Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

In defense of KI

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Amazingshot123 on Jan 9, 2020 wrote:
You say what you want to say, but I'm still defending them with every thing I have.
You want to know why I defend them? Hope. It's the one thing that's kept this game going so far. Hope and trust.
Please, I won't change your mind, but reconsider please.
Look, you abandoned ship for a while and came back. You gave up hope and left. Yay you, you found some more. Many of us stayed the course and look where we are now.

anecorbie, on the other hand, has been here being the main cheerleader through thick and thin until very recently. Those posts are what kept me coming back, even though I did end my membership on two of my three paid accounts.

Hope has gotten us no where. It has accomplished nothing but lightening our wallets for precious little (one might almost say no) return. You're back after having taken a break. You've forgotten what starvation rations are like; we haven't. We can't. We've been on them for far too long.

KI doesn't need defending. What they are doing to loyal players of P101 is indefensible. My hope reserves are burned through and there is no miraculous extra store anywhere.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
AntonioXavier1773 on Jan 9, 2020 wrote:
Okay you've mentioned that there's a Polaris world in the codes but I followed the big data minminers when they were still around and they never showed anything polaris related other than a penguin soldier model. Where the flip are you getting this info from? I am beyond curious.
I saw it and can confirm that it DOES exist, however I'm probably not allowed to show it here.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
darkmoordude on Jan 13, 2020 wrote:
I saw it and can confirm that it DOES exist, however I'm probably not allowed to show it here.
Hints to where we could find it?

Ensign
Feb 26, 2015
Listen I understand people are mad about no new worlds but why all this hate? Remember Leah is just one employee at KI so I really don’t think the games fate is all up to her and they said in the foreseeable future that does not mean they stopped the story I think it’s just paused but As for me I’m giving KI until 2021 next year if there are no new worlds by then I won’t be on much anymore anyways see you in the spiral

Evan firewalker level 130 fire
Shaky reed renner max buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
waddledede on Jan 15, 2020 wrote:
Listen I understand people are mad about no new worlds but why all this hate? Remember Leah is just one employee at KI so I really don’t think the games fate is all up to her and they said in the foreseeable future that does not mean they stopped the story I think it’s just paused but As for me I’m giving KI until 2021 next year if there are no new worlds by then I won’t be on much anymore anyways see you in the spiral

Why all this hate? Do you even play this game at all? For the past 4 years we have received nothing but a few SK bosses, Dreadnaught ( bugged atm ) Krampus, a few QoL additions, NO bundles and 2 packs, I wonder how W101 players would be reacting to the same situation?

Leah Ruben is in charge of production of P101, she has considerable say in the fate of this game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
waddledede on Jan 15, 2020 wrote:

Also, it's NOT hate, we love this game & we're angry that it hasn't received the attention it needs.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Amber hawksong on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:
Hints to where we could find it?
Somewhere on twitter, that's all I'll say.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2015
Hey I have played pirate101 for 6 years ever since Aquila was the last world I’m not trying to hate on the game I enjoy it as much as anyone else does I absolutely love this game I would hate to see pirate close down I never even knew that Leah was one of the main makers so I just won’t respond to this message board if hate is all I’m going to get

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I'm not really angry at KI for this (not yet, anyway), but I do feel, say, frustrated and disappointed. It's not that unreasonable to allocate more resources towards Wizard and mobile games, but I can agree that it's gotten to an extent where this game is... I won't say "neglected", but, pushed a little too far back.

I do wish for new content to keep me here, but, I'm willing to wait just a little longer. Just a little. Don't push it, KI.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
waddledede on Jan 18, 2020 wrote:
Hey I have played pirate101 for 6 years ever since Aquila was the last world I’m not trying to hate on the game I enjoy it as much as anyone else does I absolutely love this game I would hate to see pirate close down I never even knew that Leah was one of the main makers so I just won’t respond to this message board if hate is all I’m going to get
Where did anyone say they hated you? Just because I disagreed with your statements, you equate that with hate?
All of us here love P101, that's why we're angry that the game is being neglected.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
waddledede on Jan 18, 2020 wrote:
I don't think you're getting hate so much as frustration. I love the game too, but am continually frustrated by the lack of love for it on the part of Kingsisle management. I commend you for the positive attitude, but you have to admit that those who are frustrated have good reason to be.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
AntonioXavier1773 on Jan 9, 2020 wrote:
Okay you've mentioned that there's a Polaris world in the codes but I followed the big data minminers when they were still around and they never showed anything polaris related other than a penguin soldier model. Where the flip are you getting this info from? I am beyond curious.
It was discovered awhile ago, around the time the new part of Valencia was released. People don't really talk about it much, mainly because of it's age, but here's what was found.

- A winter dock that has snow on it.
- A solid 3d Polaris world.
- Napolenguin but in a different suit
- Polaris themed suits for the player.

I've seen it from different websites. People on youtube still comment about it every now and then as well.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
I see all your fair points, and I really hope you all stay just a little longer. I know KI will get through, they're just really busy keeping track of everything. Maybe if we focused on how to fix it ourselves, like get more players, then they would get through much quicker. Just saying, I'm not pointing fingers, not trying to argue, just putting the points down so we can connect the dots.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Amazingshot123 on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
I see all your fair points, and I really hope you all stay just a little longer. I know KI will get through, they're just really busy keeping track of everything. Maybe if we focused on how to fix it ourselves, like get more players, then they would get through much quicker. Just saying, I'm not pointing fingers, not trying to argue, just putting the points down so we can connect the dots.
I'm willing to stay for however long may be necessary. However, I'm certain others here have other things that may prevent them from being willing or able to do so on a long-term scale.

What I want is an assurance, a promise from KI that more, worthwhile content is coming, and a rough estimate of when it is coming out. Most people have little to no reason to stay if they are not getting that from KI.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2015
Sorry guys and gals for the misunderstanding I love pirate101 too I’m just upset and worried that it might close down soon

Administrator
waddledede on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:
Sorry guys and gals for the misunderstanding I love pirate101 too I’m just upset and worried that it might close down soon
I wanted to jump in here and alleviate your concerns about this.

We have no intention right now to close down Pirate101. The game is a foundation of our community, even if the population is lower than Wizard101 and what we all would like to see it be. We love Pirate101 and are going to keep it going and build upon it as long as we can, given the resources that we have for it.

I sure love sailing my ships around the skyways! That part alone is something worth keeping imo.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2011
Bat Masterson on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:

We have no intention right now to close down Pirate101. The game is a foundation of our community, even if the population is lower than Wizard101 and what we all would like to see it be. We love Pirate101 and are going to keep it going and build upon it as long as we can, given the resources that we have for it.

I sure love sailing my ships around the skyways! That part alone is something worth keeping imo.
Sorry to say, but what is the point of keeping the game up if the Senior Producer of the game said herself "While we continue to explore ways to improve and expand Pirate101, we have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content." and concluded by saying "it simply means that updates won’t be on such a grand scale in the foreseeable future." This is just a fair and honest question, but what is the point of keeping the game up if there is absolutely no chance of us getting any new major content?

As Falmea said in the Wizard's producer letter, "We’re always trying to make the game that our collective community wants to play, that will be around and thriving for many years to come." I wish this were the same case for Pirate, but that is obviously not the case.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011

Thanks for this response, Bat. It's very reassuring to know at least that the game isn't going anywhere for now.

And thank you for responding to this thread. I know of a lot of forums where a Community Manager wouldn't touch a topic like this with a ten-foot pole.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Not exactly a reassuring reply, but it'll do "for now". I have to point out, though, that this game's population being lower & the lack of resources is the fault of KI's continuing neglect of this "foundation game".
To bring numbers back up will probably require something very exciting - not likely to happen with those dwindling resources.
As a long time & faithful player of P101, I suggest ( at the very least ) raising the level tier for the on-line bundles.
I would really like to buy the HooDoo bundle, but with the gear & ship stopping at level 65, this wouldn't be a "smart" purchase for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm hoping there will be (at the very least ), a hint of something coming to P101for this KI Live. Not going to be holding my breath, though.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 30, 2020 wrote:
I'm hoping there will be (at the very least ), a hint of something coming to P101for this KI Live. Not going to be holding my breath, though.
about that

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
waddledede on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:
We all are, I'm sure that I speak for a lot of people when I say that in the back of my mind, there's always a thought they might just pull the plug.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amazingshot123 on Jan 2, 2020 wrote:
I understand your anger, and yes, I do think it is a LITTLE unfair for KI to treat us like this, but I can't agree with your last three sentences.

Hope, we need it, there is hardly anything stronger than it. And if you don't have any goals, try completing all the quests, earning all the badges, even winning a hundred fights in a row.

Pirate101, it's a game full of surprises. And, some might not know this trick, but you can judge an author by his book. Some things may have worried you, upset you, but, do you really want to give up just before something big? Have you actually seen it from their eyes, the suspense, that excitement?

This is not KI's fault. I made the same mistake last year, thinking that if KI refused to do anything good for us, why should we stay? After that, I wanted to see how it was doing. Many players stayed out of pity, only about six stayed out of loyalty. I realized then that it is actually our fault, leaving the game. Will leaving make it any better?
After reading Sneaky Fallon's post this morning about her membership ending, I'm ready to answer that single question:
"Will leaving make it any better?"
Yes, if enough of us leave, then KI executives will be forced to take action. Either do something or lose the revenue from this game.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2020 wrote:
After reading Sneaky Fallon's post this morning about her membership ending, I'm ready to answer that single question:
"Will leaving make it any better?"
Yes, if enough of us leave, then KI executives will be forced to take action. Either do something or lose the revenue from this game.
The problem is there's already nobody here. If we leave, it has minimal bearing on the future state of the game, since they already don't care with what little money they do receive. The only thing that'd theoretically happen, if we all left, is that there wouldn't even be enough money to justify keeping the lights on.

We have no impact. If our money mattered, this neglect wouldn't happen. Even if this game was sunk to begin with, they stood to make more profit by keeping this ship sailing towards a port (and potentially the salvation they required to fund us), rather than keeping us anchored in place. Silly metaphor, but it fits.

The truth is, with the circumstances as they are, we only have one action that will not result in a counterproductive end (Pirate101's death).

- If we made a big enough stink on social media, the good and bad publicity would get people playing, and at least would force the suits in Kingsisle to actually treat us fairly. (Go get #SavePirate101 trending on Twitter). Post such a hashtag on all Kingsisle twitter posts, and maybe something will be done. Even the functionally ignored #Bringbacknatdex had an affect on Pokemon. Trying is worth the shot.

- With some eloquent arguments, we could also convince the Wizard101 community to help us. They don't care for our plight at the moment - or at least not enough to help. Put the fear in them that if Kingsisle can do this to us, they can do it to them. That would motivate them to not let Kingsisle do it to us any longer.

Honestly Anecorbie, unsubscribing is fair and reasonable. But it will do the opposite of what you anticipate. Maybe its time for us to give up, maybe its not. But I'd like to try other things first.

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010

Thanks for jumping in, Bat.

Has anyone seen anything specific from the creators that really explains what's wrong?

I saw somewhere that there were layoffs a while ago and here Bat mentions resources - but I'm wondering why they don't pool the resources and just put out the updates for both games. For Wizard101 it would be less frequent but it seems that both games could get all the updates...including worlds, books, and story arcs.

Unless they just don't have employees that want to work on Pirate? Or enough employees who want to?

And for the record, I don't think KI needs defending. They supply a product, they claim their not phasing it out...but I used to work at Toys R Us. So hopefully it is not that dire, it just sounds like what they used to tell us. ANYWAY, we pay the same for less, it's true. But that's our choice.

I just wish someone who really understands the situation would clearly say what it is and if not - why they can't tell us. I've scoured the internet trying to understand this and decide whether to get my year sub and one for my nephew. No new stories was really disappointing.