Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rat Pack Must Pay! Not a quest for Buccaneers?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 28, 2019
I just recently started playing on Pirate101 and my first avatar/character was a swashbuckler. With that character I was able to complete Rat Pack must Pay and got Tricky Vinny along with the quest.
I made another character, a buccaneer, and did That's a Spicy Rat Haul and was sent to talk to the Frogfather afterword, and when I talk to the Frogfather the quest was just dropped and I wasn't able to continue. Tricky Vinny appeared in the crown shop later, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JaedBlade99 on Oct 6, 2019 wrote:
I just recently started playing on Pirate101 and my first avatar/character was a swashbuckler. With that character I was able to complete Rat Pack must Pay and got Tricky Vinny along with the quest.
I made another character, a buccaneer, and did That's a Spicy Rat Haul and was sent to talk to the Frogfather afterword, and when I talk to the Frogfather the quest was just dropped and I wasn't able to continue. Tricky Vinny appeared in the crown shop later, though.
Go back to the Frogfather, sometimes the quest line doesn't show immediately.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Tricky Vinny is unlocked by the quest "The Great Infestation" which, together with the storyline quest "One Eyed Jacks are Wild," has to be completed in order to pick up "The Rat Pack Must Pay."

Is it possible you hadn't reached that point in the story line? I'd suggest going back to check again when you start the "Treasure Hunt" quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 7, 2019 wrote:
Tricky Vinny is unlocked by the quest "The Great Infestation" which, together with the storyline quest "One Eyed Jacks are Wild," has to be completed in order to pick up "The Rat Pack Must Pay."

Is it possible you hadn't reached that point in the story line? I'd suggest going back to check again when you start the "Treasure Hunt" quest.

You can receive the quest "The Great Infestation" before completing "One Eyed Jacks are Wild". I've done this to get Vinny asap. After the Infestation quest, you ought to get "that's a Spicey Rat Haul" then "The Rat Pack Must Pay".
Try talking to the Frogfather again.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2019 wrote:
You can receive the quest "The Great Infestation" before completing "One Eyed Jacks are Wild". I've done this to get Vinny asap. After the Infestation quest, you ought to get "that's a Spicey Rat Haul" then "The Rat Pack Must Pay".
Try talking to the Frogfather again.
Yes. I didn't say that you couldn't. In fact, that was what I was explaining -- side quests can be both independent of or dependent upon progress through the story.

It's kind of why we try to maintain accuracy in the Pirate101Central wiki wherever possible in this regard.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I did this with no problem. Try going to the Frog father again. That's all the help i can give you

Fair Taryn Lewis a.k.a (code name ) Keen Eyes