Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Download for Mac

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
I am just writing with regard to a recent issue with my Pirate101 game. I got a macbook today and decided to download Pirate101 on it as I usually play on my desktop and I assumed that Pirate101 has mac compatability. However, each time I launch the application from the applications folder, I receive the "please wait while Pirate101 initializes" message for a split second before the game completely shuts down. I am yet to make it to the login page. Please let me know if there is any way of working around this issue, thanks!

P.S I have attempted reinstalling the game multiple times but it was to no avail.

Administrator
cody balance on Feb 28, 2021 wrote:
I am just writing with regard to a recent issue with my Pirate101 game. I got a macbook today and decided to download Pirate101 on it as I usually play on my desktop and I assumed that Pirate101 has mac compatability. However, each time I launch the application from the applications folder, I receive the "please wait while Pirate101 initializes" message for a split second before the game completely shuts down. I am yet to make it to the login page. Please let me know if there is any way of working around this issue, thanks!

P.S I have attempted reinstalling the game multiple times but it was to no avail.
Hi Cody! Does the macbook have Big Sur installed? We are aware of a compatibility issue and are working on a fix. Please keep watch in this thread for updates:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/macos-big-sur-update-status-8ad6a42575bbbaa90175c31633ff0959?page=1

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Hey! The MacBook didn't have big Sur installed. I have since installed it and the issue is persisting. Please respond with the fix when applicable. Cheers!