Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Student Has Become The Master

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2017
So, this may be a bit of a crazy idea, but what it, after obtaining all the skills and completing all the quests your class trainer sets for you, you have one final quest from them, a 1x1 duel, no companions, just you against your teacher. If you win the fight, you get your teacher as a companion character. I'm sure there's players who've wanted their class trainer as a companion to use in battle. Of course it would have to be at a later point in the game, but not too late unless KI has plans for post Fall of the Armada content. I've never made it past Cool Ranch, so I wouldn't know if there already is a new storyline that starts when you defeat Kane. But still, I think having your class's teacher as a companion would be cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DarkSideChampion on Jul 15, 2019 wrote:
So, this may be a bit of a crazy idea, but what it, after obtaining all the skills and completing all the quests your class trainer sets for you, you have one final quest from them, a 1x1 duel, no companions, just you against your teacher. If you win the fight, you get your teacher as a companion character. I'm sure there's players who've wanted their class trainer as a companion to use in battle. Of course it would have to be at a later point in the game, but not too late unless KI has plans for post Fall of the Armada content. I've never made it past Cool Ranch, so I wouldn't know if there already is a new storyline that starts when you defeat Kane. But still, I think having your class's teacher as a companion would be cool.
How can we sure that we've learned all that the trainers can teach us? I would like to duel each trainer altogether ( with companions ) that would be a challenging duel!
I don't think we should get them as companions, though. They're needed for the storyline and to be available for training, besides, they've been so long with Captain Avery as his crew, so how could they want to leave him?
We could get "twin" companions from the crown shop or recruit a "twin" from the duel.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
I honestly think this is an amazing idea. I have not made it any farther than Cool Ranch myself but when I do I think this would be an amazing battle and experience. This would be very fun!

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
I love the core of this idea, but it wouldn't make sense for the teacher to become one of our crew members. However it could be their special apprentice. A character with a similar appearance and character, maybe from the same world/culture. Maybe we are now entrusted with continuing their training by taking them out into the field so to speak. This companion would be loaded with all the same spells and powers the trainer passed to us (since they'd already taught the apprentice all they could.) Now what they need to become more powerful is only practical life experience - what we have to offer.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The storyline currently ends with the defeat of Kane, *however* there are supposedly plans to continue the story onward.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helenie Nightseer on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
I love the core of this idea, but it wouldn't make sense for the teacher to become one of our crew members. However it could be their special apprentice. A character with a similar appearance and character, maybe from the same world/culture. Maybe we are now entrusted with continuing their training by taking them out into the field so to speak. This companion would be loaded with all the same spells and powers the trainer passed to us (since they'd already taught the apprentice all they could.) Now what they need to become more powerful is only practical life experience - what we have to offer.
I really like this idea of apprentices. They could be younger versions of the trainers, too. All of our companions are adults, so a few youngsters would be great!

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Would be kind of nice to have this battle with your teacher and then maybe unlock the teacher in the crown shop to be able to call upon them in a battle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Jul 17, 2019 wrote:
Would be kind of nice to have this battle with your teacher and then maybe unlock the teacher in the crown shop to be able to call upon them in a battle
That's what henchmen ( women ) are for...

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
How can we sure that we've learned all that the trainers can teach us? I would like to duel each trainer altogether ( with companions ) that would be a challenging duel!
I don't think we should get them as companions, though. They're needed for the storyline and to be available for training, besides, they've been so long with Captain Avery as his crew, so how could they want to leave him?
We could get "twin" companions from the crown shop or recruit a "twin" from the duel.
Or their younger sibling.