1 on May 25, 2019 wrote:
Greetings people of pirate101,

I need assistance with farming gold. Currently, I'm a level 45 privateer fighting pigs in kita docks for the quest "That Was Yesterday", in Mooshu. I'm running out of gold fast (Currently sitting at 51,040) because of ships, ships part, resetting companions (although it might be for the best to wait until the free reset benefit), equipment, and transporting through worlds. Any tips for saving and farming gold?

Sincerely,
Goofy Eric.
Check out my post: "How to be RICH at any level" for farming locations. Set a few companions to sailin' for nautical experience. pet wranglin' for pet snacks, gear or eggs; plunderin' for gold or scavengin' for gear - what you don't want/can't use can be sold for gold.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
Willowydream on May 27, 2019 wrote:
The daily assignments from the Party Barge will get you 5,000 gold each -- even if you skip the Marleybone Ambassador's quest (ugh - Striped Buffaloon stingers) that's 15,000 gold per day.

Also, I highly recommend sinking boss ships for both gold and ship equipment. If you are in Khotan Skyway, look for the two named ships between Rokugara Island and Kaizoku Jima. If there are other pirates also sinking these ships, it goes really fast.

Finally, send some of your companions on the Scavenging task -- they will bring back gear that you can sell every day for gold.

Ah, I didn't think about that. I always thought that sense the gold farming from orders gave so low amount of gold, orders would be an unreliable source for gold farming.

I also found that sinking boss ship bottles to be a good source for nautical experience and ship parts, but no good enough for gold. Never really observed much here myself, I'm guessing.

As for your first point, I found that their quests usually involve a lot of travelling which is boring and very time consuming (not to mention gold consuming to, sense you would have to use the transports to travel from world to world; although it is only 1000 compared to the 5000 gold reward).

Anyways, thanks for all these ideas. I'll make sure to see how they go the next time I hop into pirate101.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
CherryOnTop1 on Jun 5, 2019 wrote:
Ah, I didn't think about that. I always thought that sense the gold farming from orders gave so low amount of gold, orders would be an unreliable source for gold farming.

I also found that sinking boss ship bottles to be a good source for nautical experience and ship parts, but no good enough for gold. Never really observed much here myself, I'm guessing.

As for your first point, I found that their quests usually involve a lot of travelling which is boring and very time consuming (not to mention gold consuming to, sense you would have to use the transports to travel from world to world; although it is only 1000 compared to the 5000 gold reward).

Anyways, thanks for all these ideas. I'll make sure to see how they go the next time I hop into pirate101.
If you have a few companions on each type of orders, they return pretty quickly, and there is occasionally bonus gold from plundering luck, selling pet eggs and gear.

If you only do the Polarian task, collecting the lost pages, you only need to visit Big Sky for a couple of minutes and you net 4,000 gold, plus the occasional item to sell. When you reach Level 51, you'll have all four quests in Marleybone skyway, and they'll be worth 10,000 each.