Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new event

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
I had this idea about a monthly event (its slightly similar to the deckathlon). Let me know what your thoughts are on it :-

There will be a separate vendor for this event who will sell powers, companions, ships, upgrades for our items and other random stuff which can be bought for gems/diamonds (the currency in this event) which will be for the exclusive use of this event. Pirates will not be able to use their normal stats or companions during this event. All the things that a pirate buys from this vendor will carry on to the next month when this event will be held again (since it’s a monthly event).

There will be 10 stages. Each stage will consist of three fights. Every fight will reward us with some of the currency which we can use to buy stuff from the vendor. This event will be based on a pirate class every month. So basically if it is a Buccaneer based event, all the enemies will be Buccaneers and the final boss of stage 10 will be mordekai. However, pirates can participate in this event irrespective of their class.

In the beginning everyone will start with a common base stat (independent of their class). The first fight of each stage will consist of us against 4 enemies, the second will be a ship battle against two ships and the third against 4 enemies.

Stages 1 to 3 will consist of us alone. If someone has bought a companion from the vendor, they won’t be able to use it in the first three stages. Stages 4 to 7 will allow us to have one more companion along with us. Stages 8 to 10 will raise the companion limit to 2. We won’t be able to heal ourselves, or our companions during a complete stage.

A point structure can be decided for this event such that we get points for defeating each enemy and the person who gets the highest during the time duration of the event can get an exclusive badge/prize. There should also be badges for defeating the final boss of stage 10 (who are actually class trainers). There can also be progression rewards based on points.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Totally biased. Some character classes and their builds are awful alone, others are way stronger.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
brian angel grove on Apr 24, 2021 wrote:
I had this idea about a monthly event (its slightly similar to the deckathlon). Let me know what your thoughts are on it :-

There will be a separate vendor for this event who will sell powers, companions, ships, upgrades for our items and other random stuff which can be bought for gems/diamonds (the currency in this event) which will be for the exclusive use of this event. Pirates will not be able to use their normal stats or companions during this event. All the things that a pirate buys from this vendor will carry on to the next month when this event will be held again (since it’s a monthly event).

There will be 10 stages. Each stage will consist of three fights. Every fight will reward us with some of the currency which we can use to buy stuff from the vendor. This event will be based on a pirate class every month. So basically if it is a Buccaneer based event, all the enemies will be Buccaneers and the final boss of stage 10 will be mordekai. However, pirates can participate in this event irrespective of their class.

In the beginning everyone will start with a common base stat (independent of their class). The first fight of each stage will consist of us against 4 enemies, the second will be a ship battle against two ships and the third against 4 enemies.

Stages 1 to 3 will consist of us alone. If someone has bought a companion from the vendor, they won’t be able to use it in the first three stages. Stages 4 to 7 will allow us to have one more companion along with us. Stages 8 to 10 will raise the companion limit to 2. We won’t be able to heal ourselves, or our companions during a complete stage.

A point structure can be decided for this event such that we get points for defeating each enemy and the person who gets the highest during the time duration of the event can get an exclusive badge/prize. There should also be badges for defeating the final boss of stage 10 (who are actually class trainers). There can also be progression rewards based on points.
I'm in favor of anything that gives us something to do (even more farming). It seems to me, though, that a new currency isn't needed; just make it scrip.
Some of your ideas may need a few tweaks, for example, instead of reducing our stats, just forbid any gear or pets. You would be given a basic weapon according to class. And for those who have trained hybrid talents, perhaps a choice of hybrid weapons?

I think you ought to be allowed to use any companion on your crew, without the ability to wake them up if they go on bed rest. This will give a chance that some other companions are used besides the favored 3. Or even have companion set-up on "Random" only. Hah!
I think this would give us a true challenge, without yet another SK boss.
The rewards should be good without being "OP", but with some unique abilities for variety.
BTW, if KI considers this idea, we shouldn't expect it to be implemented right away, as other things may be planned.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
I'm in favor of anything that gives us something to do (even more farming). It seems to me, though, that a new currency isn't needed; just make it scrip.
Some of your ideas may need a few tweaks, for example, instead of reducing our stats, just forbid any gear or pets. You would be given a basic weapon according to class. And for those who have trained hybrid talents, perhaps a choice of hybrid weapons?

I think you ought to be allowed to use any companion on your crew, without the ability to wake them up if they go on bed rest. This will give a chance that some other companions are used besides the favored 3. Or even have companion set-up on "Random" only. Hah!
I think this would give us a true challenge, without yet another SK boss.
The rewards should be good without being "OP", but with some unique abilities for variety.
BTW, if KI considers this idea, we shouldn't expect it to be implemented right away, as other things may be planned.
I think the vendor shouldn't be selling companions, but maybe unlocking a special companion would encourage more players. Ship gear instead of ships (we're pretty well set for ships). I don't know about selling powers - we generally earn ours by training or dropped gear. Perhaps some gear could be sold that has a power? Say eye patches?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
Totally biased. Some character classes and their builds are awful alone, others are way stronger.
You may think your character classes are awful, but I would take any of my pirates (regardless of class) into Brian's Event (And I'd win, too!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
brian angel grove on Apr 24, 2021 wrote:

Could doubloons be used?