Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Manchu's Skyway Chicanery" event takes too long.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Normally I like to wait a bit before giving an opinion, but I've run unto a more immediate complaint with the latest event that I feel needs to be discussed.

Specifically, the "Manchu's Skyway Chicanery" event quest takes an unreasonable amount of time. The drop rates are not guaranteed, especially in Aragon Skyway. Players are forced between Calabria ships with a longer time and a higher (though not infallible) drop rate, or Aragon ships with a frankly horrible drop rate. This, coupled with the 15 Coral requirement, makes the quest long, tedious, repetitive and a little boring.

I feel like this is a problem that needs to be resolved. The next time that this event comes around, I feel that 8 Coral would be a more appropriate number.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
Lookit Light on Jul 27, 2022 wrote:
Normally I like to wait a bit before giving an opinion, but I've run unto a more immediate complaint with the latest event that I feel needs to be discussed.

Specifically, the "Manchu's Skyway Chicanery" event quest takes an unreasonable amount of time. The drop rates are not guaranteed, especially in Aragon Skyway. Players are forced between Calabria ships with a longer time and a higher (though not infallible) drop rate, or Aragon ships with a frankly horrible drop rate. This, coupled with the 15 Coral requirement, makes the quest long, tedious, repetitive and a little boring.

I feel like this is a problem that needs to be resolved. The next time that this event comes around, I feel that 8 Coral would be a more appropriate number.
We'll take this into consideration. Thank you for sharing the feedback! I can't speak to what we're talking about behind the scenes but please know you and other folks are heard on this issue.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah, the ship part is a bit grindy. Not hard, just slow. The best method at the moment is teaming up with friends to take down the tougher ships faster. The "soft" lower level enemies are easy with a galleon, but as LL said, low drop rate, so you're sinking 50+ to get one key.

8 or 10 coral would be better than 15, given current drop rates. Not asking for a "gimmie" just a bit less pain.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Another thought / suggestion that could be fun for players who like multi-ship battles: Introduce a somewhat harder enemy ship with guaranteed coral drop, and the potential of more than one per ship. These would be an incentive to group farm, and could go pretty fast if done with a friend or two.

25% chance of one, 50% chance of two, 25% chance of three, or such. Make them about 150% of the health and firepower of current Valencia 2 enemy ships and put them in an under-used area. They don't need a new appearance. Just call them "Coral Freighters" or such. This would be an optional method for those who want harder but faster farming.

Spice it up with some high rank pet snack drops too. We always need more pet snacks :)