Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Traveling takes to long

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2020
Spend 10% of my time dueling enemies while the rest traveling. This is ridiculous, add something to bypass the whole travel thing like a crown item that allows you to teleport to the area. New player, came from wizard101 to try pirate but this isn't helping at all

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
zeusthemoose123 on Jul 2, 2022 wrote:
Spend 10% of my time dueling enemies while the rest traveling. This is ridiculous, add something to bypass the whole travel thing like a crown item that allows you to teleport to the area. New player, came from wizard101 to try pirate but this isn't helping at all
There are a fair few options to increase your travel speed! Have you tried the teleporter? Using the X teleport options on the bottom left? Upgrading your ship? Using the travel cart like in Cool Ranch?

Some players can teach you how to use X's to avoid most travel in the game between quests. It's really quite something.

Ensign
Jul 14, 2012
I'm just the opposite, I really like the travel aspect. I always use my travel time to engage at least a couple of ships along the way.
I'm sure that after I've gotten up in levels it will become a little tedious, but that's when you learn to use the other options Hawkules mentioned.
We are pirates after all.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
zeusthemoose123 on Jul 2, 2022 wrote:
Which part of travel are you referring to? Running places, Sailing places?

If you do mean Sailing - The Spiral is a beautiful place, and we get to enjoy sailing the gorgeous windlanes of various worlds in our wonderful ships, so enjoy the scenery. If you do get bored while sailing, then that is a good time to do inventory maintenance, train up companions or pets, check your stats, etc.

Also - if you aren't already hit the Z key to boost your ship speed. Keep your fuel tank full by visiting the Guinea Pig fuel vendors located in most every dock.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
I had the same reaction, coming from Wiz to Pirate, but it gets easier once you learn your way around.

Besides the good tips Hawkules provided above, think about grouping quests in the same areas, and using friends as port busses.

I do think the game would benefit from some faster transport options, like giving all the windlanes a speed boost, and providing something like the Cool Ranch Stagecoach between major parts of Mooshu. The skyways there are pretty, but vast.

MB and AQ are mercifully quick and easy to navigate.