Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better pet snacks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Adding in-game sources of higher rank pet snacks 5+ would make pet training less miserable, and give us something to farm &/or spend gold on. At present, there's no way to get high rank snacks, or even rank 4s that are "loved" by certain pets as drops.

This would be a sure winner if added.

TY

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Prince of Shadows on May 26, 2022 wrote:
Adding in-game sources of higher rank pet snacks 5+ would make pet training less miserable, and give us something to farm &/or spend gold on. At present, there's no way to get high rank snacks, or even rank 4s that are "loved" by certain pets as drops.

TY
I agree; and if crafting was added, we could buy recipes for higher ranked pet snacks!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Prince of Shadows on May 26, 2022 wrote:

TY
Are you sending your higher level Companions Pet Wrangling? Companions who are at higher levels can certainly return the Rank 5 and 6 snacks. Two of the Rank 7 snacks have been reported as dropped by creatures - Juju Fruits and Skull & Crossbuns. Also, the Gift Boxes that appear during Holiday events are known to provide up to Rank 7 snacks.

@Hawkules -- It would be nice if Level 70 Pet Wrangling would return Rank 7 snacks as well.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Willowydream on Jun 8, 2022 wrote:
Are you sending your higher level Companions Pet Wrangling? Companions who are at higher levels can certainly return the Rank 5 and 6 snacks. Two of the Rank 7 snacks have been reported as dropped by creatures - Juju Fruits and Skull & Crossbuns. Also, the Gift Boxes that appear during Holiday events are known to provide up to Rank 7 snacks.

@Hawkules -- It would be nice if Level 70 Pet Wrangling would return Rank 7 snacks as well.

Yes, sorry, i should have been more specific. I was thinking of mid-level pirates, not endgame.

I'm aware that high level pirates can get better snacks from wrangling, but that's late, and limited quantity. Gift boxes are nice when they are around. Usually they aren't. I've not seen rank 7 drops, hope to.

Non-max players should have options.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
Prince of Shadows on Jun 16, 2022 wrote:
Yes, sorry, i should have been more specific. I was thinking of mid-level pirates, not endgame.

I'm aware that high level pirates can get better snacks from wrangling, but that's late, and limited quantity. Gift boxes are nice when they are around. Usually they aren't. I've not seen rank 7 drops, hope to.

Non-max players should have options.
Does snack farming at mid-game give tier 5 snacks?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
NobleOtter on Jun 16, 2022 wrote:
There was a thread over on Pirate101 Central that discussed Pet Wrangling and what level companions returned which ranks of snacks. I'll try to find it, but Central is not working for me at the moment. It is the level of the Companions doing the Wrangling that controls what they bring back, not the pirate's level.

If I recall correctly, at low levels, say 8 to 15, the companions may not even bring snacks from Pet Wrangling, just pet gear. If they do bring a snack it will be a rank 1 or 2. At around Level 20 or so, they start to more regularly return with the Rank 2 snacks from Skull Island and Monquista Origins. As they get to Level 30-35, they will begin to return some Cool Ranch origin snacks, Rank 3 mostly. Level 45-55, they will start adding in the MooShu Origin snacks, Rank 4, and very rarely a rank 5. Above Level 55, they will bring the Rank 5 and 6 snacks from all origins.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
NobleOtter on Jun 16, 2022 wrote:
My level 25 pirate has nothing higher than rank 4.

My level 60 char, who has quested all content through MB, and typically has several comps Pet Wrangling non-stop, has received ONE rank 6 snack, about 10 rank five.

My 70, who has finished questing and does a lot of boss farming is doing okay.

Given the 50 to 80 snacks typically needed to train a pet to max, and how many failed pets we train before getting desired talents, more would be good. Pet development is pretty accessible to endgame players, but daunting for most others. Not unreasonable, but narrowing the gap a bit would improve the experience for first timers.

Just having some of the other rank 4s for sale for gold would help diversity. As it stands, there's a player bias toward pets that like Banana Burgers and Banana Sandwiches, since those are the only 4s we can buy.

I'd suggest making Buffaloon Patties and Cactopus available from a vendor in Cool Ranch, and maybe some of the Rank 5 from Mooshu and MB in the appropriate worlds. I was surprised to NOT find that when I first went through the game.

It would also be fun to have a boss fight that always drops a good snack, like the Pixie Sticks Wizards get from Mirror Lake. This might be ideal to add to Obsidian bosses, since keys would inherently limit how often we could run. I'd feel slightly better about having used all my keys and having zero gear drops if I'd at least walked away with a some megas.

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I also think it would be nice to have snacks drop in their world of origin so we could farm for what we need. Seems weird to get Scrimshaw Swiss in Aquila, you know?

If I have a pet I'm training that needs Cool Ranch snacks then I could go farm there, etc.