Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea how to add crafting without it just being like Wizards101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 04, 2009
Now im sure that people would like some type of crafting in the game, however it would be annoying it if its just how Wizard101 does it, so my idea deals in less making things from scratch and more so combinding pieces found in questing and adventuring.

So new option for gear and unwanted furtinture, deconstruct, this lets you take apart the gear and based on your skill you get pieces out of it to use later, the stuff that gets destroyed turns into a type of treasure for you to sell called "scrap [insert materal name here]" the parts you get allow you to make all sorts of weapons, gear and furniture, eventually allowing you to make ship parts.

for the interface i thought it would be fun to having like a "puzzle piece" style thing, combinding different pieces together to see how they change the stats of the object.

this system will allow people to still have the pirate without just importing the crafting system from wizard101

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I really like this idea, it reminds me of other games where you can disassemble junk and reassemble it into items you want/need. Considering I tend to hit my backpack limit and gold cap around the same time, it would be nice to have an alternate way to use unwanted gear without trashing it. I still think there would have to be some sort of levelling mechanic, so level 12 players aren't crafting gear comparable to Kane drops, but in general this is a good way to input crafting without copying Wiz.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
hatter999. on Jan 17, 2021 wrote:
Now im sure that people would like some type of crafting in the game, however it would be annoying it if its just how Wizard101 does it, so my idea deals in less making things from scratch and more so combinding pieces found in questing and adventuring.

So new option for gear and unwanted furtinture, deconstruct, this lets you take apart the gear and based on your skill you get pieces out of it to use later, the stuff that gets destroyed turns into a type of treasure for you to sell called "scrap [insert materal name here]" the parts you get allow you to make all sorts of weapons, gear and furniture, eventually allowing you to make ship parts.

for the interface i thought it would be fun to having like a "puzzle piece" style thing, combinding different pieces together to see how they change the stats of the object.

this system will allow people to still have the pirate without just importing the crafting system from wizard101
I did suggest at one time that our crafting should have a "deconstruct" ability, with getting a percentage of materials back.
Good ideas!