Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"When East Meets West" thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Doing Egg Shen's recent promo quest, "When East Meets West", as a Privateer, I enjoyed it, though, I feel it needs some polishing.

Here's those thoughts, in polish & maintenance...

1) During the 1st conversation with Luo Cha in Yama Kai, the camera angle doesn't focus on him when he said, "No, no, no - put away your weapons. I know better than to try to fight the likes of you. What do you want?", & Ratbeard, whose dialogue portrait is incorrect & should be fixed to accommodate his current tier status, should make an appearance & the camera should focus on him when he said, "Your Earring? It looks t'be nothin' but worthless iron.", & then back to Luo Cha when he said, "Trust me. He won't refuse you.", & on his 2nd conversation, the meals from Chef Motomori should appear when Luo Cha said, "Motomori gave you no trouble? I thought not. Now, dinner!", no eating sounds when he says, "Mmmmm.... Mmmm! Good! Such flavors... Surely, he is a god of cookery!" & the camera should focus on him again there, & Egg Shen should appear, with the camera focusing on him, when he said, "At last, we have our Six Demon Bag! Let's see what the Sentinel Spirit wants us to do with it!'. Plus, there's no echo reverbs during those conversations with him.

2) Before entering the Temple of the Immortals, the camera angles don't focus on the companions during their lines, in their respective order, Egg Shen: "Wait! Time for the medicine! Before we go in, we must all drink the Potion. Cheers!", Bonnie Anne: "Mmmm. That's good. I feel... I feel kind of invincible.", El Toro: "Me too! I have a very positive attitude about this.", & Old Scratch: "We can see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do. Let's go!", & there's no potion drinking sound effect placed in.

3) After defeating the Chosen Demons of Ching Dai, in the Paths of Penance's Temple of the Immortals, there should be a new unique cinematic showing Egg Shen actually using the 6 Demon Bag against the shattered Altar shrine, really showing the storm that ultimately destroys the Altar after he says, "This is it! Begone, Demons! Face the power of my Six Demon Bag!", & when the cinematic is done, he says, "It is done! Let peace return to this blighted place. Now, I must go to Master Hao.". This should also be non-player controlled by turning them into dialogue pop-ups.

4) The Spirit Sentinel, the one from the Turtle Shrine, doesn't have the ghost echo reverbs in his voiceover lines like he should have during our 1st & 2nd conversations with him in the Paths of Penance, to have the appropriate feeling of speaking to a spiritual sentient speaking through a statue.

5) Xueki should have dialogue before going into combat with him. I think it should be this... "Ach! Great! Just when my day couldn't get even worse! First, I get a threat, and now, I see intruders on my doorstep?! That tears it! You leave me no choice. I'll show you not to barge in on my worse days! Get them!".

To be continued... I'm not finished yet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
OK, now I can continue...

6) The Weary Ghost, currently incorrectly labeled as Evil Spirit, doesn't have his strong ghost echo reverbs when he says, "Hear me! Hear me! All is out of balance! The Dark One is devouring all our souls! Find the last Sentinel Spirit - seek the Turtle...". Plus, the quest's 4th goal should be changed to "Defeat 4 Weary Spirits", instead of "Defeat 4 Evil Spirits", & it should count towards defeating the other spirits in the Paths of Penance, not the just the Weary Spirits alone, & the enemy mobs from that promo quest should be renamed to Weary Spirits, to make it easier to identify them from other enemy spirit mobs in the Paths of Penance's graveyard area.

7) During the 1st & 2nd conversations with Shao Tsing, the camera doesn't focus on him when he says his lines, "Alchemist? You flatter me - I am but a humble tea seller. What do you need a Potion of Virtue for, anyway?", & "Very good - these are nice and ripe! Here is your potion. Don't drink it until you need to!", respectively.

8) During our conversation with Chef Motomori, the camera doesn't focus on him when he says, "Excuse me, but I am frightfully busy - I must prepare dinner for Lord Chagatai and the emissaries from - wait, what do you have there?", & the meals should appear near to him during that conversation with him.

There. Those are the polish & maintenance thoughts about Egg Shen's recent promo quest. KI, hope they get made sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, besides the maintenance & polish thoughts, I noticed that there's no unique cinematic cutscene actually showing Egg Shen using the Six Demon Bag against the ruined Altar, showing the storm that's supposed to destroy the Altar's remains in his second promotion quest. That moment felt empty to me.