Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

cabin glitch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 24, 2011
I was farming moo with my team and after we finished they did the cabin glitch and when they where i went back to skull island because I'm against the principle of glitching (and honestly don't know or want to learn how.) I don't want to penalized for their actions when i know I did not the right thing and left. my question is when it will be fixed for the future I am tired of people using exploits.

Thanks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Shadows238 on Apr 10, 2021 wrote:
I was farming moo with my team and after we finished they did the cabin glitch and when they where i went back to skull island because I'm against the principle of glitching (and honestly don't know or want to learn how.) I don't want to penalized for their actions when i know I did not the right thing and left. my question is when it will be fixed for the future I am tired of people using exploits.

Thanks
Yar to infinity! Welcome to the message boards, Shadows238! Nice to hear that you don't support exploits and did the right thing.
KI will be attending to bug fixes in the future and I'm sure that one is on the top of the list.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Shadows238 on Apr 10, 2021 wrote:

Thanks
Agreed. We're all tired of the Cabin Glitch too for reasons just like this. We're hoping that it will be fixed in the upcoming bug fix update.

And no, I have no reason to see why you would be penalized. There's nothing to worry about.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Lookit Light on Apr 12, 2021 wrote:
Agreed. We're all tired of the Cabin Glitch too for reasons just like this. We're hoping that it will be fixed in the upcoming bug fix update.

And no, I have no reason to see why you would be penalized. There's nothing to worry about.
Might as well delete the entire player base of paid subscribers if you are going to penalize for the cabin glitch.

When it comes to glitches people would surely be willing to do them so much less if the game simply fixed its problems. When glitches are left glitches for half a decade despite staff knowing full well they are there and exist, the staff is complacent and a good part in the doings of the players, as much as watching someone commit a crime and do nothing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
Might as well delete the entire player base of paid subscribers if you are going to penalize for the cabin glitch.

When it comes to glitches people would surely be willing to do them so much less if the game simply fixed its problems. When glitches are left glitches for half a decade despite staff knowing full well they are there and exist, the staff is complacent and a good part in the doings of the players, as much as watching someone commit a crime and do nothing.
I agree, in part. Until recently KI has given no warnings or even that they are planning to shut down the glitch. With some people, saying nothing is equal to permission.
Now, however, Bat Masterson has issued statements that the cabin glitch is an exploit not allowed by KI and that players are risking banning if they continue to do it.
If someone suggests using the cabin, you should report them.
See: the most recent post from Bat in the Captain's Log and his statement in the post "a small dreadnaught issue".
I'm hoping that this glitch will be sealed up and some sanction - not necessarily permanent bans, issued. (and serves them right!)

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
They're not going to ban you or take action against you because someone in your group did a commonly known glitch lol.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2021 wrote:
I agree, in part. Until recently KI has given no warnings or even that they are planning to shut down the glitch. With some people, saying nothing is equal to permission.
Now, however, Bat Masterson has issued statements that the cabin glitch is an exploit not allowed by KI and that players are risking banning if they continue to do it.
If someone suggests using the cabin, you should report them.
See: the most recent post from Bat in the Captain's Log and his statement in the post "a small dreadnaught issue".
I'm hoping that this glitch will be sealed up and some sanction - not necessarily permanent bans, issued. (and serves them right!)
I think absolutely no action is necessary. Not only no action, but also no patch, no fix. Why fix something that improves the game that most everyone enjoys? Granted, it does seem to mess up the dreadnaught a bit.

There is also the speed glitch that occurs a turn after a minotaur spawns from a doubloon. Most enjoy that glitch so much that they would be upset if it were ever fixed. Many believe that speed should be made available as the fast combat option, and fast combat should be made default as normal speed, and normal speed could be made available as slow combat as some use it as their graphics tend to mess up at any faster of a rate. What really seems to happen when graphics mess up at faster rates is that their internet connection is broken up and slow/bad, so faster speeds sends in orders multiple times generating an echo effect that messes up both sound and graphics. In such regard, it would be nice if there were a frames rate option that one could simply dial down thereby minimizing the problem.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Let the players also not forget that KI's fix to the cabin glitches were to lower the drop rate of the items that the players wanted from nearly impossible to get to insanely impossible to get and then KI continued to drop those drop rates over time even more. If KI fixes the cabin glitch, they had best also fix their insanely lowered drop rates for the items the players are after.

Ensign
May 18, 2014
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
I think absolutely no action is necessary. Not only no action, but also no patch, no fix. Why fix something that improves the game that most everyone enjoys? Granted, it does seem to mess up the dreadnaught a bit.

There is also the speed glitch that occurs a turn after a minotaur spawns from a doubloon. Most enjoy that glitch so much that they would be upset if it were ever fixed. Many believe that speed should be made available as the fast combat option, and fast combat should be made default as normal speed, and normal speed could be made available as slow combat as some use it as their graphics tend to mess up at any faster of a rate. What really seems to happen when graphics mess up at faster rates is that their internet connection is broken up and slow/bad, so faster speeds sends in orders multiple times generating an echo effect that messes up both sound and graphics. In such regard, it would be nice if there were a frames rate option that one could simply dial down thereby minimizing the problem.
I have a problem with the Minotaur bug. If there's any dialogue after the battle (as in the Tower or the Machine) that speed glitch can cause chests to time out faster, even more so if there's more than one minotaur in battle. I have lost chests because of this bug and I believe it ought to be fixed.
Cabin glitch should be fixed as it's a cheating exploit that gives benefits that KI never intended, plus it's a game breaking glitch as it prevents other players from entering the Dreadnaught. Any player has the right to farm Dreadnaught without it being hogged by a select few.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Let the players also not forget that KI's fix to the cabin glitches were to lower the drop rate of the items that the players wanted from nearly impossible to get to insanely impossible to get and then KI continued to drop those drop rates over time even more. If KI fixes the cabin glitch, they had best also fix their insanely lowered drop rates for the items the players are after.
And where did you get that information? From the the player base? Probably just as "true" as the Treasure Bath myth!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2021 wrote:
I have a problem with the Minotaur bug. If there's any dialogue after the battle (as in the Tower or the Machine) that speed glitch can cause chests to time out faster, even more so if there's more than one minotaur in battle. I have lost chests because of this bug and I believe it ought to be fixed.
Cabin glitch should be fixed as it's a cheating exploit that gives benefits that KI never intended, plus it's a game breaking glitch as it prevents other players from entering the Dreadnaught. Any player has the right to farm Dreadnaught without it being hogged by a select few.
Oh, the minotaur bug should be fixed, but it should bring about game changes along with it. The minotaur glitch speed needs to become the default fast combat speed, the current fast combat speed needs to be the normal speed, and the current normal speed needs to be called slow combat speed as some claim they need to use that speed due to having slower systems.

The dreadnaught is messing up quite a lot. The current problem with it is that now when the opponents manifest they often only number three or four, so no drops. Due to the cabin glitch, I also believe KingsIsle made it incredibly difficult for haywire weapons to drop. Used to be you got one, perhaps even two if you were lucky, every fight you did. Now you are lucky to get one. Even when haywires dropped all the time, it was incredibly hard to get the one weapon that you actually wanted and were there to farm for.

That is what I mean though. You can't blame the players for running the glitches when KingsIsle not only knew of the glitches, but actually fixed the glitches by not actually fixing the glitches but by dropping the drop rates. By not fixing the glitches and dropping the drop rates, KingsIsle pretty much told all the players that its perfectly fine for them to run the glitches cause they fixed the drop rate problem. When it comes to such glitches, KingsIsle's hands are awfully dirty.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2021 wrote:
And where did you get that information? From the the player base? Probably just as "true" as the Treasure Bath myth!
I've been in this game since its early onset. I am well aware of the frequency in which they have dropped the drop rates, and have never seen them ever raise them. Sure, KingsIsle may never admit that is how they fixed the glitches, but when they are well aware of the glitches and that is how they respond, it becomes pretty obvious despite whatever KingsIsle might say about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, your two statements are contradictory: That the glitch is a benefit and that KI has now made it impossible to get the desired drops.
If you can't get drops, then the glitch isn't a benefit; if players are getting drops through the glitch then it's a benefit and KI has done squat about the whole mess!
I don't see how anyone would think that this glitch shouldn't be fixed, when KI has said it isn't allowed and that they were working on a fix.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
I've been in this game since its early onset. I am well aware of the frequency in which they have dropped the drop rates, and have never seen them ever raise them. Sure, KingsIsle may never admit that is how they fixed the glitches, but when they are well aware of the glitches and that is how they respond, it becomes pretty obvious despite whatever KingsIsle might say about it.
Oh, in other words, "just your personal observation", not fact.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2021 wrote:
Also, your two statements are contradictory: That the glitch is a benefit and that KI has now made it impossible to get the desired drops.
If you can't get drops, then the glitch isn't a benefit; if players are getting drops through the glitch then it's a benefit and KI has done squat about the whole mess!
I don't see how anyone would think that this glitch shouldn't be fixed, when KI has said it isn't allowed and that they were working on a fix.
The glitch wouldn't be needed, if the drop rates were placed up higher where they were originally, which was very hard to get drops. From vary hard to get drops they became pretty difficult to ever get drops, followed by insanely difficult, to simply completely insanely difficult. It seems the fix to the cabin glitch was to continually lower the drop rates over time creating an ever increasing need for player to abuse glitches that KingsIsle would never get around to fixing. They dropped and kept dropping the rates in pretty much every area in which the glitch could be run, and I'd say with full knowledge of the glitches being run. Not doing a thing about it for many years, while correcting the situation by such dropping of rates of the items that the players were after pretty much makes them complicit. Go ahead and fix the glitches but also fix the drop rates by putting them back where they used to be instead of insanely impossible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
I have also been playing this game since it's early onset. I started one week before game launch. Unless you were a beta tester, we both have the same experience with this game. I have found KI honest with most of their dealings with their players, when something is changed, they tell us. It doesn't sit right with me that you're basically accusing KI of tricky practices and lying to us.
I have observed NO difference in drop rates; some are lucky, some not. I have achieved most drops from farming or casual game play (across 3 accounts). I believe nothing has been changed from the start until now.
Don't blame KI for your rotten luck in drops.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I now have proof that your statement about lowered drop rates are incorrect; I ran the Tower of Moo Manchu Saturday and Monday evening - I received boss drops both times. ( Nefarious Knives & Bond Oni Bulwark.)This just proves drops are random, you may get it or you may not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
The glitch wouldn't be needed, if the drop rates were placed up higher where they were originally, which was very hard to get drops. From vary hard to get drops they became pretty difficult to ever get drops, followed by insanely difficult, to simply completely insanely difficult. It seems the fix to the cabin glitch was to continually lower the drop rates over time creating an ever increasing need for player to abuse glitches that KingsIsle would never get around to fixing. They dropped and kept dropping the rates in pretty much every area in which the glitch could be run, and I'd say with full knowledge of the glitches being run. Not doing a thing about it for many years, while correcting the situation by such dropping of rates of the items that the players were after pretty much makes them complicit. Go ahead and fix the glitches but also fix the drop rates by putting them back where they used to be instead of insanely impossible.
There are instances where a drop rate has been raised and we were informed (I just remembered). For the quest "That was Yesterday", the Inoshishi tower key has a higher drop rate now that it did before. And with the FTUD, it was announced that drop rates for all quests had been raised.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on May 4, 2021 wrote:
I now have proof that your statement about lowered drop rates are incorrect; I ran the Tower of Moo Manchu Saturday and Monday evening - I received boss drops both times. ( Nefarious Knives & Bond Oni Bulwark.)This just proves drops are random, you may get it or you may not.
Not those drop rates, drop rates on Moo Manchu gear, his hat, robe, and boots.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Not those drop rates, drop rates on Moo Manchu gear, his hat, robe, and boots.
Moderator's, I believe that this post should be closed as it's no longer constructive, has become an argument, and the original poster's question has been answered.

Administrator
anecorbie on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Moderator's, I believe that this post should be closed as it's no longer constructive, has become an argument, and the original poster's question has been answered.
So far it's mostly constructive criticism, which is what we want, so it's fine to leave up for now.

We're looking into this too as part of future updates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on May 7, 2021 wrote:
So far it's mostly constructive criticism, which is what we want, so it's fine to leave up for now.

We're looking into this too as part of future updates.
Nice to hear that, Bat.
OK, continuing debate.:
The drop rates are the same for any boss gear - Moo's drops have always been rare and hard to get.