Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Ship Should I Get?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I just started adventuring in MooShu. My Nautical Level is currently 39, so I think I should just keep making gold and earning Nautical XP until I can afford the Level 42 Samoorai Galleon and the equipment.

I think purchasing the Frigate or the Lesser Galleon will be a waste of gold, but I am not sure how tough the ships in the other zones will be. I don't want to get caught in a zone where nearly every ship can blast my Samoorai Skiff into splinters. Sometimes it is better to invest in a Frigate early, but sometimes you will end up missing that gold.

My strategy will probably be to grind out Nauticlal Levels near Hamamatsu, but that can get tedious sometimes and Nautical XP slides off as you meet or exceed your Character Level.

What are your opinions about this?

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
TalonDevereaux68 on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
I just started adventuring in MooShu. My Nautical Level is currently 39, so I think I should just keep making gold and earning Nautical XP until I can afford the Level 42 Samoorai Galleon and the equipment.

I think purchasing the Frigate or the Lesser Galleon will be a waste of gold, but I am not sure how tough the ships in the other zones will be. I don't want to get caught in a zone where nearly every ship can blast my Samoorai Skiff into splinters. Sometimes it is better to invest in a Frigate early, but sometimes you will end up missing that gold.

My strategy will probably be to grind out Nauticlal Levels near Hamamatsu, but that can get tedious sometimes and Nautical XP slides off as you meet or exceed your Character Level.

What are your opinions about this?
They can be tough in the higher level places of Mooshu, buy a Galleon to be on the safe side.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
The warships in the Khotan skyway made my mind up for me.

I splurged and got the Level 42 Samoorai Galleon. Hopefully it will last me until I am nearly done with MooShu and get that Marleybone ship when my Nautical Level moves into the 50ish range.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
TalonDevereaux68 on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
The warships in the Khotan skyway made my mind up for me.

I splurged and got the Level 42 Samoorai Galleon. Hopefully it will last me until I am nearly done with MooShu and get that Marleybone ship when my Nautical Level moves into the 50ish range.
I saw level 48 ships in Mooshu before in Subata Skyway.