Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Diablo Cut scary?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 03, 2011
This is what I heard in National Geographic's Brain Games series.

Is it true that you don't like the scared or fear feeling? Too bad, you can't get rid of them. But if you want to know why you have fear, stick around.

Here, we have Dr. Jim Coan, to explain the process of fear.

The amygdala, via the hypothalamus, is the fear part of the brain. When you are in a scary or nervous situation, that part just bounces in action, and that's what makes the relieved part, the dopamine, bounce in action when the fear goes away. It relieves you, calming you down and takes away the mind stress, worry, and inside pain. To test this out, watch a scary video. Something you'd not want to watch in freedom. While watching it, how much was your fear meter? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, or ten? While you were having fear, the amygdala was once again triggered, and after the video ended, the dopamine was released, calming your fear down. This is not only used in scary or horror experiences. Try this out at home: Bet your family member or friend that he/she can't build a 5 story cup building, using cup stacking. Sounds hard, does it? Well, that's the true point of this game. Get about 40 cups. Split it into half so you and your friend have 20. When your clock's second hand reaches 12 in any minute once you've prepared the cups, start stacking! Believe or not, the amygdala is actually triggered here! You have fear that the cup stack stories will fall down. After the competition is over, the dopamine is once released again, relieving you. So, these are 2 situations in which the amygdala and dopamine is activated.

Well, I hope this advice was helpful, making you understand how fear goes.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
Ruthless Caleb Gun... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
"Ha I wasn't scared at all!(he said loudly) "What"s so scary bout living skeleton monkeys clawing your eyes out with their undead claws. Or the demon monkeys with horrid wings sweeping down the top of a dark cave light by the very fire in here hands. They fill the caves skies the very ground that you stand closing in, they are a curse of the very prize you seek, a rotting hand tied to a stick. Do you dare enter............. DIOBLO CUT!?! (Runs out of cave screaming!)
I know this was written a while ago, but this is super funny.

I didn't find Diablo Cut all that scary... I find the bloated zombies a little creepy, considering that they are just bones and rotting skin separated by a bunch of fluid.... dat's nasty dude....

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
i wasn't scared but if a young kid played this it might be just wrong but just think of it as a spooky skeleton ok?

Ensign
May 31, 2014
There was nothing even remotely scary about Diablo cut

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
lets see, thorns: come from roses and cacti (obviously) scary meter: 0
2. undead monkeys that look creepy scary meter 1
everything else 0
after all... its not that scary

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I think it was kinda cool when the little dudes died , the devil tried to grab him/her but he floated up into heaven. not realistic as you have to believe in Christ first but still kind of funny/cool.(sorry if this post was mean to anyone i do not mean any harm.

brave Alexandra Armstrong
Erin

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
i think diablo cut is the darkest part on P101. isnt diablo Spanish for demon?
no . diablo is devil. but close. LOL (spanish decent here)

erin

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Lol, someone hasn't been reading their Greek Mythology assignments in English class.
well (percy jackson heroes of olympus fans will get this) ella is nice harpy (rattles off a bunch of dictionary and percyjacksons and all books stuff XD)

erin

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on May 29, 2015 wrote:
well (percy jackson heroes of olympus fans will get this) ella is nice harpy (rattles off a bunch of dictionary and percyjacksons and all books stuff XD)

erin
Did someone say Percy Jackson??? (Goes crazy)