Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stormzilla to Monkey King No experience gain?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
As if these quests are not hard enough, but to get no experience at all for the hours spent trying to beat these quests. I am so frustrated with this game. Thumbs down to KI for this one. The stormzilla quest is worth 2300+ I competed the quest thread but received no experience for my enormous effort. WOW not OK.
Why is there no mark location feature? For times, at least when you want to help a friend, why should you have to take the VERY long frustrating journey back to your last quest? I have refused to help friends on my higher level pirates for that reason alone.
One more beef while I am at it. How about making more distance between ships, I mean come on, 5 ships on one. How about a chance? I find the ship battles are no where near evenly matched. It seems to be designed so you HAVE TO buy ships and their equitment from the crown shop just to have the slimmest of chances against your oposing ship.
Its sad because my son, who loves wizard and was so excited about pirate, is so frustrated with it.
This game is NOT for kids!

Ruthless Olivia Morgan
I really want my 2300+ experience as the quest thread stated

Administrator
Hi! Sorry for the frustration you're feeling, but I want to clarify that the reason you didn't gain any experience is because you're currently at the level cap for Pirate101, which is 50th level.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
brave olivia freem... on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
As if these quests are not hard enough, but to get no experience at all for the hours spent trying to beat these quests. I am so frustrated with this game. Thumbs down to KI for this one. The stormzilla quest is worth 2300+ I competed the quest thread but received no experience for my enormous effort. WOW not OK.
Why is there no mark location feature? For times, at least when you want to help a friend, why should you have to take the VERY long frustrating journey back to your last quest? I have refused to help friends on my higher level pirates for that reason alone.
One more beef while I am at it. How about making more distance between ships, I mean come on, 5 ships on one. How about a chance? I find the ship battles are no where near evenly matched. It seems to be designed so you HAVE TO buy ships and their equitment from the crown shop just to have the slimmest of chances against your oposing ship.
Its sad because my son, who loves wizard and was so excited about pirate, is so frustrated with it.
This game is NOT for kids!

Ruthless Olivia Morgan
I really want my 2300+ experience as the quest thread stated
The travel time can be a bit excessive in the game, for sure, but I'm usually able to get back to where I was fairly quickly. Travel is why I'm more likely to help someone asking for assistance with ship battles: I don't get stuck to a new life fountain and can just return to the last one when I'm done. Plus, ship battles are the most likely thing anyone will need help with. Speaking of which . . .

I was able to make it all the way through Moo Shu only buying new ships and equipment for in-game currency. If you buy new ships as you go through, the learning curve isn't as steep. Also, the issue of ships being too close together appears to be on the list of the latest major update coming soon to be fixed, along with skyway mob groups being too densly packed. I had noticed this problem, espectially in Monquista and even moreso in Cool Ranch. For some reason, they are more spread out in Moo Shu.

Hope some of this helps!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I feel your pain honestly, but Mooshu isn't supposed to be easy. You say you didn't receive experience? You are the max level, or there might have been a visual glitch. Sorry you are having so much trouble with Kingsisle's awesome game

Dead-Eye Luke, Level 50

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
OMG anybody here ever play any other games where you had to battle something and pull the mob to you so you didnt get attacked by adds. Same rule applies here when you see the ships too close together you can actually pull them apart and single combat them easily. I have used this tactic numerous times have never had to buy ships from crowns or anything, just using gold bought ones. When you approach a ship that looks close to another simply attack and back up until you can hit it singly. Tis a very simple tactic give it a try and youll find life just got a whole lot easier for pirate 101 nautical battles. Good Luck pirates!