Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No appearance change for the spirits?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Recently, the Spirits of Yuletide companions were given promotions. However, I was disappointed to see that there is no appearance change for them. I find this annoying. It is not as bad with the other two, but they really missed a golden opportunity with the Spirit of Returning. If he could have gotten an appearance change to look just like the original Cat Pirate, but as a ghost, A lot of people would most likely buy the pack just for him. I can vouch for the fact of that I own the Boochbeard Bundle. I do not lie when I say that the Cat Pirate is my favorite companion of all time. Not only does he look cool, but he is arguably the best swashbuckler in the game (though the first companion you get if it is a swashbuckler may beat him). What I am basically saying is, they did miss an opportunity not giving the Spirits of Yuletide an appearance change for their promotions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
Recently, the Spirits of Yuletide companions were given promotions. However, I was disappointed to see that there is no appearance change for them. I find this annoying. It is not as bad with the other two, but they really missed a golden opportunity with the Spirit of Returning. If he could have gotten an appearance change to look just like the original Cat Pirate, but as a ghost, A lot of people would most likely buy the pack just for him. I can vouch for the fact of that I own the Boochbeard Bundle. I do not lie when I say that the Cat Pirate is my favorite companion of all time. Not only does he look cool, but he is arguably the best swashbuckler in the game (though the first companion you get if it is a swashbuckler may beat him). What I am basically saying is, they did miss an opportunity not giving the Spirits of Yuletide an appearance change for their promotions.
I agree, I was disappointed that the Spirits appearance didn't change with promotion. But, ya never know, it may happen ( even if it takes a year ). At least they finally got promoted.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
I completely agree. I think a lot more people would buy the pack if they actually had fancy promotions. Especially for the spirit of giving since it's the only way to get the mouse corsair companion. It wouldn't even be hard to do since all the character models the spirits are based off of already have different outfits they could slap on.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
But they are ghosts. Why would their appearance change? Animated skeletons and the like I can see altering appearance, but not a ghost form anything.

I have the original cat pirate too, and I rather like that the Spirit version looks like the lower-level, initial cat pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
But they are ghosts. Why would their appearance change? Animated skeletons and the like I can see altering appearance, but not a ghost form anything.

I have the original cat pirate too, and I rather like that the Spirit version looks like the lower-level, initial cat pirate.
Fiorenza, Witchdoctors and Privateers have recruited ghosts through game play ( in Cool Ranch ); they're also available in the crown shop - they get promotions and their appearance changes.

It would be nice to have a fancier form for the Yuletide Spirits. As AntonioXavier has pointed out, there are "advanced" models of these spirits already in game.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
I agree, I was disappointed that the Spirits appearance didn't change with promotion. But, ya never know, it may happen ( even if it takes a year ). At least they finally got promoted.
True, but how bloody cool would it look to have a ghost cat marauder on his last promotion? Or to basically have a ghost version of Sergeant Shepherd's last promotion?

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
I completely agree. I think a lot more people would buy the pack if they actually had fancy promotions. Especially for the spirit of giving since it's the only way to get the mouse corsair companion. It wouldn't even be hard to do since all the character models the spirits are based off of already have different outfits they could slap on.
True, I don't think this is a developers fault though. I think that the lack of changes is a result of executives forcing things quickly out for Christmas.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

True, but it would still look cool, for example, to have a ghost cat marauder.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012

Because there are a few bison spirit companions who get promotions that change their outfits. if the bison ghosts can get that then why not the spirits of yuletide?

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
Even if they dont end up getting outfit changes I would at least like them to upgrade their epic strikes not mega and then super strike with each promotion

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
Yeah, I would honestly love having a ghost version of a mouse corsair.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
Fiorenza, Witchdoctors and Privateers have recruited ghosts through game play ( in Cool Ranch ); they're also available in the crown shop - they get promotions and their appearance changes.

It would be nice to have a fancier form for the Yuletide Spirits. As AntonioXavier has pointed out, there are "advanced" models of these spirits already in game.
Which gives you an idea of exactly how far along my WD isn't!

Honestly, I just wish we could choose not to have a particular appearance change for our companions. There are some that look great right up until the end, then they just look silly; it'd be nice to promote and opt to leave the appearance unchanged.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
Can we get a make the spirits of Yuletide fancy movement going? Personally I think it would be the set an absolute must have.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
Even if they dont end up getting outfit changes I would at least like them to upgrade their epic strikes not mega and then super strike with each promotion
Same, but it would be really cool if they got both.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
Can we get a make the spirits of Yuletide fancy movement going? Personally I think it would be the set an absolute must have.
It certainly would be cool!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Ghosts ye say?
Well, why would they change?

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
Ghosts ye say?
This is a FANTASY game, not real life. It doesn't have to be realistic. I mean come on, you literally fight animals that are super skilled and use advanced weaponry, I think we're beyond just that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
Ghosts ye say?
But why should they NOT change, since there are other ghosts/spirits in game that DO change with promotion. And all other companions appearances change with THOSE promotions?
Chiliman05 is just requesting that KI should consider changing the Spirits of Yuletide appearances with their promotions. It's not like KI has anything better they can do for us....

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
But why should they NOT change, since there are other ghosts/spirits in game that DO change with promotion. And all other companions appearances change with THOSE promotions?
Chiliman05 is just requesting that KI should consider changing the Spirits of Yuletide appearances with their promotions. It's not like KI has anything better they can do for us....
I'm really glad others share my passion for getting these 3 spirits the treatment they deserve. I mean they represent such joyous times, it would only be fair to give them the love they deserve. Maybe ki has heard our words and will fix them up for a christmas bug fix update? one can hope.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
She made a point and destroyed my argument...

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
I'm really glad others share my passion for getting these 3 spirits the treatment they deserve. I mean they represent such joyous times, it would only be fair to give them the love they deserve. Maybe ki has heard our words and will fix them up for a christmas bug fix update? one can hope.
Perhaps. That would be a pretty good Christmas to wake up one day and be able to basically have a ghost cat pirate. Also I know this is kind of irrelevant to the post, but all of them except the Spirit of Receiving are average at most for their class (in terms of epic talents). If we're paying for the companion, they should be good. Like for example Bosun Budd. He is a very good buccaneer.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2012
chiliman05 on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
Perhaps. That would be a pretty good Christmas to wake up one day and be able to basically have a ghost cat pirate. Also I know this is kind of irrelevant to the post, but all of them except the Spirit of Receiving are average at most for their class (in terms of epic talents). If we're paying for the companion, they should be good. Like for example Bosun Budd. He is a very good buccaneer.
I agree. Personally I think the spirit of returning should have access to blade storm and the spirit of giving get relentless.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
I agree. Personally I think the spirit of returning should have access to blade storm and the spirit of giving get relentless.
Thanks for agreeing. Once again, I think all crowns only companions should be very good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for agreeing. Once again, I think all crowns only companions should be very good.
That is "pay to win" thinking, there are some companions that have a slight advantage ( like Pack & Bundle ) but the most powerful are the main quest companions; and that's how it should be.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
That is "pay to win" thinking, there are some companions that have a slight advantage ( like Pack & Bundle ) but the most powerful are the main quest companions; and that's how it should be.
Well then again, if you're spending money on something it should be good.