Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Changes to Pirate 1 and 2

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Pirate is a pretty worthless talent as it is, as it can only be used on ships and when in ship fights its hard to use, especially when the other side goes first.

I'd suggest the following changes. Pirate 1 and 2 activate anytime one is in on ship combat, rather than having to go onto the other ship. This could however be kept as it currently is if my next suggestion is made.

Pirate 1 and 2 activate whenever a player goes to the end row of any combat fight. This would be just like going to the last row of the Kane fight to activate special defense.

Pirate would actually be of use if we could simply use it in non-ship combat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Pirate is a pretty worthless talent as it is, as it can only be used on ships and when in ship fights its hard to use, especially when the other side goes first.

I'd suggest the following changes. Pirate 1 and 2 activate anytime one is in on ship combat, rather than having to go onto the other ship. This could however be kept as it currently is if my next suggestion is made.

Pirate 1 and 2 activate whenever a player goes to the end row of any combat fight. This would be just like going to the last row of the Kane fight to activate special defense.

Pirate would actually be of use if we could simply use it in non-ship combat.
Actually, the pirate talent can activate in any fight, as I've seen it in the Hydra battle. If you aren't seeing it in mob fights, it's because those battle boards are small.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
If a player employs a highly defensive strategy, allowing the enemy to approach their own position, they would not see Pirate as a valuable talent.

It does activate if players are strongly on offense, pressing their team forward into "enemy territory" to employ a melee strategy.